Sign in to follow this  
holly

FP10 V POWER LUBE ?

Tomorrow is lube day . 25 dry pellets at 56 yards ( on paper ) to satisfy Rob . then 25 FP10 lubed pellets . barrel clean and 25 napier power lube at 56 yards . all off the bench supported  . test pellet AAs 8.4 . 4.52s at 780 checked . who will win this titanic battle ? well it won't be colin this time , cos he is not allowed on the IOW . by order of the Govenor ??? HOLLY

PS there is a big sign , in the shape of a hand  on the pier at ryde where the ferry comes in . pointing back to Pompy saying  " SOD OFF COLIN " .

power lube won by a country mile . but i think at 4 drops too much . as it altered the Zero slightly and slowed it down 10 FPS . plus seeming to take slightly more windage . so next time out it will be one drop to 55 pellets ??? HOLLY

When I got the lube reintroduced and also Napier began sponsoring the GP series I passed some bottles to James Woodhead, Terry order, etc and some to a few shooters in the Midlands to test.

They found the lubed pellets were better, marginally, but to use very little lube.  The Midlands guys also found using 1 bottle of lubrotechnic lt1 I think it was called and one bottle of Napier mixed together and applied via the lubrotechnic spray bottle gave the best results.

Me, I can't group consistently enough to tell any difference but as it was all too shots at the time testing it, took their word for it.

Matt

On Prems Matt , FP10 is the business . but horses for courses . as said on the AAs  it def pulled in the groups at 55 yards ( benched ). so this sunday it is one drop to 55 pellets . i think that is what cliffy uses as well . ??? HOLLY