Matt

Anschutz roll of honour

29 minutes ago, holly said:

Not too late to get a real mans Rifle ??? HOLLY

I has one and it is all shiny and stuff...:thumb:

Needs some walnut in there ??? HOLLY

12 hours ago, holly said:

Needs some walnut in there ??? HOLLY

I like walnuts but only as part of a walnut whip.

On 6/16/2018 at 7:27 PM, Matt said:

I'm fine with it going however it goes, it's been mentioned to me Anschutz needs to do more to publicise wins and past wins but without the info how can you do it?

Matt

The info is there... you just have to do the research. When I mean you I actually mean you Matt (or Anschutz). Otherwise you can't validate it and it's just 2nd hand info.

I would have thought perhaps asking the various bodies in an official capacity would maybe yield more fruit than on an internet forum that only a handful of people visit.

It might look a little more professional or committed as well.

Maybe would be nice to have official scores on bfta site also include the rifle/scope used.  I mean whats the point of filling it out on the score cards if its not?

Also yes Anschutz does need to do alot more, talk to people who are shooting their rifles for one! There are guys achieving great things with Anschutz rifles right now.  AA would be all over it.  

I think it would be nice if the BFTA had a volunteer to do that, I mean what's the point in suggesting it if there isn't one?

Who says they don't? But who handles the bfta site?  If you don't attend all the GPs but don't mind popping the information in a spreadsheet then someone also needs to get the info to that person. 

I know for sure Martin would love to do more with the stats collated.   Don't assume others don't too.

Problem is that the information is incomplete going back decades.

I mean we should have all the names and scores of people that have attended the Worlds over the years starting back in the late 80's but we don't it would seem.

Would be nice to try and compile a record before the relevant people all head to FT heaven in the sky but without a documented record that doesn't involve Holly recounting that he got a 46/47/49 in '94 but was robbed we are stuffed.

Oh you heard about my superb scores hey ??? HOLLY

16 minutes ago, holly said:

Oh you heard about my superb scores hey ??? HOLLY

Yes, from you many times.

Amazing how you were also robbed all through the nineties by people filling out your cards wrong, not paying officials enough, sleeping with the Chief marshal's wife et al. I mean at this rate you could write a book with all this stuff, ah hold on....:rolleyes:

FT_Excuses Holly.jpg

There are lies , damn lies and Colin ??? HOLLY

14 minutes ago, holly said:

There are lies , damn lies and Colin ??? HOLLY

You're too generous...:grin:

5 hours ago, NatS said:

Maybe would be nice to have official scores on bfta site also include the rifle/scope used.  I mean whats the point of filling it out on the score cards if its not?

Also yes Anschutz does need to do alot more, talk to people who are shooting their rifles for one! There are guys achieving great things with Anschutz rifles right now.  AA would be all over it.  

I agree with nats and say if the info is there then please show me rob, saves we requesting the information on forums.

The bfta events don't lend themselves to getting pics etc of people with trophies as to be fair those who shoot am session are long gone as the results are announced - so as with wrecker I need a pic of him with trophy from wales,  I think he said he was on holiday for next shoot so can't obtain the pic until Dorset and the info is then well known about.

With regards talking to shooters what would you like to discuss?  There's me and Kevin Sayers you can now talk to - so talk away.

Matt

I'd love to do more with the stats but it takes money and time to do it. Myself, Rob and Bri have spent hours collecting data and publishing it, along with over 10,000 photographs.

Maybe if the sponsor thru some money at the BFTA we'd be able to do more projects that require skilled programmers, until than I can't see much changing as I do enough as it is without taking on more projects.

What ever you do , will never be enough for some . we say thanks HOLLY

14 hours ago, holly said:

What ever you do , will never be enough for some . we say thanks HOLLY

Very true, though Ian does a superb job with his spreadsheets. The shot analysis he did for the SEFTA GP at Springfield was superb.

Ian is a GPO man , he should be flogged once a month , at least ??? HOLLY

On 6/23/2018 at 8:48 AM, holly said:

Ian is a GPO man , he should be flogged once a month , at least ??? HOLLY

Nasty, I’d be careful just in case he has words with his mates down in Hampshire and cut the single copper wire off the Rock...😁

I am glad we are in agreement then colin ??? HOLLY

On 6/21/2018 at 2:28 PM, NatS said:

Who says they don't? But who handles the bfta site?  If you don't attend all the GPs but don't mind popping the information in a spreadsheet then someone also needs to get the info to that person. 

I know for sure Martin would love to do more with the stats collated.   Don't assume others don't too.

Well the fact that you've pointed out it doesn't happen suggests either they don't have a volunteer, or the volunteer isn't doing what you think they should... pick one.

I'm going with there isn't a volunteer, so as ever, think of an idea and put yourself forward to do it. I find that's a better approach than suggesting things that other people should do...

On 6/21/2018 at 6:03 PM, Matt said:

I agree with nats and say if the info is there then please show me rob, saves we requesting the information on forums.

The bfta events don't lend themselves to getting pics etc of people with trophies as to be fair those who shoot am session are long gone as the results are announced - so as with wrecker I need a pic of him with trophy from wales,  I think he said he was on holiday for next shoot so can't obtain the pic until Dorset and the info is then well known about.

With regards talking to shooters what would you like to discuss?  There's me and Kevin Sayers you can now talk to - so talk away.

Matt

The info is there Matt. Look it up. You know who shoots what, look up the results, complile and publish.

I know you don't shoot these days Matt, I think we're onto the 2nd year of not handing out trophies. But the results are up normally within a day or so. There's plenty of pics of Wrecker around. I'm sure if you made arrangements to go and photograph him he'd be happy to be around at the next GP. Alternatively if there was an official sponsor beforehand for that GP then that could be done. What it needs is to say what is wanted for the sponsorship beforehand rather than afterwards when it's too late. When dealing with most professional organisations there's normally something written down somewhere.

Not sure about what you mean about you and Kev. You and Kev now what?

But if it's feedback you want then can you look into the ETA times for Anschutz parts in the UK. I've been told 30 days but orders are only made every 30 days so can be up to two months. If that's not correct then please let me know.

1 hour ago, robF said:

Well the fact that you've pointed out it doesn't happen suggests either they don't have a volunteer, or the volunteer isn't doing what you think they should... pick one.

I'm going with there isn't a volunteer, so as ever, think of an idea and put yourself forward to do it. I find that's a better approach than suggesting things that other people should do...

Again Rob don't assume I haven't.   I've asked Martin about it already.  Honestly sometimes you do like to jump to the easy hasty conclusions.  Maybe you don't know me or have surrounded yourself with suggesters rather than doers... anyone who knows me knows I don't suggest unless willing to do.

Sorry Nat I don't follow. You said maybe it would be nice if.. which comes across as a suggestion... which isn't the same as saying I volunteered to do this but someone said no.

Sorry I jumped on the maybe if as being something that maybe, not that you had been ruled out of doing

So if the BFTA send you all the cards  in the post after each shoot you'd be happy to go through them all and email Martin back a spreadsheet with all the kit used so he can upload it to the BFTA site? If so great..! :)  Apart from the hassle of posting the cards each way I can't see an issue with that.

Yep or every few shoots to make it easier for whoever posts them.   Not like they have to be updated immediately like the scores but it will be nice to have some records going forward.   

Great... then have a word with Martin to see where cards go to die and get them sent :)

7 hours ago, robF said:

The info is there Matt. Look it up. You know who shoots what, look up the results, complile and publish.

I know you don't shoot these days Matt, I think we're onto the 2nd year of not handing out trophies. But the results are up normally within a day or so. There's plenty of pics of Wrecker around. I'm sure if you made arrangements to go and photograph him he'd be happy to be around at the next GP. Alternatively if there was an official sponsor beforehand for that GP then that could be done. What it needs is to say what is wanted for the sponsorship beforehand rather than afterwards when it's too late. When dealing with most professional organisations there's normally something written down somewhere.

Not sure about what you mean about you and Kev. You and Kev now what?

But if it's feedback you want then can you look into the ETA times for Anschutz parts in the UK. I've been told 30 days but orders are only made every 30 days so can be up to two months. If that's not correct then please let me know.

Hi Rob,

I'm a little confused I have you saying the info is there, Martin is saying I need to pay him / you / Brian to do the work as it requires a skilled programmer to do it - surely its just data input or is my 30 years experience not classed as being a skilled programmer?  I see Nat has said she would volunteer to do it so all good from that side then?  Unfortunately shooters use different kit, they try different things and win comps with different kit - hence for old data help from the shooters is required.

Regards the trophies, it was Wrecker that suggested to me I'd have to wait for him to get the trophy so i can photograph him with it and also that he is on holiday so it wouldn't be at Bisley but Devon - do I need to tell Wrecker there are no trophies?  With regards pics I have asked before to BFTA officials but unfortunately the people taking the pics wanted payment, as soon as they knew they were for a sponsor, the sponsor wasn't willing to pay for them (this was at the world champs - the sponsor had already donated prizes as well)- in the end I think Simon Evans supplied a couple of the images FOC.

Whilst we are on about Sponsors - maybe if the BFTA contacted sponsors before events they may get sponsored - just a thought?  Who is the trade liaison officer for BFTA anyway?  Not sure I've been approached ever by a BFTA trade liaison rep?

What I mean by me and Kev, well we both work for RUAG - Kev fulltime sales and me part time - so if Nat wants to pass any info onto Anschutz or get into any dialogue then speak to us two so we can pass any info on, alternatively email them direct like you would with AirArms.  For info the manufacturers and distributors get harassed everyday by people who are generally just after getting as much free stuff and biggin themselves up therefore for certain manufacturers and distributors its of more benefit to have a filter system.

With regards comments then I would rather speak to people with real world experiences, rather than he said, she said, for example Colin from this forum asked me about replacement O-rings think he received them in a few days.  Spares are hard to hold as you never know what people want and in what quantities - a lot of the time there are minimum order quantities for things and extortionate carriage charges as well so hence delays occur until sufficient items are being ordered.  Requests for spare are generally through your dealer who will then contact RUAG - they have some spares available off the shelf but if not it will happen as above.

Finally things are changing whilst Jon supports the endorsed converted rifles RUAG is looking to setup a service centre - unfortunately this will take time as it needs the service guys to go on an official course, same as with Steyr and Walther, I would assume servicing would be on a booked in time slot - as its a business I don't think it would work how certain servicing agents work in the UK whereby if your mates with them you get to the front of the queue

Think I covered everything.

Matt

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Hi Rob,

I'm a little confused I have you saying the info is there, Martin is saying I need to pay him / you / Brian to do the work as it requires a skilled programmer to do it - surely its just data input or is my 30 years experience not classed as being a skilled programmer?  I see Nat has said she would volunteer to do it so all good from that side then?  Unfortunately shooters use different kit, they try different things and win comps with different kit - hence for old data help from the shooters is required.

Regards the trophies, it was Wrecker that suggested to me I'd have to wait for him to get the trophy so i can photograph him with it and also that he is on holiday so it wouldn't be at Bisley but Devon - do I need to tell Wrecker there are no trophies?  With regards pics I have asked before to BFTA officials but unfortunately the people taking the pics wanted payment, as soon as they knew they were for a sponsor, the sponsor wasn't willing to pay for them (this was at the world champs - the sponsor had already donated prizes as well)- in the end I think Simon Evans supplied a couple of the images FOC.

Whilst we are on about Sponsors - maybe if the BFTA contacted sponsors before events they may get sponsored - just a thought?  Who is the trade liaison officer for BFTA anyway?  Not sure I've been approached ever by a BFTA trade liaison rep?

What I mean by me and Kev, well we both work for RUAG - Kev fulltime sales and me part time - so if Nat wants to pass any info onto Anschutz or get into any dialogue then speak to us two so we can pass any info on, alternatively email them direct like you would with AirArms.  For info the manufacturers and distributors get harassed everyday by people who are generally just after getting as much free stuff and biggin themselves up therefore for certain manufacturers and distributors its of more benefit to have a filter system.

With regards comments then I would rather speak to people with real world experiences, rather than he said, she said, for example Colin from this forum asked me about replacement O-rings think he received them in a few days.  Spares are hard to hold as you never know what people want and in what quantities - a lot of the time there are minimum order quantities for things and extortionate carriage charges as well so hence delays occur until sufficient items are being ordered.  Requests for spare are generally through your dealer who will then contact RUAG - they have some spares available off the shelf but if not it will happen as above.

Finally things are changing whilst Jon supports the endorsed converted rifles RUAG is looking to setup a service centre - unfortunately this will take time as it needs the service guys to go on an official course, same as with Steyr and Walther, I would assume servicing would be on a booked in time slot - as its a business I don't think it would work how certain servicing agents work in the UK whereby if your mates with them you get to the front of the queue

Think I covered everything.

Matt

Matt, 

The records are there. I assume you know the names of the shooters working in sales...... I guess there's some you don't though and granted that could be more difficult to find them out. Perhaps Jon has a list of the conversions he's done for people? I can't think many have sold 9015's on but old guns might be harder to track.

So I think what Martin and Brian are referring to is the extra work involved in programming all the info (like gun make) into the results instead of you simply looking up Dan Eley etc on each of the Grand Prix etc results and seeing how he did. Same could be done on the Worlds and I would have thought the various HFT series have their records where you can do the same. But yes I can completely see how if you wanted that work to be done for you so it presented the exact info you wanted at press of a button then there would be some extra work involved. To be honest I would have thought you could have done it by now. 

I'm not sure what the worlds have to do with the BFTA but as I've said before, to you, regarding the Worlds in 2019, if there's something a sponsor wants then all they have to do is contact us before the event to discuss their requirements and we'll try and accommodate them. We have a person allocated directly to that role and they are already discussing with sponsors direct. After the event it becomes a little more difficult so I am very pro-active in trying to make events the best opportunity for the trade as possible so they don't miss any opportunities. 

I guess having not made arrangements to be a sponsor then wanting to use photographs for commercial interests there would be some expectation of compensation... perhaps that's just me working in the creative media but that tends to be how it works that when you get a professional commercial company asking for usage then there's some exchange that makes that worth while. I guess the alternative is to take them yourself or arrange someone to do it for you beforehand.

What I suggest is perhaps contacting the BFTA and letting them know your requirements. Having attended the BFTA GM's for several years it would be refreshing to see a offer being put in writing which might motivate some more action in bringing the profile forward.

I am not sure what you mean by Air Arms. I don't have any relationship with them or ever had.

I wasn't aware you and Kev worked for Ruag. I think you mentioned something a while back but that was when you declined a place in the Walther team that I think you were contemplating shooting for... dunno maybe wrong it's busy these days.

I've never approached a manufacturer to get free stuff or big myself up. I did however secure spares for the Walther team years back which they were grateful for.
What I have had a need for is some very basic spares but I was told to contact Ruag. Perhaps it was a mistake that I emailed Anschutz direct but it took a week to get a reply. That's not good in this day and age. By that time I'd found another avenue who was able to somehow get supplies from Anschutz direct. So I never got to encounter this filter. However the 30 day problem was passed to me by 3 independent sources all of whom had tried beforehand. That's great if that's been solved as I was given a contact name so that is hopefully something for the future and I can verify how long it takes for myself.

I'm glad there's going to be some servicing agents in the UK. That's a step forward from other manufacturers and to be applauded. I'm fairly sure that Jon is capable having done the conversions in the first place but I understand the need to rubber stamp that and it's going to be good to know that there's an open professional service network for FT rifles. That should put the brand in good stead. I hope the need for minimum requirements and the shipping from Germany isn't too bad though. I know when I dealt with Walther direct it was pretty good and I could get anything in stock within 2-3 days. Likewise with agents I've been able to get most parts shipped and to my door normally within a week even if they have to get them from Walther. DHL seem pretty good with the delivery it's only when it's 10's of kg's it's got anything like serious. 

Sounds like it's all on the up. So if you can spare a little time to go to thebfta.net and look up the results so far you can see Dan is leading the Grand Prix series which is something to crow about... and perhaps that will give you a taste to look back a few more years and put something together to drive more sales... or as he's doing so well perhaps slip in a sponsorship proposal so that when he lifts the title later in the year someone from the BFTA can take a nice piccy of Dan in his team gear :)

21 hours ago, robF said:

Matt, 

The records are there. I assume you know the names of the shooters working in sales...... I guess there's some you don't though and granted that could be more difficult to find them out. Perhaps Jon has a list of the conversions he's done for people? I can't think many have sold 9015's on but old guns might be harder to track.

So I think what Martin and Brian are referring to is the extra work involved in programming all the info (like gun make) into the results instead of you simply looking up Dan Eley etc on each of the Grand Prix etc results and seeing how he did. Same could be done on the Worlds and I would have thought the various HFT series have their records where you can do the same. But yes I can completely see how if you wanted that work to be done for you so it presented the exact info you wanted at press of a button then there would be some extra work involved. To be honest I would have thought you could have done it by now. 

I'm not sure what the worlds have to do with the BFTA but as I've said before, to you, regarding the Worlds in 2019, if there's something a sponsor wants then all they have to do is contact us before the event to discuss their requirements and we'll try and accommodate them. We have a person allocated directly to that role and they are already discussing with sponsors direct. After the event it becomes a little more difficult so I am very pro-active in trying to make events the best opportunity for the trade as possible so they don't miss any opportunities. 

I guess having not made arrangements to be a sponsor then wanting to use photographs for commercial interests there would be some expectation of compensation... perhaps that's just me working in the creative media but that tends to be how it works that when you get a professional commercial company asking for usage then there's some exchange that makes that worth while. I guess the alternative is to take them yourself or arrange someone to do it for you beforehand.

What I suggest is perhaps contacting the BFTA and letting them know your requirements. Having attended the BFTA GM's for several years it would be refreshing to see a offer being put in writing which might motivate some more action in bringing the profile forward.

I am not sure what you mean by Air Arms. I don't have any relationship with them or ever had.

I wasn't aware you and Kev worked for Ruag. I think you mentioned something a while back but that was when you declined a place in the Walther team that I think you were contemplating shooting for... dunno maybe wrong it's busy these days.

I've never approached a manufacturer to get free stuff or big myself up. I did however secure spares for the Walther team years back which they were grateful for.
What I have had a need for is some very basic spares but I was told to contact Ruag. Perhaps it was a mistake that I emailed Anschutz direct but it took a week to get a reply. That's not good in this day and age. By that time I'd found another avenue who was able to somehow get supplies from Anschutz direct. So I never got to encounter this filter. However the 30 day problem was passed to me by 3 independent sources all of whom had tried beforehand. That's great if that's been solved as I was given a contact name so that is hopefully something for the future and I can verify how long it takes for myself.

I'm glad there's going to be some servicing agents in the UK. That's a step forward from other manufacturers and to be applauded. I'm fairly sure that Jon is capable having done the conversions in the first place but I understand the need to rubber stamp that and it's going to be good to know that there's an open professional service network for FT rifles. That should put the brand in good stead. I hope the need for minimum requirements and the shipping from Germany isn't too bad though. I know when I dealt with Walther direct it was pretty good and I could get anything in stock within 2-3 days. Likewise with agents I've been able to get most parts shipped and to my door normally within a week even if they have to get them from Walther. DHL seem pretty good with the delivery it's only when it's 10's of kg's it's got anything like serious. 

Sounds like it's all on the up. So if you can spare a little time to go to thebfta.net and look up the results so far you can see Dan is leading the Grand Prix series which is something to crow about... and perhaps that will give you a taste to look back a few more years and put something together to drive more sales... or as he's doing so well perhaps slip in a sponsorship proposal so that when he lifts the title later in the year someone from the BFTA can take a nice piccy of Dan in his team gear :)

Hi Rob,

To answer your points:

I don't know what you mean by the names of shooters working in sales?

Maybe I could have done the work but rather than me speculate as to whether they were using an Anschutz or not it's better to have cold hard facts and the only way to get them would be from the shooters themselves or indeed an Association like the BFTA, EFTA, etc.  As an example I had forgotten about Beryl and Jenny winning the ladies titles, aloso unsure of the overseas ladies who have won the title and what they may have been using - is it actually called the "ladies world champion" or something else?

With regards EFTA - had no contact what so ever.  BFTA and worlds I take on board your point I won't make the same mistake again with that one.

With regards recompense it would seem the BFTA / EFTA  (EFTA are a sub section of the BFTA aren't they?) are going very corporate and money oriented - guess as a potential sponsor we should look at what benefit we get from certain events in more detail thanks for the heads up on this.

When I mentioned you I was probably meaning people in general not you as in Rob.  I guess I used AirArms as another name and hence if I wanted to contact AirArms I would email them direct, life is this simple.

Nope, never declined a place in the Walther team - never been asked to be in the Walther team.  Been asked to act as a representative for them - similar vein to Frank Esser, but never been asked to be in the team.

With regards spares again, I won't do the he said she said if you personally wanted spares - I didn't know you had a Anschutz - but I'm guessing its a converted rifle so I would first of all point you in the direction of whomever converted the rifle and let them deal with it.  I know Jon offers to look after all of the rifles he has worked on - the reason we ask you to go through the person who did the conversion is that we are not aware of what may have been modded on the rifle so it's always best for any requests for spares to go through where you got it from.

I think I'll make the decision and just start the roll of honour from this year - it's easier to validate the info thus makes more sense.  If others can prove they won x shoot and it can be independently verified then I'll add them.

With regards Dan, he's looking good for this year as are a few others so we will have to wait and see.  Will also have to speak to the BFTA and see what their costs are for the photo?

I may actually write a post up about how to get sponsored, hopefully it may help a few people achieve this - though I will say you have to be careful what you wish for as it isn't all sunshine and roses.  Are many people sponsored in FT - I don't mean sponsored as in shoot for a team (as far as I'm aware they get clothing and pellets maybe free servicing) - I mean actually sponsored?

regards,

Matt

When i was in the sportsmatch team . we were told we would get preferential servicing . not cheaper or free . just get to pay out £300 before the rest . good hey ??? HOLLY

I

34 minutes ago, holly said:

When i was in the sportsmatch team . we were told we would get preferential servicing . not cheaper or free . just get to pay out £300 before the rest . good hey ??? HOLLY

Holly,

When I shot for Daystate we got a jacket and I think that was it?

For Anschutz and Dave Welham think  we got to shoot for the honour of the team.

For me I think shooting for the team was a honour, I wasn't interested in anything free just saw it that I'd finally got to a reasonable stage in my shooting career.

Individual wise I've been lucky to get hold of free kit for a number of shooters it's also at this point it gets difficult to sponsor people as they're already using their preferred gear so why change.  So what do you do?

I don't think anyone has made a living out of ft in any of its history and I can't see that changing in the near future - though I will say I think there are some that have come close.

Regards,

Matt