DTM

New Scope

the x45 sightron ret is sooo damn thin though :(

ahh right a bench rest ret then . ??? HOLLY

Think leupold target dot....   which I like so hopefully win win for me but one shall see 😎

4 hours ago, GaryB said:

Think leupold target dot....   which I like so hopefully win win for me but one shall see 😎

They should consider offering with a mil-hash reticle...👍

I have been talking with sightron about a reticle change. They dont have an alternative yet but are considering another depending on interest.

1 hour ago, DTM said:

I have been talking with sightron about a reticle change. They dont have an alternative yet but are considering another depending on interest.

That would be a winner in FT but I wonder worldwide what the interest would be?  The closest thing to my requirements are a march 10x60 but I’m poor and in fairness I’ve not looked through one and thought wow this is worth £2.5k. If my prem ret leup was a x40 I’d not change it, my eyes need a touch more mag though than my 35x

3 hours ago, DTM said:

They should just use the standard milhash FT reticle they already have, no need to agonise about it.

15 hours ago, GaryB said:

I had the Leupold Dot in my old MK4 . used to cover a pellet mark at 50 yards . perfect ??? HOLLY

Had a play in the garden today, only 35 yards but the scope snaps better than my 10x50 Sightron with Leup weight.  I’m a fan.  Side wheel on way now too from the master so I can set up and use in anger.  The dot however is smaller than leup so this really will have limited appeal.  

Sounds good gary . can you pick up the targets quickly ??? HOLLY

20 minutes ago, holly said:

Sounds good gary . can you pick up the targets quickly ??? HOLLY

So far I am having to think more about my position but then find it ok.  Don’t think it will be a sloppy lazy shooters scope

how are you finding the 1/10th clicks?

I'd say the 5 MOA per revolution is probably the bigger hurdle. You might get 25-55 in 5 depending on scope height and pellet, but you'll be way more than a turn out from 25-10. Luckily close targets are losing their fashion but it's the sort of thing you need to be careful of when they do crop up.

3 hours ago, GaryB said:

So far I am having to think more about my position but then find it ok.  Don’t think it will be a sloppy lazy shooters scope

That is colin out then ??? HOLLY

Good ret the 1/8" dot used to have it in my 10-60 until 5 years ago.

3 targets per year on average couldnt see ret on the kill.

13 hours ago, holly said:

That is colin out then ??? HOLLY

I was about to say the same about you...👍

She looks good regardless of performance 😂

9BF996FC-ABCF-4B79-9EE7-A0C46F370688.jpeg

I detect one of  Jons side wheels . very posh . well good is as good does . we await competition time ??? HOLLY

It fits then.

2 hours ago, Jon said:

It fits then.

Like a glove Jon

Great job Jon, now let’s see how Gary gets on with it.

Are you coming to Springfield as I’d love to have a play even in target dot guise? 👍

Did anyone see the IOR  scope in shooting the breeze . the parralax is built into the body towards the fron . bit like an 18=40 but further back . could maybe work the same way . ? not cheap though at  £2300 odd . neat though ??? HOLLY

Rather out dated that Holls i took one to GP1 Ottmoor in 2012 on a Walther LG400.

-rubbish- duly returned to NL.

1 hour ago, Eaton Rifles said:

Great job Jon, now let’s see how Gary gets on with it.

Are you coming to Springfield as I’d love to have a play even in target dot guise? 👍

I will be at some point soon Colin, you’re more than welcome to a play 

On 9/22/2018 at 9:01 PM, GaryB said:

I will be at some point soon Colin, you’re more than welcome to a play 

Appreciated Gary, always like seeing new promising scopes in the flesh as it were....:thumb:

Speicially if you don't have to pay for it hey Col ??? HOLLY

21 hours ago, holly said:

Speicially if you don't have to pay for it hey Col ??? HOLLY

Always better to have a play with someone else's mistakes I always say...:grin:

That will be of comfort to Gary i am sure . mind you what you see on the stand at the show is not always what you get . pity the mags don't tell you that . that is one of the good things about optics ware house . if you don't like it . back it goes . ??? HOLLY

41 minutes ago, holly said:

That will be of comfort to Gary i am sure . mind you what you see on the stand at the show is not always what you get . pity the mags don't tell you that . that is one of the good things about optics ware house . if you don't like it . back it goes . ??? HOLLY

Yep though in the case of the x45 Sightron Uncle Neil has given it his appreciation beforehand so it's hardly a stab in the dark.

The last duff scope I tried was Andy's Hawke ED which was dire. Since then he's had it reparallaxed by Hawke and apparently it is better but for that sort of money I'd expect better than a Nikko and I still doubt it reaches up to the mark.

1 hour ago, holly said:

You can only do that so many time though. Then they stop you doing it. 😉