DTM

New Scope

15 minutes ago, Jon said:

Made a wheel up last week and a quick sprint 5 mins marking 11 to 55 yards x 5 yards this morning.

Scope highly praised by those that tried it, totally repeatable by everyone and easy to use.

One Scottish S&B admirer loved it, totally bewildered swore blind it was akin to a Delta.

For wot??

Wot dont exist its a prototype due out end of the year.
May have a name change, may be not thats up to two companies to sort out.

send it down to me Jon and i will let you know just how good it is . ??? HOLLY

On 9/15/2018 at 10:02 AM, holly said:

send it down to me Jon and i will let you know just how good it is . ??? HOLLY

Remember the Mary Rose...😳

The Rock has been the demise of many a promising prototype scope...👍

The Rock has been the demise of most things mechanical 

My technical skill is unmatched . now where is my matching set of engraved club hammers . doing some out work for Jon ??? HOLLY

PS a little birdy tells me that wardy is visiting Jon to have a look at possibly a new Rifle ? shutz ? FWB ? Steyr ? Hmmmm 

5 hours ago, holly said:

My technical skill is unmatched . now where is my matching set of engraved club hammers . doing some out work for Jon ??? HOLLY

PS a little birdy tells me that wardy is visiting Jon to have a look at possibly a new Rifle ? shutz ? FWB ? Steyr ? Hmmmm 

....Or possibly not, either your hearing has gone again or your little bird needs plucking....:grin:

Well best laid plans came to 0. Didnt get a look through any of the scopes I wanted to look at. Tried persevering with the March again because it is really nice glass. Spent all weekend with it and decided its not for me. Will lose a few quid on it but it was worth a trial. I may take Matt up on his kind offer and visit redferns but its quiet a trek from Wales, but should be worth a trip :)

Other option if your based in Wales, speak to Stephen duberley he has a kahles - will tell you about any issues he's been having (don't think he has had any).

Alternatively come take the trip to Yorkshire.

Let me know.

Matt

1 hour ago, DTM said:

Well best laid plans came to 0. Didnt get a look through any of the scopes I wanted to look at. Tried persevering with the March again because it is really nice glass. Spent all weekend with it and decided its not for me. Will lose a few quid on it but it was worth a trial. I may take Matt up on his kind offer and visit redferns but its quiet a trek from Wales, but should be worth a trip :)

Now that is interesting . your the first person to say out right that you cannot get on with a 80 mag . so the question is . WHY ??? HOLLY

Stephens is the slightly cheaper black.

Last few silver Kahles i have been impressed with since the prototypes, shouldnt be any difference and do what they say on the tin.

23 minutes ago, holly said:

Now that is interesting . your the first person to say out right that you cannot get on with a 80 mag . so the question is . WHY ??? HOLLY

Ok here’s my thoughts on my 80X . It’s undeniably heavy as is just about anything that is quality built. It doesn’t move in the UK summer / winter but it does move when you take it into extreme ambient heat like Italy Euros and Poland Worlds and then it moves by 5 yards but it moves and it stays there. Wrecker has brought the Delta for this reason but the glass isn’t as good as the March and it ranges only as good at best, But we have to remember that Wrecker is an eccentric millionaire so don’t take to much notice. As for the Khales the ones I have looked through have had gaps that are to large and are “vague” at best when ranging. As you know big gaps are not what you need but repeatability is. 

I miss ranged one target out of 100 this weekend in a dappled light, I had the option to double check the range by bracketing with the superb FT ret but I didn’t bother so my fault.

in my opinion for what it’s worth the 80X March is the best FT scope in the world right now.

8 hours ago, holly said:

Yes fortunately your technical skills are unmatched ......the FT world can only handle so many rogue traders

mine is the 10-60 not an 80. Its not the scopes fault its my -rubbishy- eyes :(

Edited by DTM

As darron has said repeatability is what you need and the kahles has that, doesn't really matter that much in any temp.

80 mag march is supposed to shift at three temps, speaking to Juan in Spain, the kahles didn't over his testing (please bear in mind he has bought all his scopes so has no axe to grind). He uses the 80 mag as the 80 mag edges the kahles in the magnification department.

Matt

If it's poor eyes then I would recommend something that snaps so stick with Nikko or sightron.

Matt

You're probably right Matt. Shame because there's such a big difference in the quality of the glass.

I do like my 10-60 superior resolution, neutral, light and ranges very well despite the massive gaps and so called factory spec since 2013. Which reminds me. Used to average 2-3 mis ranges per year.

Tough choice at the time 2010 butt did opt for the 80mag, shame couldnt get a working one except Juans last silver one Feb 2017, he has many not just one.

The kahles will do what you want but you have to know how to use it, don't search for the best image, always turn in one direction as soon as image comes clear stop turning.

Simple as that.

If you search for best image it won't work.

Matt

2 hours ago, Darron said:

Yes fortunately your technical skills are unmatched ......the FT world can only handle so many rogue traders

There is always some one to disparage my superb skills . in this case a middle ranked shot called Darrop or some such . genius has never been accepted easily . i just have to bear this cross with the best dignity i can . ??? HOLLY 

PS Onward and upward is my motto . now ###### off and leave me work my magic .

2 hours ago, DTM said:

DTM  you may be in the same boat as me ? in my case old eyes , with my 60 march  . either way i cannot use 40 to 60 mag in ALL lights and situations . so i use 30 mag . works Ok in the summer , when obviously it is brighter . . not so in the winter which is why i use an old 20=50 lupe  then and damn good it is to .  plus not silly money . worth thinking about ??? HOLLY

10 hours ago, Matt said:

As darron has said repeatability is what you need and the kahles has that, doesn't really matter that much in any temp.

80 mag march is supposed to shift at three temps, speaking to Juan in Spain, the kahles didn't over his testing (please bear in mind he has bought all his scopes so has no axe to grind). He uses the 80 mag as the 80 mag edges the kahles in the magnification department.

Matt

I spoke with Juan about the March shift in Italy. I think his behaves differently than Wreckers and mine. I did think mine shifted at +/- 7 degrees when it was on my FTP and this is why I brought a twin pointer but when I put the March on the 9015 the shift had gone. I never saw a move all last summer and winter except in Italy where the air temperature was 38 degrees at times. 

14 hours ago, Jon said:

Stephens is the slightly cheaper black.

Last few silver Kahles i have been impressed with since the prototypes, shouldnt be any difference and do what they say on the tin.

Don't say that it makes me all twitchy, silver on silver....hmmm....:grin:

walnut Col , say after me WALNUT ??? HOLLY

16 hours ago, DTM said:

The 10-60's can be a bit hit or miss, even Holly has one of them....:rolleyes:

well true Col . but you cannot deny they work in all extremes of temp . if you want to see a really good one . have a look through grandads . no on second thoughts . you won't want to go back to the comp ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

well true Col . but you cannot deny they work in all extremes of temp . if you want to see a really good one . have a look through grandads . no on second thoughts . you won't want to go back to the comp ??? HOLLY

I'll be honest, I want to like the Marches I really do but I don't like the field of view and much prefer the dinner plate approach of the Leup. Marches are much like Sightrons so it's like looking down a kitchen roll at the image, just my random mutterings but there you go.

All you have to do is mag it down to 20 or so . find it and straight up to your chosen mag to range . simples like me ??? HOLLY

PS or just leave it on 60 mag to shoot . good for minis .

Ive got a x45 sightron coming tomorrow.  I had a MEGA 10/50x60 but it was toooo heavy for me. If this glass is equal or better and ranging as good this for me will be ideal scope.  Lets hope one of our friendly wheel makers come back to me to knock something up 😀

Now that will be interesting Gary . report ? HOLLY 

PS you must be the original ten stone weakling  :Spike