DTM

New Scope

S&B FTII or Khales Comp, any opinions?

Is that S&B FTII, Kahles or Leup Comp. by any chance?

If it's S&B or Khales, then it's a no brainer for the Kahles in my very humble opinion.

5 hours ago, DTM said:

S&B FTII or Khales Comp, any opinions?

Yes find your self a Really good 20+50 lupe . and send the change from the S&B to me ??? HOLLY

PS err if i have to be serious . then it would be the MK11 S&B .

The Schmidt ft2 I had was ok, it worked, however I found it a very slow scope to use.  I lent it to Neil Hague he hates it.

Schmidt since rebuilt the scope, but the one at the British shooting show that Sean had was very poor optically.

Kahles, speak to those who own them - if your on Facebook I can add you to the user group ask them what they think of it.

Matt

Scopes are a personal thing. I'd have a look at them all if I was shopping, including the March's.

I'm fortunate in that I've got access to pretty much all the superscopes, apart from the Kahles, which I haven't looked through since prototype.

The delta is worth a peek as well. 

Some of the scopes vary in weight considerably so this is something to consider. It can make a difference.

Get along to the Euros and look through all of em ??? HOLLY

If I was looking for a new scope I would have a close look at the Delta.

Uncle Neil said good . but better things out there ??? HOLLY

PS really if you are gonna spend top dosh . then it has to be a March ? 

thanks for the input. The suggestion of visiting weston park is a good one so I think I will pop along to take a look through a couple of scopes.

I have had all the above mentioned scopes. except the S&B FT and the Khales. Best for scope Ive had was a S&B PMII  suited my eyes but I couldnt cope with the temp shifting so it had to go. Delta for me is overated for its price point. March was very good but the pmII outshone it for my eyes, hence the interest in the FT2.

The FT2 was supposed to have been reworked to sort temp. shifting after the dire original scope. 

I had a PMII 9n a centre fire rifle which had to be rezeroed every single time I took it out. Lovely optics but it had to go. God knows how Neil Hague perservere’s with his.

Top end March is where you want to be but don’t think they don’t shift as they all do, but it’s only 2yds below 6 degrees predictable and manageable.

Another one worth a look mid-range is the Vortex Eagle...👍

I tried a Vortex and it only really ranged on 60 mag . one thing to remember is that the 60 mag march is lighter than all the rest of the super scopes . one thing to know is they like the lupes , have their differences . mainly in brightness . i use mine on 30 mag . then down to 20 mag to shoot on . then again , i am an old -poot- . most my 60 mag ever moves is 2 yards . then stays there ??? HOLLY

Just picked up a Delta myself been up Castle today to start setting up. First impressions decent glass not quite as good as my March but it range finds good. Scope is heavy, Ret is a bit thin but it has a illuminated ret. For the money I think you get a lot of scope. Very well made nice positive clicks on turret, zoom leaver, 34mm tube. 

7 hours ago, Wrecker said:

Just picked up a Delta myself been up Castle today to start setting up. First impressions decent glass not quite as good as my March but it range finds good. Scope is heavy, Ret is a bit thin but it has a illuminated ret. For the money I think you get a lot of scope. Very well made nice positive clicks on turret, zoom leaver, 34mm tube. 

Sounds promising.

it will be interesting to see how it behaves in the cold...👍

So the question begs wrecker .? why another scope when some ( darron ) would say . you already have it ??? HOLLY

God knows Holly :doh:

My March is mega and had some great results while using it. Been looking at these Deltas for a few months now. I nearly bought one a while ago to put on my Steyr but funds didnt allow.  I've only been hearing good reports from people that are using them. 

Set it up yesterday on my 9015 (March is having a rest) shot castle today mised 3 one kneeler one for wind and mis ranged 1 target. Still early days with the scope but looks promising. 

Interesting wrecker . every scope has it good and bad points . i think in all FT shooters is the feeling that just around the corner is something better . plus it is just good fun to change things around  . maybe , perhaps if i do this , that will happen . the aim is of course to win . but since only one shooter can win . if the rest are not enjoying what there doing . well FT would have died years ago . had my 60 mag march a good while now . maybe sell it next year and look around for a new super scope . one thing is for sure . the 20=50 goes nowhere . ??? HOLLY

Is James Osbourne using a Delta too? Seem to think there's a few on the circuit now.

Yes James Osborne Nick Murphy Bobby Banks Paul Mangham Dylan Varney a couple of other lads from castle. They all doing well with them. 

sometimes it is not about what you Need . but about what you want . good luck with it wrecker ??? HOLLY

well i cant seem to find many people who are using the FT2 to get a look through one. Will get a look through a Khales next week. May well revisit the March again. Looked through one and a delta as well this weekend. Delta defo not for me and my -rubbish- eyesight.

41 minutes ago, DTM said:

well i cant seem to find many people who are using the FT2 to get a look through one. Will get a look through a Khales next week. May well revisit the March again. Looked through one and a delta as well this weekend. Delta defo not for me and my -rubbish- eyesight.

Reticle too fine on the Delta or something else?

FT2's are mostly stuck on people's desks as rather useful paperweights...:grin:

Well that’s it then if Mangers has one what am I hanging around at lol

Now let me think . does not a fella named Andraios or such shoot one col ? he seems to do pretty well with it ??? HOLLY

Andras uses a S&B 

Andras uses the original S&B which moves like crazy but he is used to it and has pointers and markers on his wheel to cope with the slow shift as temp changes. I compared a sightron and new nikko side by side with the delta. With the nikko and sightron I could make out the strands on the strings at 55 yds to focus on. Not so the Delta, it was quite bright but lacking definition. Obviously my eyes dont get on with it.

Now that explains it! It will be perfect for Wrecker as he’s is very refined...........just not very bright 😂

DTM,

Where about are you based, can you get up to redfearns FTC?

If you can I can try to meet you, you can bolt a kahles onto your gun, set the wheel up and try it round a ft course.

Matt

I bought a bushnel elite 32 mag . murphy was saying they were great . it was a pile of pooh . as DTM said i could not define the string ends at 55 yards . try before buy . don't cry ??? HOLLY

11 hours ago, DTM said:

Andras uses the original S&B which moves like crazy but he is used to it and has pointers and markers on his wheel to cope with the slow shift as temp changes. I compared a sightron and new nikko side by side with the delta. With the nikko and sightron I could make out the strands on the strings at 55 yds to focus on. Not so the Delta, it was quite bright but lacking definition. Obviously my eyes dont get on with it.

It’s difficult to properly judge a scope by looking through someone else’s as ideally the eye-piece needs to be set to your eye and only your eye, not something most shooters would agree to on their competition rig...🤔

not a problem comparing as they are all mine. Well, except the delta which was returned to optics warehouse.