Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Rifles

Anschutz quality.

I recently had to strip my rifle down just in case I needed the internals for testing in another rifle.

Put everything back together and did a few test shots in the garden, bang on 795/794/795fps and three shots through the same hole at 30yds. I think Bisley beckons...:grin: 

...and the point being that there aren't many rifles you can do that with, just shows you that Anschutz are quality.

Colin does not mention , the hole was two feet wide /?? HOLLY

so you stripped yours coz another mightve needed bits to try? Did quality control miss the broken one then?

5 hours ago, Eaton Rifles said:

I recently had to strip my rifle down just in case I needed the internals for testing in another rifle.

Put everything back together and did a few test shots in the garden, bang on 795/794/795fps and three shots through the same hole at 30yds. I think Bisley beckons...:grin: 

...and the point being that there aren't many rifles you can do that with, just shows you that Anschutz are quality.

Col seriously my 9015 shoots at 776 +/- 3fps over 50 shots 

well my steyr goes up and down like a fiddlers elbow ? actually it does not . i found out what i should have remembered . if you don't hold the rifle barrel level over the chrono . you end up with different readings . gotta find some way of levelling it ??? HOLLY

10 hours ago, holly said:

well my steyr goes up and down like a fiddlers elbow ? actually it does not . i found out what i should have remembered . if you don't hold the rifle barrel level over the chrono . you end up with different readings . gotta find some way of levelling it ??? HOLLY

You need a couple of v blocks made out of wood.

13 hours ago, dc1 said:

so you stripped yours coz another mightve needed bits to try? Did quality control miss the broken one then?

Just trying to diagnose something DC...👍

12 hours ago, Darron said:

Col seriously my 9015 shoots at 776 +/- 3fps over 50 shots 

Just got my Jon H. Masterpiece and made the mistake of shooting a string over the chrono.

I hate shooting over chrono's, I regularly read figures from people of a few ft/s spread and I have never had a rifle anywhere near that good, makes you feel inferior 😁.

My current best ever Steyr has a spread around 12ft/s which is the best I have ever achieved.

Had lots of rifles, and several chrono's.

So it doesn't get in my head I occasionally put a couple over the chrono to ensure its somewhere near and legal, but shooting strings can be really demoralising, costly and use up my stock of preferred pellets.

Have to say I have had rifles with 20ft/s spread that were very accurate?

well that is what i though with my steyr . even though the reg was serviced and sent back with a clean bill of heath . but as i said earlier , a hell of a lot of getting good consistent strings . is to have the rifle in some sort of jig . so as when you fire , it is to the same place through the chrono each time . ??? HOLLY 

PS 10 FPS is easily good enough for accuracy .

Oh yes in a proper set up, stand with butt clamp and built box for chrono (inside is parabolic sheet of 5mm steel, pellets slide down it rather than shattering)...yes it is a polish chrono, R2, when I got it the readings were the same as the outgoing one (Caldwell) the difference is the R2 never misses a shot, and have been chronoed at a shoot and again same as the R2.

Chrono set up

I think some obsess on chrono readings, although probably more important for FT than HFT shooters...that last 10 yards is where its at.

Theory says for my set up a 20ft/s spread only produces a 4.3mm difference in POI at 45 yards.

time to look at the rifle then sir . accuracy or not . i would not be happy with that ??? HOLLY

PS my old LG 100 does better than that hand held ?

Put my old Pro Target over the chrono last Sunday. 777 three times on the spin. That’ll do,just needs a decent shooter lol 

3 shots....more a cotton than a string 😁

Yes But stan puts air in his rifles cylinder with his mouth ? too tight to buy a bottle ??? HOLLY

On 6/30/2018 at 6:46 PM, lol moore said:

3 shots....more a cotton than a string 😁

Same as you lol. I just put 3 over to see if it is legal and those 3 just happened to be all the same and the magic number too. Dopper had a Steyr that was doing around 20 fps spread and he said it was more accurate down range than one that was in single figures 

Yeah stan but that was probably the barrel or harmonics . rather than the reg . the way i see the chrono is purely legality .more than consistency . bit like you going to the doctor for a health check ??? HOLLY

On 6/30/2018 at 7:13 PM, holly said:

Yes But stan puts air in his rifles cylinder with his mouth ? too tight to buy a bottle ??? HOLLY

😂😂

When i was in SEFTA , either Stan or Dave at a winter league would come up and say . Oh err me bottle is out of test  / left at home / forgot to fill it and so on . can i / we have a drop of air . ??? HOLLY 

Talking of quality this Anschutz 9015 HP I have been using just never misses a beat just keeps performing - shame I cant say same about myself.

Matt

It runs at 119 bar on my old guage.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Talking of quality this Anschutz 9015 HP I have been using just never misses a beat just keeps performing - shame I cant say same about myself.

Matt

Don't beat your self up Matt . the weather was against us , shall we say more muscular men ??? HOLLY

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Matt

What did you go over the chrono at Matt?

Hi Holly,

I ain't beating myself up it is what it is but I'm just doing silly mistakes which is through lack of practice.  Am actually pleased the body made it round the course in one piece lol and my goal for the season was to get one score in the forties and I've achieved it.

Went through chronograph at 787 I think?  Rifle is set for around 780 on my chrono.

Matt

How did the Nat's do ??? HOLLY

41.. shot poorly on disciplines.   I'll take it though after long flight back and being lagged!

• Like 1

Scores are up on thebfta.net :)

1 hour ago, NatS said:

41.. shot poorly on disciplines.   I'll take it though after long flight back and being lagged!

Had to look twice at that last word ? i thought surely not . ??? HOLLY 

PS not bad Nat's . i got all my positionals .:Spike

PSS might have been carrying all that duty free booze around with you in the wheelie bin 

27 minutes ago, holly said:

PS not bad Nat's . i got all my positionals .:Spike

I would hope so too....:rofl2:

Just natural talent colin ??? HOLLY

On 7/2/2018 at 2:00 PM, holly said:

When i was in SEFTA , either Stan or Dave at a winter league would come up and say . Oh err me bottle is out of test  / left at home / forgot to fill it and so on . can i / we have a drop of air . ??? HOLLY 

I ain’t owned a bottle since the GC2 days lol