DTM

New Scope

9 hours ago, Eaton Rifles said:

Nat's firmly a SIII girl these days...:grin:

I am but my leup is still lovely and is going nowhere 😄

in fact I've never sold any of my scopes or rifles.

Just now, NatS said:

😄

in fact I've never sold any of my scopes or rifles.

Really?????

Just now, dc1 said:

Really?????

Hahaha forgot that one....

Steve at the Club has that Leup now . it ranges well and he does well with it . only thing wrong with it is it has a blank spot of three yards . so i try to make sure there are no targets on our course at those distances . he only shoots at our club . so it suits him . lightens the FTP too . ??? HOLLY

PS on a calm day , that is the most accurate rifle i have ever shot . takes a fair bit of windage though . when it is windy .

3 yards seems very excessive, usually around 1 yard 1 foot 3" if brought down.

Well believe me i have tried , no matter what you do . that is what it stays at . it is set at 58 yards so 55 is out of focus . if you bring it down to 50 yards you can get it down to a yard . but then you cannot range 52 = 55 yards . neil reckons nick said on occasions a few of em . just won't come down to 15 . my one comes down to 17 yards ??? HOLLY

Not set to 58 yards then more like 62+
To set at 58 focus at infinate leave alone. Then need to focus that 58 yards by adjusting front lens.

Mine blacked out at 57 1/2 yards couldnt see a thing. Blank spot 14 yards  1 or 2 foot to 15 yards 2 foot 9" they all vary a bit.

Jon you're asking Holly to do something requiring a bit of "finesse" Holly is more a hammer and stilsons kind of guy 😄

True Dave but you can still use a monkey wrench to unlock the front bell locking ring.

Just about not making best use of any scope to just using as it comes. All scopes differ even March but dont try it on a BSA or Niko it wont work, well only done 3 that it did perform better.

In other words have to play around and see what works best and whats tolerable rather than rely on what others say or have done.

Both PR Leups of mine responded drastically to dropping as low as i dare. Normally get bigger gaps but that means nothing without control and perception.

Now Matts PR Leup Mark 4 40 mag responds better around the 300-350 mark where its better than tring to range 30 yards set low around 60 yards. Thats why you have to spend some time or will find it will be for sale next week. My Mark 4 was 3rd hand in 1999 two months old, both couldnt use it but loved it after.

19 hours ago, Jon said:

Not set to 58 yards then more like 62+
To set at 58 focus at infinate leave alone. Then need to focus that 58 yards by adjusting front lens.

Mine blacked out at 57 1/2 yards couldnt see a thing. Blank spot 14 yards  1 or 2 foot to 15 yards 2 foot 9" they all vary a bit.

That's like trying to teach a chimp how to fly the space shuttle....:grin:

I'm pretty sure that it was Holly who offered to adjust someone's 20-50 objective once and slipped with the metal bar wedged in the slots...I'm sure the guy has polished out the resultant 'scratch' on the lens....:rolleyes:

As usual you have got your facts wrong colin . i was shown how to do it properly by northern bob . you use a long metal ruler , which overlaps the lens .you cannot scratch the lens . you are thinking of lord briscoe  . as syco calls him . who rather inadvisably used a flat bladed screw driver . ohwerrr mother . in theory they are supposed to come down to 15 yards . then the 50 foot adapter comes into play . but as said some just do not work like that . so you adjust to get the best top end that you want . which means that the 50 foot adapter comes into play further out . as said my lupe comes down after adjustment  to 17 yards . my score on sunday i think attests to the accuracy of it's ranging . so stick that in your pipe and smoke it ??? HOLLY 

27 minutes ago, holly said:

As usual you have got your facts wrong colin . i was shown how to do it properly by northern bob . you use a long metal ruler , which overlaps the lens .you cannot scratch the lens . you are thinking of lord briscoe  . as syco calls him . who rather inadvisably used a flat bladed screw driver . ohwerrr mother . in theory they are supposed to come down to 15 yards . then the 50 foot adapter comes into play . but as said some just do not work like that . so you adjust to get the best top end that you want . which means that the 50 foot adapter comes into play further out . as said my lupe comes down after adjustment  to 17 yards . my score on sunday i think attests to the accuracy of it's ranging . so stick that in your pipe and smoke it ??? HOLLY 

Are you sure you weren't overseeing Lord Briscoe in his endeavours...:grin:

Smoking was never my style.

My x40 comp. comes down to 10yds and tops out at about 75yds and that without an adaptor in sight though I suspect the front lens may have been changed in order to get t this.

Must be a dammed good scope to get you a 22 ex 40 Col ??? HOLLY 

PS i do love it when you have boasting rights . if only for three weeks . oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .

55 minutes ago, holly said:

Must be a dammed good scope to get you a 22 ex 40 Col ??? HOLLY 

PS i do love it when you have boasting rights . if only for three weeks . oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .

Hahahaaha lap it up while it lasts....:grin:

It won't Col , it Won't . mind you we have one of my better scoring rounds next at North Oxon . trouble being i have not shot this rifle on a really windy course yet . so i hope it is mild . hope for the best . plan for the worst ??? HOLLY:thumb::)

8 hours ago, Eaton Rifles said:

That's like trying to teach a chimp how to fly the space shuttle....:grin:

I have every faith in Sir Holly

There we are . Jon has his money on a winner . only one thing to say . Let Her Ripppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ??? HOLLY:sign_respect1::Grumpgramp:

15 hours ago, holly said:

It won't Col , it Won't . mind you we have one of my better scoring rounds next at North Oxon . trouble being i have not shot this rifle on a really windy course yet . so i hope it is mild . hope for the best . plan for the worst ??? HOLLY:thumb::)

Well as I said I only have one way to go from here, hopefully I can drag Grandad up a bit with me...:grin:

well i hope for your sake . up it is Col ??? HOLLY

22 hours ago, holly said:

well i hope for your sake . up it is Col ??? HOLLY

Amen to that....:grin:

At our level Col , we go up , we go down . it is what it is  . grab the good ones and boast like hell ??? HOLLY

Not much boasting on here though

That Jon is cos you ain't got nothing to boast about of late . unlike us winter league shooters ??? HOLLY

If i had some where to shoot the last 2 1/2 years things might have been different. It forced me to part ways 5 months ago with rifle, not to mention havent had a scope since September 2013.
Reckon it would take me 12 months to get back in to it, there again any wind or snow round here shoots are cancelled. 10 yrs we'll be shooting in climate controlled

we shoot in our shorts until it gets below Zero over here Jon ??? HOLLY:Spike

On 10/27/2018 at 12:09 AM, holly said:

we shoot in our shorts until it gets below Zero over here Jon ??? HOLLY:Spike

The Shead  Dynamic Duo had their legs out at Kent Woodsmen and judging by their scores it didn't do them any harm....:rolleyes:

Did it scare the horses in the next field Col ??? HOLLY

15 hours ago, holly said:

Did it scare the horses in the next field Col ??? HOLLY

No but the sheep looked a bit worried.....:grin:

quite so Col , decorum in all things . i say ??? HOLLY 

PS Like us .:Spike