Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Anschutz roll of honour

Ok I'm looking to create a roll of honour for Anschutz air rifles, so if you have won a world event, European  event or national shoot in ft hft benchrest and it's verifiable can you post below please.

I know there has been three world champions with Anschutz rifles and on the ft side numerous grand Prix wins...

Also need to create a bank of photos that can be used for promotional purposes, so if you could get in contact and I'll supply details of where to send them to.

Regards

Matt

• Well first off Dan Eley won the Worlds in Germany 2004 and the way he's shooting this year has a good chance if he's going to Poland.

• Mark Henson BFTA Masters 2018

Not to mention Dan won a recent GP iirc?

James Woodhead 2009 WFTF World PCP Champion : Anschutz 2002

Matt, you can probably look up anything Dan or James did on the BFTA website and WFTF website and go from there.

James won the Gp series ??? HOLLY

The only thing he didn’t win was the Euros if I remember correctly. 

Ill be seeing king him soon but he’s probably going to be too preoccupied with getting married that day to write the titles and years down. 

Is there only two people that have won something with an Anchutz?

Long while back Rob . Dave welham never really got the sponsorship bit going properly . dan got one. can't think of anybody else . shame . 2002 was easily the best rifle out there at the time ??? HOLLY

37 minutes ago, holly said:

Long while back Rob . Dave welham never really got the sponsorship bit going properly . dan got one. can't think of anybody else . shame . 2002 was easily the best rifle out there at the time ??? HOLLY

Only in the South East mate, same as today really.

I seem to remember that the 2002's never got traction in the North due to temperature problems and easy access to Ripley...:rolleyes:

Hard part with looking at old data is we very rarely have the rifle details laid out - though I must admit it's easy for certain shooters who have stayed with the same kit over a number of years.

I know I won gp1 the other year, had shoot off against Justin wood, also top scored at least one other GP think it was Devon - though as I shot morning I didn't want to stay for shootoff.

Matt

I think it's safe to say that with the more modern Anschutzes out there now in capable hands like Wrecker and Daz it won't be long before people start taking real notice and think of them as a viable alternative to EV's.

After all it seems as if most of the AA team have ditched their FTP's and gone back to their EV's. I think AA missed a trick with the FTP as all they had to do was tart up the EV Mk.4 a bit release it as the EV-X (no don't thank me) and watch the money roll in.

I did hear rumours of a proper EV successor but wether it will actually see daylight at a sensible price who knows. 

Yeah I’ve heard there’s gonna be an FTP replacement. Which means they will get feed back from the people that actually shoot them in anger,then totally ignore them and release something that needs money thrown at it 

lots of waffel , no action ??? HOLLY

10 hours ago, holly said:

lots of waffel , no action ??? HOLLY

Maybe at your age mate....:rolleyes:

On 6/14/2018 at 8:50 AM, robF said:

The only thing he didn’t win was the Euros if I remember correctly. 

Ill be seeing king him soon but he’s probably going to be too preoccupied with getting married that day to write the titles and years down. 

Is there only two people that have won something with an Anchutz?

Define "something"

Anyway we like to stay in the shadows, encourages others with lesser weapons.

Yep specially those with souped up Walthers ??? HOLLY

9 hours ago, dc1 said:

Define "something"

Anyway we like to stay in the shadows, encourages others with lesser weapons.

Ok, anything.

Even a moral victory.

Hmm, I wonder if this is going how Matt expected it to... 😄

Confirm James did win a World title in 2009 South Africa using an old Anchutz 2002 in a Gray Cane stock i had to sort out prior. He won it running 740 ft/sec 8.4

Think it was Poland 2004 Dan won the Worlds again with a 2002.

No other World titles have been won using Anchutz, hft is just a name like our European Champs an open.

1 hour ago, robF said:

Ok, anything.

Even a moral victory.

Hmm, I wonder if this is going how Matt expected it to... 😄

I'm fine with it going however it goes, it's been mentioned to me Anschutz needs to do more to publicise wins and past wins but without the info how can you do it?

Matt

Well ive won thwe sefta showdown a couple of times

First time it ws shutz 1 and 2 and 1 in the plate

Not essentially a individual win but my 9015 cleared this years Inters course at Anston with a top score on the day

On 6/14/2018 at 9:39 AM, holly said:

J Briscoe has hung on to 3 team rifles as they cant be sold, been doing clays for over a decade and good at it.

Only Regional wins for me MFTA Masters 2009, numerous W/L and 2008 GP A Series.

On 6/16/2018 at 6:38 PM, Jon said:

Confirm James did win a World title in 2009 South Africa using an old Anchutz 2002 in a Gray Cane stock i had to sort out prior. He won it running 740 ft/sec 8.4

Think it was Poland 2004 Dan won the Worlds again with a 2002.

No other World titles have been won using Anchutz, hft is just a name like our European Champs an open.

Think it was a lot less than that at the end Jon. Kept blowing breech seals on the last two days when the temp was up, in the end he ran out. Said it was dropping over a kill low. For the shoot off he got a bucket of ice and poured it over the gun to try and get it cool so the breech seal would stay on.

Dan paid for his shutz . his dad now shoots it .and is still moaning about having to pay for it ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

Dan paid for his shutz . his dad now shoots it .and is still moaning about having to pay for it ??? HOLLY

I always remember Dan handing Gordon his 2002 and telling him to zero it for him.

Luckily he's now learned how to do this himself and his scores have improved slightly because of it...:rolleyes:

He paid for the 2nd one although a sell off.

I am pretty sure i had my 2002 before Dan ??? HOLLY

First ones i saw were the Welham in 1998 and suffered velocity and zero shift. Had the ugly steel cylinders.

99 there was a team hence 3 guns above mentioned.

Yes mine is a steel cylinder . very early one . it had problems with the original owner . he had a go at dave and dave told him to FO . he took it to nick jenkinson  . who partially sorted it . it was not till i took to dave for a complete overhaul , years later . that it was done properly ??? HOLLY

I think I had my first 2002 late nineties and that had to go to Dave for proper conversion as it had been bodged. Took him three months and four hours waiting outside his shack on the day but it was done eventually.

Not too late to get a real mans Rifle ??? HOLLY