Sign in to follow this  
AndyIoW

GP4 Nelson

Well just waiting to head home on the hovercraft but would like to say thanks to everyone who put out and helped at Nelson.

The course was excellently using the ground with steep down hill shots and uphill (hate them as never get comfy). The wind was variable in strength and direction.

Heard 46 was top in morning as leaving but could be wrong. Happy with my 31 just wish I had been able to hit more of the black faceplates targets 

Posted (edited)

Yup quite respectable andy .well it is compared to my 28 at spring anyway ??? HOLLY

Edited by holly

48 top, wrecker...

I was holding 2 down for ages but got to the open section and failed miserably as I melted in that heat.  Shot with bertie, he was flying as well, but had a few silly mistakes unfortunately.

Set my goal to get a 40+ score this year and managed it, so well chuffed.

Matt

Well done, looks like the course was a well received!

Yes the last time i shot there Matt , i shot with berty . held him to right at the end . shooting down into that stream was a booger .. and as you come out into the full glare of the sun in a shooting jacket was harsh ??? HOLLY

Holly,

Yes, it was -covered in gore- hot, well I found it -covered in gore- hot also ran out of water by this point.

It wasn't just the heat I realised the gun is not setup, fit wise, I need to spend some time doing this...it's just finding the time.

A -covered in gore- good course set out though.

Matt

I think afternoon groups might of found it hotter. I got through nearly 2 litres of water during the morning. Needed a shirt change before heading home. 

What I learnt that blackface plates in shadowed areas it was easy to 'lose' the crosshairs. Missed most of the black faceplates positionals, mostly low so need to practice I think more. 

Andy , you are suffering the MK1 Nikko blues ??? HOLLY

PS only thing to do is paint all the targets black at the club . 

Can not be MK1 blues Holly as I have a MK2.

Anyway now slightly more awake I can review my shooting a but more.

Started on lane 16, both uphill sitting position missed both the longer landing about an inch outside 9 and the closer reducer at 9. Needed to give them a bit more wind.

Next miss was T36 gave wind but needed more. Outside edge at 3 needed to be an inch out further.

Missed both standers on lane 20 hitting 6 on both, missed the next target at 3 as gave to much wind.

Then missed 3 in a row T46 gave wind needed none, then the next kneelers missed at 9 and then 6. Both the Standers and Kneelers had been black faceplates, I found it difficult as 'lost' crosshairs.

Next miss was T2 should have given nothing as missed faceplate as aimed on the nose. Think it went over the nose as the paddle was high up.

T12 gave nothing landed at 9, T13 gave 9 landed at 3 (not enough), did the same T19 and 20 but other way round.

T23 pulled the stander high, then missed T26 left after giving nothing then missed T27 giving right landing further right! Confused on that.

Then missed T29 AND 30 by not giving enough wind. Should have remembered what happened when I started on the next lane.

Got through nearly 2litres of water during the morning session. The downhill targets I felt better on than the lanes going slightly uphill. Think that not being able to get my right arm near the right leg to steady it, maybe more beans or a readjustment of position.

Roll on Bisley.

Sounds like you had fun Andy especially with the unexpected heat, just what you need in a gimp jacket, reminds me of the Devon GP a few years ago where it was the humidity that was the killer.

Well and truly cooked both the gun and scope, always leave them both open to the  elements, must the kahles or Schutz never missed a beat.

All misses landed exactly where I aimed or went across kill, only had one that I never saw land and that's when I realised I need to spend more time and effort with gun fit.

Can't wait for the new woodwork to come then I can hopefully get it all set up.

Matt

5 hours ago, AndyIoW said:

Can not be MK1 blues Holly as I have a MK2.

Anyway now slightly more awake I can review my shooting a but more.

Started on lane 16, both uphill sitting position missed both the longer landing about an inch outside 9 and the closer reducer at 9. Needed to give them a bit more wind.

Next miss was T36 gave wind but needed more. Outside edge at 3 needed to be an inch out further.

Missed both standers on lane 20 hitting 6 on both, missed the next target at 3 as gave to much wind.

Then missed 3 in a row T46 gave wind needed none, then the next kneelers missed at 9 and then 6. Both the Standers and Kneelers had been black faceplates, I found it difficult as 'lost' crosshairs.

Next miss was T2 should have given nothing as missed faceplate as aimed on the nose. Think it went over the nose as the paddle was high up.

T12 gave nothing landed at 9, T13 gave 9 landed at 3 (not enough), did the same T19 and 20 but other way round.

T23 pulled the stander high, then missed T26 left after giving nothing then missed T27 giving right landing further right! Confused on that.

Then missed T29 AND 30 by not giving enough wind. Should have remembered what happened when I started on the next lane.

Got through nearly 2litres of water during the morning session. The downhill targets I felt better on than the lanes going slightly uphill. Think that not being able to get my right arm near the right leg to steady it, maybe more beans or a readjustment of position.

Roll on Bisley.

Or less beans on toast , or less real ale ??? HOLLY

16 hours ago, holly said:

Or less beans on toast , or less real ale ??? HOLLY

Oh the irony....:rolleyes:

what Andy needs is a personal trainer . i volunteer to ride my electric bike alongside him whilst he is running ??? HOLLY

12 minutes ago, holly said:

what Andy needs is a personal trainer . i volunteer to ride my electric bike alongside him whilst he is running ??? HOLLY

You're all heart Holly...:rolleyes:

Of course , always ready to help ??? HOLLY

4 hours ago, holly said:

Ok if you are in Newport at 4am then you can.

Oh that's right you don't get up before 7am

9.00 AM is the crack of dawn Andy as far as i can see ??? HOLLY

14 minutes ago, holly said:

9.00 AM is the crack of dawn Andy as far as i can see ??? HOLLY

Only problem is that Holly is one of these regular individuals that takes a dump every morning at 7am...:rolleyes:

How crude . not true either ??? HOLLY

On 6/12/2018 at 3:53 PM, holly said:

How crude . not true either ??? HOLLY

Ah sorry, damn predictive text:

'Only problem is that Holly is one of these regular individuals that takes his rubbish to the dump every morning at 7am...:rolleyes:'