Sign in to follow this  
holly

Far Coly ?

last GP almost apon us . Far Coly is all about wind . who will do it . Jack ? Dan ? Neil .? who can soak up the pressure . my money is on Dan the Man ??? HOLLY

PS Sorry Nat's . had to count you out . 

All about wind?? You got that covered holly!! As for Dan ,didnt you reckon niel a few hundred posts back

Yes but i changed my mind due to it coming to me in a dream . mind you in the dream , i was doing quite well with this big blond girl ? so it could possibly be the dream was rubbish . sorry Dan ??? HOLLY:poster_oops:

So who is going apart from Dave ??? HOLLY

Not going for various reasons.

Mainly cos you don't have a rifle jon ??? HOLLY

I don't have a rifle, so borrowing one off Paul Yates.

Picking my jh 9015 up at far coley.

Looking forward to the shoot as not shot since anston.

Matt

Not in the running for anything, apart from being Hollys collect and deliver driver this weekend.

Never been there, a bit like Anston,  i am just going to enjoy the shoot. If my name, unlikely, comes out the raffle then all the better.

Let the rain stay away until I have shot.

You know it makes me laugh when the northern lads say " eee your courses are always the same "  well i have been to Far Coly quite a lot . it is ALWAYS the same course . why . cos it is a strip wood like springfield . none the worse for it mind . i like shooting there . the bits to watch are the pond . the last bomb hole , standers usually , down hill . and beyond that the open field . enjoy it Andy ??? HOLLY

I do have a rifle Number 2 made in 1993, last used in the 2005 Worlds.

Could get others up and running as well but no where to shoot locally, just cant turn up at a winter league or national event would take me 12 months to get back in to it again.

Rest assured current crop dont like the field never have, gone are the days previous made good use of the field.
Not withstanding the GP should have been offered to two other clubs first!

I thought Far Coley was on the verge of closing ? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

I thought Far Coley was on the verge of closing ? HOLLY

That’s what they told you the last time you mentioned about going there 😂

Believe Jack finished on a 2 and Dan on a 9.  I shot like a muppet again.   Despite that i really enjoyed the course layout and would go again.   Proving it doesn't have to be a test of agility to make it tricky!

heavy pellets in far coley Wind ? don't beat your self up Nat's . the problem is not with you . it is with the fact that you have not shot a lot outside SEFTA . it takes time to come to grips with it . there is a saying . that some don't shoot well out side the M25 . that is not you if you continue to shoot GPs . it will come . ask helen . gotta be in it to win it . ??? HOLLY

Every FT club in the country is outside of the M25. 

Posted (edited)

Well nearly home and I enjoyed the course but not my shooting.

Got every long standers missed all the close ones. 25% on the kneelers.

Double dinked 6 lanes including a positional. Rest were wind edge goes other side or split not going down. Some needed 2 kills whilst the next needed 1/2 kill other way.

Also managed to shoot a wrong target. Each lane had 2 of the same type. Range found on a crow, shot the rabbit on the previous lane which I missed first time.

Would go again. Bomb hole half filled in and only missed the short stander, the last target, of the 3 lanes there.

Edited by AndyIoW

It can get windy at Far Coley but not today.
Local club probably shot that course or parts of it 200+ times over the years.

I had a very bad start, with Paul's zenith 9015, missed I think six in first ten?  Every lane we'd come off the other two would say they gave straight or edge of kill and I was like it shifted loads.

Adjusted the windage and started to hit a few but it was way too late as every so often I'd have a shot go straight on me.  Missed two faceplates with shots going under crosshairs.

Anyway finished 13 down so an awful result but I managed to pick my jh9015 up off Jon and also try my factory 9015 in its new woodwork, so at least some possitives.

Matt

3 hours ago, holly said:

heavy pellets in far coley Wind ? don't beat your self up Nat's . the problem is not with you . it is with the fact that you have not shot a lot outside SEFTA . it takes time to come to grips with it . there is a saying . that some don't shoot well out side the M25 . that is not you if you continue to shoot GPs . it will come . ask helen . gotta be in it to win it . ??? HOLLY

That's why I'm doing it now holly..  learning comps, more experience.  Sucking up the rough.  Taking some positives if I can.

Did 4 GPs.  2 I was happy with, 1 meh and 1 -covered in gore- awful.  

Used 8.4s not sure if I should try some heavies.  Used to shoot bisley mags many many moons ago...

The heavies are a good pellet but they leave no room for error when it comes to range finding. Also watch the power,my gun gained a full ft1b putting it over the limit. 

Steve what i was saying is the shooters withing the M25 , quite often don't travel outside to shoot . so when they do . the shooting can come harder . a lack of country wide shoots . tells against em . withing their region they will be a contender . outside , an all so ran . the more you do , the better you get . ??? HOLLY

PS keep at it nat's . you will get there  .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, springboy said:

The heavies are a good pellet but they leave no room for error when it comes to range finding. Also watch the power,my gun gained a full ft1b putting it over the limit. 

I guess that could be compensated for by high mounting the scope to flatten the trajectory at longer ranges?

• Like 1

Will Dan the man stay with em ? HOLLY

Must be on about me as I live in the M25 but I just never shot. 

you went outside the M25 with John ??? HOLLY

Going back to when FT was worth shooting assuming you were towards the top in your region it would take at least 14 GP's to get in to the rhythm.
Certainly the middle section was sheltered am, what was coming through was behind you, one edge or the other and what its become pot luck.

PM would have had it harder usually the case, by 2.30pm the wind was changing direction diagonally on car park to almost right angles by 5pm, that would have moved the pellets and proper skill needed.

It is what it is Jon . who will knock jack off his throne next year ? will it be a young gun or an old gun . there is always some one better out there ??? HOLLY

On 8/20/2018 at 10:31 AM, holly said:

Will Dan the man stay with em ? HOLLY

Not based on day 1 worlds result.

On 8/19/2018 at 7:13 PM, NatS said:

That's why I'm doing it now holly..  learning comps, more experience.  Sucking up the rough.  Taking some positives if I can.

Did 4 GPs.  2 I was happy with, 1 meh and 1 -covered in gore- awful.  

Used 8.4s not sure if I should try some heavies.  Used to shoot bisley mags many many moons ago...

Stick with 8.4 and keep gaining the experience and you will do fine that’s my ten pence worth Nat

The best shot i ever saw with the old 10.06 grain heavies was nick jenkinson  . what does he shoot now ? 8,4s . ohh and so do i . although that might not matter as much . ??? HOLLY