Darron

I Fear A Rule Change is Imminent!!

Yes a vertical slot would sort the resistance ??? HOLLY

10 minutes ago, holly said:

Yes a vertical slot would sort the resistance ??? HOLLY

Yep, the arm needs to be able to articulate onto the rear upright strut, apart from that it's a great concept....:thumb:

why not go to this style. ( excuse the poor mspaint editing) same mechanism as before. No splits, it either goes down or it doesnt. No argument no whistle :)

tgt1.jpg

i dont see what the problem is with 99% of the targets in use today as they are. The problem is the cheats and ive already suggested how they can be stopped. Leave the targets alone.

Why should every club have to change targets just for a few cheats who will still try to cheat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RN10 said:

Why should every club have to change targets just for a few cheats who will still try to cheat. 

Exactly my thoughts

Yes DTM a pure FT/HFT target . dead simple and cheap to make . i like it ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

Yes DTM a pure FT/HFT target . dead simple and cheap to make . i like it ??? HOLLY

Not much cop for HFT, us mere mortals need a plate to collect all those ones 😀

For me this is not about getting everyone to change targets just to come up with a better target, just because the current one has been used for a long time doesn't mean they are as good as they can be.

I have actually improved the concept, the paddle is in front for the reasons said but the paddle is on a very short stem and can be changed in seconds, so one set of targets to which you can fit any size (or shape) of paddle.

Will post pics when I can.

I like both ideas ??? HOLLY

What a crock ok doodah!!! 

A SPLIT IS NOT A HIT,ITS A MISS,

IF IT GOES YOU'VE HAD A BONUS

Frankly im shocked that well.experienced shooters are "backing" this call to change targets. There is nothing wrong with decent quality targets now. The problem is largely people cant/wont/refuse to believe that they have sent a teeny little bit of lead downrange,in a stiff breeze and missed!!! 

All this discussion based on one shoot (2018 worlds) ,just how many of you guys were there? Quality targets I memtioned before,not the use of homemade,gamo targets and baler twine as reset cords. Despite being advised against it by experienced shooters , organisers still insisted on stick said -rubbish- targets up a cliff face.

Im assured that tje problems with all the calls was more of a tactical issue. Once it was realised the targets were the aforementioned ones, they just called and called, knowing they were likely to get a few awarded. This is not a problem that changing thousands of targets will stop.

• Like 1

Why not ? they got everybody to get a kneeling roll . when there was nothing wrong with using your bean bag . except what someone thought was cheating . well this is cheating in it's way . oh i see so this is different cos it could cost not the shooters the money . but the clubs . well of course that is different ??? HOLLY :Spike

Also with this type of target ( just the killzone type) You dont get an advantage by learning from other peoples misjudgment of wind. No pellet marks all off to the left or right etc.

2 hours ago, dc1 said:

What a crock ok doodah!!! 

A SPLIT IS NOT A HIT, IT'S A (NEAR) MISS,

IF IT GOES YOU'VE HAD A (BRUCIE) BONUS 

😎

Jeez!!to think there are people out there that think FT will become an Olympic sport. 20 years Ive been shooting knokovers along with Holly Collin Kieth and all the others. 

Suddenly "Oh no!! These are no good ,we must change the targets cos some people cant get it in the round bit"

Beggars belief

26 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Jeez!!to think there are people out there that think FT will become an Olympic sport. 20 years Ive been shooting knokovers along with Holly Collin Kieth and all the others. 

Suddenly "Oh no!! These are no good ,we must change the targets cos some people cant get it in the round bit"

Beggars belief

Damn right DC, the cheek of it!

Are the veins bulging on your neck yet?  🤣

6 hours ago, DTM said:

Also with this type of target ( just the killzone type) You dont get an advantage by learning from other peoples misjudgment of wind. No pellet marks all off to the left or right etc.

Even better for those who have good follow through and can see the pellets in the air . better and better ??? HOLLY

There is not a club in SEFTA who's targets I do not trust 100% and as the name bloke found at a comp you do not get away saying he had it them as could he  not have missed them . 20 plus years WL. I have only called maybe 2 targets first one when I was new to comps made me feel like an idiot as it was a split and 2 nd had frozen solid and first shot on that lane with full pellet on kill. 

The only thing that surprises me Keith is that you actually remember what a target looks like ??? HOLLY:Spike

Have you and Darron got something going on Colin ??? HOLLY

18 hours ago, holly said:

Have you and Darron got something going on Colin ??? HOLLY

He don't say a lot but when he does it's worth listening to, unlike some....:grin:

I say a lot and it is all worth listening too . my dog loves listening to me . specially when i say , biscuit or walk ??? HOLLY