Sign in to follow this  
lol moore

Can the standard silhouette be improved?

This follows from the discussion about FT rule changes, its not meant to be a nod to everyone having to change targets due to a few moaners/cheats, it was just me looking at what's available and seeing if it can be improved.

I really like the cam lever lock affair on current silhouettes and cannot easily see a way that can be improved but the overall package can be I think.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qKEsYggerg3uvd7g9

So this one  has some advantages:

- as already discussed paddle in front means a split hits paddle first the split piece then hitting the plate, I am not sure this would make it easier for a split to knockover a target but it looks like it might

- no pieces of lead go behind the plate, these can be a big cause of failures

- a club only needs 30 plates but can then fit any size, or shape, paddle to those plates in seconds

- if the nut on the stem is moved the sensitivity of the target can easily be adjusted, useful were angled shots are set

On this prototype the biggest error is when falling the stem hits one of the lever hinges, easy to change.

I know, current targets work, what's the point, they will be expensive.....blah de blah, its me messing in the workshop😁

We were discussing this at the club last week and it seems that this would be the best solution. The only problem being is that clubs would have to buy new targets. 

57 minutes ago, springboy said:

We were discussing this at the club last week and it seems that this would be the best solution. The only problem being is that clubs would have to buy new targets. 

Lols design could be easily fitted to current targets, just needs a plate to be bolted or welded to the standard faceplate to fill the hole.

I think this is definitely the way to go 

Nowt wrong with existing targets I say again it’s the cheats that need to be changed.

1 hour ago, Darron said:

Nowt wrong with existing targets I say again it’s the cheats that need to be changed.

What he said⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

How the hell is it suddenly that the targets need changing??????? Take a step back , look at what youre saying and get real!!!! On the back ofOne badly run shoot organised by people that wouldnt listen to sound advise ???

What needs changing is attitude of shooters, we all know those ones that struggle to hit a cows -bottom- with a shovel .

Explain to them ,in simple words

À SPLIT IS NOT A HIT

Edited by dc1

I think you need to calm down, take a chill pill and read my original post and the title, I have started a new thread away from the one about cheating, I have made no mention of the need for changing targets, this is just me messing in my workshop 😁

Actually a split in HFT is always at least a one, sometimes a two, a split in FT is sometimes a zero, sometimes a two...all are hits 😊

Maybe we should do away with pellets and fit a SCATT to every rifle 😉

36 minutes ago, lol moore said:

I think you need to calm down, take a chill pill and read my original post and the title, I have started a new thread away from the one about cheating, I have made no mention of the need for changing targets, this is just me messing in my workshop 😁

Actually a split in HFT is always at least a one, sometimes a two, a split in FT is sometimes a zero, sometimes a two...all are hits 😊

Maybe we should do away with pellets and fit a SCATT to every rifle 😉

in FT is sometimes a zero, sometimes a two...all are hits 😊

-excrement- no wonder I can’t get in AA I’ve only been putting one X down for a hit........so that’s how Gilly does it!

So from that I assume FT is scored like noughts and crosses...do you ever try to line them all up so you can draw a line through them 😊

If you want to get into Alcoholics Anonymous you need to drink more....or maybe its the Automobile Association, just Google it anyone can get in 😁

Excrement....nice...this place is like the poor relative of the Breeze, full of hormonal FTers 😃

The STB is for the cheaper end of the market  dear boy . the great unwashed . which is why you find so many HFTers on there . it is a bit like life . you start small ( HFT ) then when you grow up you take up FT . stands to reason ??? HOLLY:Spike

2 points for a kill and 1 point for a plate (miss) in HFT. Reminds me of every grandma watching her fat grandson on school sports day come last in the running race. Don’t worry lad you may have come last but you were the best by far, here have these doughnuts lol

I am sure those HFTers are nice boys really . under all that mud ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, Darron said:

2 points for a kill and 1 point for a plate (miss) in HFT. Reminds me of every grandma watching her fat grandson on school sports day come last in the running race. Don’t worry lad you may have come last but you were the best by far, here have these doughnuts lol

🤣 🤣

11 hours ago, Darron said:

You knew Holly’s granny then Daz?

😉

19 minutes ago, Eaton Rifles said:

You knew Holly’s granny then Daz?

😉

Yea her name was Wilma Flintstone lol

If my granny was still above ground . you two would be getting a box around the ear's . not a woman to be messed with i can tell you ??? HOLLY

On 9/8/2018 at 11:01 AM, holly said:

If my granny was still above ground . you two would be getting a box around the ear's . not a woman to be messed with i can tell you ??? HOLLY

Sounds like you’ve had first-hand experience....🤣

Aplenty dear boy ??? HOLLY