Jump to content
DTM

New Scope

Recommended Posts

Probably find jon has em all ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DTM said:

Still waiting for the new Falcon :(

 

 

Yep, does look interesting. Neil is trying to get one to give it a proper test before the launch at Christmas.

Don't tell Holly otherwise he'll want one and then they'll be doomed....:grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Show me a scope better than my Lupe and i will consider it .??? HOLLY 

 

PS I will bet it will not be a Hawk ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, holly said:

Show me a scope better than my Lupe and i will consider it .??? HOLLY 

 

PS I will bet it will not be a Hawk ??? HOLLY

 

In all seriousness the new Falcon does sound promising, but of course we need someone on the case like uncle Neil who knows what he’s doing. If it arrives in the promised spec. at the target price and ranges as intended then it will be a great entry level or back up scope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be the same old thing . the internals will let em down , or the quality control . or the turrets . or the side wheel . when they offer a 10 year unlimited guarantee . i will believe it Colin ??? HOLLY 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, holly said:

It will be the same old thing . the internals will let em down , or the quality control . or the turrets . or the side wheel . when they offer a 10 year unlimited guarantee . i will believe it Colin ??? HOLLY 

 

Pit is a budget scope mate, so it’s never gonna happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then i am never gonna buy it . simples . you forget i have over the years , had a lot of budget scopes Col . some just to see if they were any good . and they were not mate . don't build your hopes up . i reckon the first 50  will be good . then all of a sudden they will go down hill /?? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's December and It's still not here :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Told you so ??? HOLLY

Quote

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DTM said:

It's December and It's still not here :(

 

Did they say which year?  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will will see the new falcon FT at the NEC in February? -  Probably not :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DTM said:

Will will see the new falcon FT at the NEC in February? -  Probably not :(

 

 

Hate to say it but I've heard it all before; build up the hype and then not deliver for whatever reason.

Pity as Falcon are generally a decent scope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not part with money for either a Hawk or a Falcon . they are built down to a price ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, holly said:

I would not part with money for either a Hawk or a Falcon . they are built down to a price ??? HOLLY

 

Yes, yes but some people aren’t rich March touting pensioners....🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then get a Nikko , far better scope for the money . or even a BSA platinum ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, holly said:

Then get a Nikko , far better scope for the money . or even a BSA platinum ??? HOLLY

 

Yep excpet that even a Nikko is too much for some people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There paying £400 for a T50 , you can get a secondhand Nikko for that ??? HOLLY

 

I bought a secondhand T50  to see what they were like . it went on it's way quite quickly .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 5:43 PM, holly said:

There paying £400 for a T50 , you can get a secondhand Nikko for that ??? HOLLY

I bought a secondhand T50  to see what they were like . it went on it's way quite quickly .

 

Suitably laden up with supa-glue I hope....:rolleyes:

I tried a T50 for a few days years ago, ranged ok but it had a godawful heavy reticle that wouldn't be out of place in a tank.

Didn't keep it for that reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big bazza has a very nice Sightron , ranges well bit heavy . but the optical quality of my lupe is better . and it is lighter . now where can i get a 80 mag for £500 ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, holly said:

Big bazza has a very nice Sightron , ranges well bit heavy . but the optical quality of my lupe is better . and it is lighter . now where can i get a 80 mag for £500 ??? HOLLY

 

You're missing a 2 in front there sunshine.

The only way you're getting an x80 for £500 is if you find some poor sod who will chop in your x60 + £500. Maybe Daz will humour you but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you could always go for the proverbial s&b FT Mk1 :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually made money when i sold my MK1 S&B . FT shooters forget that these make VERY good long range scopes . the full bore boys love em ??? HOLLY 

 

PS I hate to say it , but as it stands the BEST FT scope for the money ,  is the Sightron . as long as you can handle the weight and you find a good one .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, holly said:

I actually made money when i sold my MK1 S&B . FT shooters forget that these make VERY good long range scopes . the full bore boys love em ??? HOLLY 

PS I hate to say it , but as it stands the BEST FT scope for the money ,  is the Sightron . as long as you can handle the weight and you find a good one .

 

I think it's a close run thing between the Sightron and the Stryker, it's very much a Ford or Vauxhall thing.

Personally I'd still still with my x40 Comp. as I like the overall package of ranging, image quality and lightness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wot Works , Works Colin . if you have the dosh a March is the Answer . if not . wrung Wot You Brung , as the cars boys say ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, holly said:

Wot Works , Works Colin . if you have the dosh a March is the Answer . if not . wrung Wot You Brung , as the cars boys say ??? HOLLY

 

A March is not for me.

No doubt they do a good job but I still prefer the Leupold field of view and quality of image.

The only March I would consider would be a x60 Hi-Master that is sorted. Apparently in the works as we speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a look through Grandads and change your mind ??? HOLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, holly said:

Have a look through Grandads and change your mind ??? HOLY

 

I've looked through a few and I just don't like the field of view it's like peering down a bog-tube.

No, give me Leup-View® anyday....:grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As said . have a look through grandad's on 40 mag and i think you will be surprised ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, holly said:

As said . have a look through grandad's on 40 mag and i think you will be surprised ??? HOLLY

 

Ok well if I see him I'll try his and see if it's any different just to please you ok....:grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will regret it . cos then you are gonna want one ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×