Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Rifles

So, East Devon....

36 minutes ago, DTM said:

anyone got a postcode for east devon ftc club as it seems their website is down

If it's a help it's right here:

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 15.15.41.png

Actually I've just noticed something.

East Devon FTC is actually not in East Devon.

Look at the map below, the red tint is East Devon, the orange arrow the Club ground which is clearly outside of the district.

Does this mean that any bad result from Sunday's shoot be null and void...:grin:

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 15.18.34.png

Just look for the scrap yard ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

Just look for the scrap yard ??? HOLLY

No, that’s outside your gun room on the Rock...👍

Good luck to those of you going tomorrow!

Luck was not needed Nat's . just the ability to with stand the heat in the open part ??? HOLLY

4 hours ago, holly said:

Luck was not needed Nat's . just the ability to with stand the heat in the open part ??? HOLLY

Ah yes I only saw you in the relative chill of the shady woods, how did you fare out in the Furnace with all that lovely heat haze and switching wind?   :grin:

Not too bad considering how i was sitting . the heat did not get to me . mainly this time cos i had enough water and a bit fitter ??? HOLLY

7 hours ago, holly said:

Not too bad considering how i was sitting . the heat did not get to me . mainly this time cos i had enough water and a bit fitter ??? HOLLY

That silly little bottle you had wasn't enough, you need to get a decent twin wall jobbie that insulates a bit. Fill it up and stick it in the freezer overnight so it's a solid block of ice. By the time you get to the shoot it's partially defrosted giving you super-cold liquid all day.

I had two 1L bottles at East Devon and left one in the car. When we finished shooting it was still full of ice.

No, don't thank me...:rolleyes:

I was quite happy with my litre bottle . plus the club sec was following me around feeding me extras . he said he did not want to pick up any dead bodies after the shoot . two sips every two lanes does the trick ??? HOLLY

12 hours ago, holly said:

I was quite happy with my litre bottle . plus the club sec was following me around feeding me extras . he said he did not want to pick up any dead bodies after the shoot . two sips every two lanes does the trick ??? HOLLY

Two sips?

I was drinking constantly and got through three litres over the 50 targets....:grin:

You must train your body . it must be a machine . finely honed errr like Mine ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

You must train your body . it must be a machine . finely honed errr like Mine ??? HOLLY

You were a great 'roll' model as you're getting easier to roll every day....:grin:

I have the body of a greek god ??? HOLLY

13 minutes ago, holly said:

I have the body of a greek god ??? HOLLY

More like a camel,if you only had a couple of sips between lanes 

Training from the army . when you drink . drink big and top up from time to time /?? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

Training from the army . when you drink . drink big and top up from time to time /?? HOLLY

Interesting that at Sandhurst they tend to get roused at 4am and the first thing they have to do is neck a pint of water. Apparently it gets them ready for the rigours of the day quicker....:grin: