Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Rifles

GP3....

Had to laugh at Martin’s sit rep. On his phone, talk about a bit windy...🤣

No wind over here ??? HOLLY

Might have been wrong . if it dan the man won it with a 41 in windy conditions . right where did i put my barracuda match . 10.06 ??? HOLLY

Yes the wind was very fickle Colin. One minute a steady breeze then a much stronger series of gusts. The course was excellent I thought, the dips and shallow gully changed the way the wind went pushing pellets high or cancelling the wind out so the pellet went straight.

I finished on a 24, thought it was a 23 but checking my photo of the card it was miscounted by 1. Had around 10 shots that landed either under the crosshair or on the 3 or 9 edge.

Only missed 2 faceplates but the 5 lanes of standers I had to do proved more difficult to keep the rifle where I wanted it, the rest was either me not being brave enough with windage to see it lane up to an inch past the paddle usually on the left.

If i was still doing the circuit . there is no way i would do Rivington ??? HOLLY

3 hours ago, holly said:

If i was still doing the circuit . there is no way i would do Rivington ??? HOLLY

Why’s that, nice trip u t’north, just missing a truck....🤣

Cos it is bare arsed ??? HOLLY

Pussies

Its FT not what its become poke and hope one edge or the other to be decioded on standers and kneelers.

Cant be that bad if a 41 won it, same as 2014 when there were apparently mechanical failures to avoid handing their cards in.

Thought they had a new wood to shoot in, piccies seen looks like first part of the course 4 years ago, gets a lot worse up the top 3 times the wind drift.

Jon,

The top part they called the horse shoe. 2 of what I think where my best shots came from there a 47 yard and a 53yd, well thats what I gave them, and gave them about 120mm of windage to get them. Windicator and strings blowing well out left. Even the 22yd 25mm needed about 40mm to knock over. 

Shot there 4 years ago and enjoyed this course much better than then. Plenty for all and some more challenging than others.

Going to guess that Nelson might be similar if the wind comes up.

You will have to do better at Bisley Andy  or Melv and me will beat you ??? HOLLY