Sign in to follow this  
holly

Bisley GP approaches . Scores on the doors ?

That was without doubt the hardest shoot i have ever done . the heat was wicked . glad i did those course shoots at the club . ??? HOLLY

Gutted I missed it. Always love shooting at Bisley 

Dave was there stan . got a very nice stock for his steyr . excellent value too ??? HOLLY

Pretty warm... hope everyone enjoyed their visit. Fairly certain an adder scattered from the side of the 2nd bridge as I walked back onto the range late in the evening...

9 hours ago, holly said:

Dave was there stan . got a very nice stock for his steyr . excellent value too ??? HOLLY

9 hours ago, holly said:

Who did he get that from?

Dunno . somebody he met there ? paul wilson stock . wan'ts some TLC . but it will come up nicely . bargain ??? HOLLY

Top was Andras with 49

Jack & Simon Evans and Dan shared 2nd on 47 which I think keeps Dan in the top slot going for the series going into the next GP. 

Neil Hague was on 46 so he drops back a bit.

A was won by Ian Stoddart on 44.

Not sure on B.

Mel put in a 42 in C which is stunning.

And I thought the course was too long the day before 😄

Think it's a case of FT going through another revolution, if you stand still you'll get crushed in the stampede by the chasing pack. 

It was a great day, topped off by shooting with Holly, the man, the legend.... the world needs a few more Holly’s, fact  🙂

Great day, great course, nice to see the odd anti-aircraft stander to confuse people.

Didn't see any adders but Holly was there so that made up for that...:rolleyes:

Shot with the Doc who scraped a 42, not bad for a C grader. I complimented him on his shooting as he was the first genuine C Grade Bandit I'd met, but as he's bestie mates with Si who stuck him in C he's forgiven.

Overall I was glad to hang on by my fingernails for a 40 considering I flinched like a donkey on the first target and double-dinked the fence lane which is rapidly becoming my nemesis at Bisley...:grin:

2 hours ago, robF said:

Top was Andras with 49

Jack & Simon Evans and Dan shared 2nd on 47 which I think keeps Dan in the top slot going for the series going into the next GP. 

Neil Hague was on 46 so he drops back a bit.

A was won by Ian Stoddart on 44.

Not sure on B.

Mel put in a 42 in C which is stunning.

And I thought the course was too long the day before 😄

Think it's a case of FT going through another revolution, if you stand still you'll get crushed in the stampede by the chasing pack. 

Will someone please get the pack off me . ta ??? HOLLY

53 minutes ago, Eaton Rifles said:

Great day, great course, nice to see the odd anti-aircraft stander to confuse people.

Didn't see any adders but Holly was there so that made up for that...:rolleyes:

Shot with the Doc who scraped a 42, not bad for a C grader. I complimented him on his shooting as he was the first genuine C Grade Bandit I'd met, but as he's bestie mates with Si who stuck him in C he's forgiven.

Overall I was glad to hang on by my fingernails for a 40 considering I flinched like a donkey on the first target and double-dinked the fence lane which is rapidly becoming my nemesis at Bisley...:grin:

I got to the fence lane and made it 50 yards ? i know it is nearer 52 ? knew i was coming in short ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, GaryB said:

It was a great day, topped off by shooting with Holly, the man, the legend.... the world needs a few more Holly’s, fact  🙂

Good Bloke Garry , he put up with me all afternoon . on his way to SEFTA and A grade . go for it ??? HOLLY

24 minutes ago, holly said:

I got to the fence lane and made it 50 yards ? i know it is nearer 52 ? knew i was coming in short ??? HOLLY

I didn't even see the miss, wind was coming from the right so gave it just outside right edge and I joined the mass of misses both sides of the kill.

The earlier mini threw me out to the left and split at 10 o clock.  

Highlight of the day, john lloyd threatening to kick me in the balls if he missed his lane. Reckon he'dve missed those as well😁

The highlights didn't stop coming. Dropping both on Lane 1 to after my AA team partners dinked the longer one right in front of Clare.... then doing the same to the long tall tree lane...

then beating DC by one...

That surpassed by beating Lucas and Woodhead in a shootoff for 3rd... slightly marred by then finding out there was an error and Yeori was actually 3rd and we'd gone through 3 rounds of standers out to 42 yards not nothing but bragging rights on the internet...

It all managed to compensate for the 35 yard 40mm sitter that i got over emotional on for my last target with an also ran score and pull 30mm across the target for a dink... sort of... but then I would have done DC by two...

Hope everyone had a good day... :)

Twas a good day , long , hard , hot But Good ??? HOLLY

3 hours ago, dc1 said:

Highlight of the day, john lloyd threatening to kick me in the balls if he missed his lane. Reckon he'dve missed those as well😁

I take it he cleaned up on all the misses then?  :rofl2:

2 hours ago, robF said:

The highlights didn't stop coming. Dropping both on Lane 1 to after my AA team partners dinked the longer one right in front of Clare.... then doing the same to the long tall tree lane...

then beating DC by one...

That surpassed by beating Lucas and Woodhead in a shootoff for 3rd... slightly marred by then finding out there was an error and Yeori was actually 3rd and we'd gone through 3 rounds of standers out to 42 yards not nothing but bragging rights on the internet...

It all managed to compensate for the 35 yard 40mm sitter that i got over emotional on for my last target with an also ran score and pull 30mm across the target for a dink... sort of... but then I would have done DC by two...

Hope everyone had a good day... :)

It was a great day Rob, organisation, course and of course the company.

The only slight issue was some git leaving the heating on overnight and a couple of SAS trained mossies somehow finding their way through the clouds of repellent to take chunks out of my legs...:rolleyes:

T'northern lads making donkey noises to Stu's misses on the long tree lane was hilarious, all received in good humour as doubtless he'd given them some stick in the past...:rolleyes:

I know i keep saying this BUT . in future if in doubt i am gonna aim straight at the kill . end of ??? HOLLY

41 minutes ago, holly said:

I know i keep saying this BUT . in future if in doubt i am gonna aim straight at the kill . end of ??? HOLLY

:rofl2:

till Next time ? i wish i had a quid for every time i have said that . ??? HOLLY

12 hours ago, holly said:

till Next time ? i wish i had a quid for every time i have said that . ??? HOLLY

Very true you could have bought your kids houses outright.

Pretty much all my sitting misses were giving wind just outside the kill or inside edge only to have the shot either go straight or go the opposite way. 50% standers, got all kneelers and finished on those godawful two 53yd tree shots though I managed to nail them both. 

On 7/2/2018 at 1:00 PM, dc1 said:

Now that is funny 😂 

The way dave was walking , i thought he had ??? HOLLY

11 hours ago, holly said:

The way dave was walking , i thought he had ??? HOLLY

That’s just the Saturday curry threatening to make a thundering encore...😉