Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Rifles

Euros weekend....

Not going myself as I'm too busy this year but good luck to all those heading to the Game Fair and glory.

Weather looks pretty decent as long as the rain Sunday keeps further north and doesn't arrive until late afternoon.

well Neil is shooting in the morning . so we will see how he gets on ??? HOLLY

Not good 29 EX 50 . ah well that is the euros ??? HOLLY

Who won then?

Matt

Berty 😄

I hear Graham went home . dunno ??? HOLLY

Great result for Bertie, I really thought Woody had it with his Saturday score....👍

Well done Berty!

Walking along the firing line, there appeared to be a few empty lanes - whether this was through shooters not turning up or shooters slowing down due to the conditions don't know?

Justin had issues with his rifle, was told he had not locked his gun case after day one and it had opened up and the gun rolled out- didn't speak to Justin to see if true or not.

Matt

I did wonder how he went from top score to outside top 15.

If Colin had been there , i would say he had took some of his advice on shooting ??? HOLLY

????

Edited by holly

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Well done Berty!

Walking along the firing line, there appeared to be a few empty lanes - whether this was through shooters not turning up or shooters slowing down due to the conditions don't know?

Justin had issues with his rifle, was told he had not locked his gun case after day one and it had opened up and the gun rolled out- didn't speak to Justin to see if true or not.

Matt

Ouch, that's not good...

The bit a lot don't realise is you must dissasemble the whole lot . to make sure it is stress relieved ??? HOLLY

29 minutes ago, holly said:

The bit a lot don't realise is you must dissasemble the whole lot . to make sure it is stress relieved ??? HOLLY

And put it back together with a few less parts and lots of glue.

These things do happen Darren . only snag is you don't have Woodys Excuse Hey . hmmmmmm ??? HOLLY:Spike

9 hours ago, holly said:

These things do happen Darren . only snag is you don't have Woodys Excuse Hey . hmmmmmm ??? HOLLY:Spike

No excuses from me old boy, just didn’t shoot well enough on day 1 so 40/50 and shot the same on day 2 on a tougher course / condition so 35/50 

Great weekend. Justin opened his Peli case the wrong way and his gun dropped out onto the car park, real shame as he couldn't have better on Saturday. He was a full turn out and trying to check the zero must have been a nightmare in that wind.

There was only one lane empty on the Paint Chipper sessions due to no-shows, all the others were full. with either 2 or 3 shooters.

They don't make rifles like they used to . the sling swivel on my GC2 broke whilst being carried over the shoulder . barrel down . it went down hit the ground and i caught it on the bounce up . ohwerrr . we were just moving to our lanes . nothing for it but to carry on . got third . now that is a rifle ??? HOLLY

Good to see Berty win a major, knew it was only a matter of time and glad to help.

Speaking to him last night he did say it was windy. In all fairness thats FT or what its supposed to be about, draw your own conclusions of the bad scores.

You want wind Jon ? you should have been at Carisbrooke today . Now That Was Wind ??? HOLLY

i love shooting in the wind boys but i think when you move away from edge of plate it starts to become a lottery?

We have a 35 yard target up a tree . windy today . it took three shots to get it . i aimed dead centre . one went left one went right and the last went straight . so is windage skill or luck ??? HOLLY

Its Skill without a doubt untill you get off plate

I sat and watched DC in the field, he was getting buffeted to hell and he's a big unit. He waited and waited, it didn't get any better. There's a fine line between skill and silly.

Big unit indeed BUT he was quite a bit bigger a while ago . when i started in 89 at lea valley . with old dave monk . i used to come off the course every week , saying that such an such is one lucky git . and stamp off to the cafe for a cuppa . it took some while before i noticed such and such was a lucky git . very , very often . and i was not . that was when i started to listen and watch and upgrade slowly my kit . yep you get luck . you just must not depend on it . ??? HOLLY

Cream always rises to the top.  

Preferably of a creme sponge Nat's > yummmm ??? HOLLY

On 9/19/2018 at 4:58 PM, Darron said:

i love shooting in the wind boys but i think when you move away from edge of plate it starts to become a lottery?

Thats where the skill always was until the brainwashing took hold from you know where.

Getting quite mellow tomorrow and weekend but see theyve cancelled Sundays shoot, unbelievable. Now you can see what your dealing with at least with hft they relish the enjoyment.

Only a matter of time it will be indoors, level flat ground and temp controlled.

Ahh but will they serve beer too Jon ??? HOLLY

11 hours ago, Jon said:

Thats where the skill always was until the brainwashing took hold from you know where.

Getting quite mellow tomorrow and weekend but see theyve cancelled Sundays shoot, unbelievable. Now you can see what your dealing with at least with hft they relish the enjoyment.

Only a matter of time it will be indoors, level flat ground and temp controlled.

Indoor bowls anyone...😳

Speaking to Uncle Neil and they have a Dartmoor shoot Sunday which he’s hoping won’t get cancelled as he and John Farbrother plan to tackle it prone if necessary.

Now that is the spirit boys...🏆