Matt

Anschutz roll of honour

29 minutes ago, holly said:

Not too late to get a real mans Rifle ??? HOLLY

I has one and it is all shiny and stuff...:thumb:

Needs some walnut in there ??? HOLLY

12 hours ago, holly said:

Needs some walnut in there ??? HOLLY

I like walnuts but only as part of a walnut whip.

On 6/16/2018 at 7:27 PM, Matt said:

I'm fine with it going however it goes, it's been mentioned to me Anschutz needs to do more to publicise wins and past wins but without the info how can you do it?

Matt

The info is there... you just have to do the research. When I mean you I actually mean you Matt (or Anschutz). Otherwise you can't validate it and it's just 2nd hand info.

I would have thought perhaps asking the various bodies in an official capacity would maybe yield more fruit than on an internet forum that only a handful of people visit.

It might look a little more professional or committed as well.

Maybe would be nice to have official scores on bfta site also include the rifle/scope used.  I mean whats the point of filling it out on the score cards if its not?

Also yes Anschutz does need to do alot more, talk to people who are shooting their rifles for one! There are guys achieving great things with Anschutz rifles right now.  AA would be all over it.  

I think it would be nice if the BFTA had a volunteer to do that, I mean what's the point in suggesting it if there isn't one?

Who says they don't? But who handles the bfta site?  If you don't attend all the GPs but don't mind popping the information in a spreadsheet then someone also needs to get the info to that person. 

I know for sure Martin would love to do more with the stats collated.   Don't assume others don't too.

Problem is that the information is incomplete going back decades.

I mean we should have all the names and scores of people that have attended the Worlds over the years starting back in the late 80's but we don't it would seem.

Would be nice to try and compile a record before the relevant people all head to FT heaven in the sky but without a documented record that doesn't involve Holly recounting that he got a 46/47/49 in '94 but was robbed we are stuffed.

Oh you heard about my superb scores hey ??? HOLLY

16 minutes ago, holly said:

Oh you heard about my superb scores hey ??? HOLLY

Yes, from you many times.

Amazing how you were also robbed all through the nineties by people filling out your cards wrong, not paying officials enough, sleeping with the Chief marshal's wife et al. I mean at this rate you could write a book with all this stuff, ah hold on....:rolleyes:

FT_Excuses Holly.jpg

There are lies , damn lies and Colin ??? HOLLY

5 hours ago, NatS said:

Maybe would be nice to have official scores on bfta site also include the rifle/scope used.  I mean whats the point of filling it out on the score cards if its not?

Also yes Anschutz does need to do alot more, talk to people who are shooting their rifles for one! There are guys achieving great things with Anschutz rifles right now.  AA would be all over it.  

I agree with nats and say if the info is there then please show me rob, saves we requesting the information on forums.

The bfta events don't lend themselves to getting pics etc of people with trophies as to be fair those who shoot am session are long gone as the results are announced - so as with wrecker I need a pic of him with trophy from wales,  I think he said he was on holiday for next shoot so can't obtain the pic until Dorset and the info is then well known about.

With regards talking to shooters what would you like to discuss?  There's me and Kevin Sayers you can now talk to - so talk away.

Matt

I'd love to do more with the stats but it takes money and time to do it. Myself, Rob and Bri have spent hours collecting data and publishing it, along with over 10,000 photographs.

Maybe if the sponsor thru some money at the BFTA we'd be able to do more projects that require skilled programmers, until than I can't see much changing as I do enough as it is without taking on more projects.

What ever you do , will never be enough for some . we say thanks HOLLY

14 hours ago, holly said:

What ever you do , will never be enough for some . we say thanks HOLLY

Very true, though Ian does a superb job with his spreadsheets. The shot analysis he did for the SEFTA GP at Springfield was superb.

Ian is a GPO man , he should be flogged once a month , at least ??? HOLLY