Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Rifles

Anschutz quality.

Recommended Posts

I recently had to strip my rifle down just in case I needed the internals for testing in another rifle.

Put everything back together and did a few test shots in the garden, bang on 795/794/795fps and three shots through the same hole at 30yds. I think Bisley beckons...:grin: 

...and the point being that there aren't many rifles you can do that with, just shows you that Anschutz are quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colin does not mention , the hole was two feet wide /?? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so you stripped yours coz another mightve needed bits to try? Did quality control miss the broken one then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eaton Rifles said:

I recently had to strip my rifle down just in case I needed the internals for testing in another rifle.

Put everything back together and did a few test shots in the garden, bang on 795/794/795fps and three shots through the same hole at 30yds. I think Bisley beckons...:grin: 

...and the point being that there aren't many rifles you can do that with, just shows you that Anschutz are quality.

Col seriously my 9015 shoots at 776 +/- 3fps over 50 shots 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well my steyr goes up and down like a fiddlers elbow ? actually it does not . i found out what i should have remembered . if you don't hold the rifle barrel level over the chrono . you end up with different readings . gotta find some way of levelling it ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, holly said:

well my steyr goes up and down like a fiddlers elbow ? actually it does not . i found out what i should have remembered . if you don't hold the rifle barrel level over the chrono . you end up with different readings . gotta find some way of levelling it ??? HOLLY

 

You need a couple of v blocks made out of wood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dc1 said:

so you stripped yours coz another mightve needed bits to try? Did quality control miss the broken one then?

 

Just trying to diagnose something DC...👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Darron said:

Col seriously my 9015 shoots at 776 +/- 3fps over 50 shots 

Just got my Jon H. Masterpiece and made the mistake of shooting a string over the chrono.

 

I hate shooting over chrono's, I regularly read figures from people of a few ft/s spread and I have never had a rifle anywhere near that good, makes you feel inferior 😁.

 

My current best ever Steyr has a spread around 12ft/s which is the best I have ever achieved.

 

Had lots of rifles, and several chrono's.

 

So it doesn't get in my head I occasionally put a couple over the chrono to ensure its somewhere near and legal, but shooting strings can be really demoralising, costly and use up my stock of preferred pellets.

 

Have to say I have had rifles with 20ft/s spread that were very accurate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well that is what i though with my steyr . even though the reg was serviced and sent back with a clean bill of heath . but as i said earlier , a hell of a lot of getting good consistent strings . is to have the rifle in some sort of jig . so as when you fire , it is to the same place through the chrono each time . ??? HOLLY 

 

PS 10 FPS is easily good enough for accuracy .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yes in a proper set up, stand with butt clamp and built box for chrono (inside is parabolic sheet of 5mm steel, pellets slide down it rather than shattering)...yes it is a polish chrono, R2, when I got it the readings were the same as the outgoing one (Caldwell) the difference is the R2 never misses a shot, and have been chronoed at a shoot and again same as the R2.

 

Chrono set up

 

I think some obsess on chrono readings, although probably more important for FT than HFT shooters...that last 10 yards is where its at.

 

Theory says for my set up a 20ft/s spread only produces a 4.3mm difference in POI at 45 yards.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

time to look at the rifle then sir . accuracy or not . i would not be happy with that ??? HOLLY

 

PS my old LG 100 does better than that hand held ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put my old Pro Target over the chrono last Sunday. 777 three times on the spin. That’ll do,just needs a decent shooter lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 shots....more a cotton than a string 😁

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes But stan puts air in his rifles cylinder with his mouth ? too tight to buy a bottle ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2018 at 6:46 PM, lol moore said:

3 shots....more a cotton than a string 😁

 

 

Same as you lol. I just put 3 over to see if it is legal and those 3 just happened to be all the same and the magic number too. Dopper had a Steyr that was doing around 20 fps spread and he said it was more accurate down range than one that was in single figures 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah stan but that was probably the barrel or harmonics . rather than the reg . the way i see the chrono is purely legality .more than consistency . bit like you going to the doctor for a health check ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2018 at 7:13 PM, holly said:

Yes But stan puts air in his rifles cylinder with his mouth ? too tight to buy a bottle ??? HOLLY

😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When i was in SEFTA , either Stan or Dave at a winter league would come up and say . Oh err me bottle is out of test  / left at home / forgot to fill it and so on . can i / we have a drop of air . ??? HOLLY 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking of quality this Anschutz 9015 HP I have been using just never misses a beat just keeps performing - shame I cant say same about myself.

 

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It runs at 119 bar on my old guage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matt said:

Talking of quality this Anschutz 9015 HP I have been using just never misses a beat just keeps performing - shame I cant say same about myself.

 

Matt

Don't beat your self up Matt . the weather was against us , shall we say more muscular men ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matt said:

Talking of quality this Anschutz 9015 HP I have been using just never misses a beat just keeps performing - shame I cant say same about myself.

 

Matt

 

What did you go over the chrono at Matt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Holly,

 

I ain't beating myself up it is what it is but I'm just doing silly mistakes which is through lack of practice.  Am actually pleased the body made it round the course in one piece lol and my goal for the season was to get one score in the forties and I've achieved it.

 

Went through chronograph at 787 I think?  Rifle is set for around 780 on my chrono.

 

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did the Nat's do ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

41.. shot poorly on disciplines.   I'll take it though after long flight back and being lagged!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scores are up on thebfta.net :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NatS said:

41.. shot poorly on disciplines.   I'll take it though after long flight back and being lagged!

 

 

Had to look twice at that last word ? i thought surely not . ??? HOLLY 

 

PS not bad Nat's . i got all my positionals .:Spike

 

PSS might have been carrying all that duty free booze around with you in the wheelie bin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, holly said:

PS not bad Nat's . i got all my positionals .:Spike

 

I would hope so too....:rofl2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just natural talent colin ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2018 at 2:00 PM, holly said:

When i was in SEFTA , either Stan or Dave at a winter league would come up and say . Oh err me bottle is out of test  / left at home / forgot to fill it and so on . can i / we have a drop of air . ??? HOLLY 

I ain’t owned a bottle since the GC2 days lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×