On 9/29/2018 at 8:02 PM, holly said:

I always miss a stander ??? HOLLY:thefinger:

Missed this little gem and Hols wa trying to give Nat standing coaching after her magnificent outing at the weekend.

Why that’s as credible as Trump in the Whitehouse...ahh hold on. 🤔

as said Colin . never let complacency get in . always something to learn . i have spent months trying to get my somewhat knackered body to shoot this rifle i now have . after all that time . i am just getting the hang of it ( i hope ) . never be too proud to listen . might get something from it . the old motto still works well . listen , try , modify . but like i say . hey ho and off we go . ??? HOLLY

Holly I have to adapt frequently to whatever is hurting at the moment.  I know my standers need improving :)

3 hours ago, NatS said:

Holly I have to adapt frequently to whatever is hurting at the moment.  I know my standers need improving :)

Nonesense, have you forgotten about your round at Iceni where you shot all the sitters standing and cleared 12 on the trot....🤣

I know the feeling nat's . i only make suggestions to try to help . your at a very good level . as you are , you cannot make big differences . but small things can bring your game up . if only one target over a course . one of the things that can help is after ranging the targets on the standing lane . you take them slightly out of focus . say five yards . this stops you being pedantic about hitting an exact spot . and spending too long trying to do that . one of old waynes tricks and he won quite a few GPs . anyway good luck ??? HOLLY

10 hours ago, holly said:

I know the feeling nat's . i only make suggestions to try to help . your at a very good level . as you are , you cannot make big differences . but small things can bring your game up . if only one target over a course . one of the things that can help is after ranging the targets on the standing lane . you take them slightly out of focus . say five yards . this stops you being pedantic about hitting an exact spot . and spending too long trying to do that . one of old waynes tricks and he won quite a few GPs . anyway good luck ??? HOLLY

I'm surprised you got that one out of Wayne, he was always very tight-lipped with his secrets....:rolleyes:

To you Colin . to us the gang of 6 . No ??? HOLLY

PS I'm in with the in crowd . i go where the in crowd go .:Spike

PS Wayne invented that one and the twelthrees averaging system . plus the laying on the back for the very steep uphill shots . 

13 hours ago, holly said:

To you Colin . to us the gang of 6 . No ??? HOLLY

PS I'm in with the in crowd . i go where the in crowd go .:Spike

PS Wayne invented that one and the twelthrees averaging system . plus the laying on the back for the very steep uphill shots . 

So the incrowd get washed up on the Rock,  interesting.

I'll give that one a miss if that's ok.

Yes the ETL Clique no less . and whilst innit , i never realised it was a clique . good lads . only Keith and me left ??? HOLLY

On 10/12/2018 at 11:47 AM, holly said:

Yes the ETL Clique no less . and whilst innit , i never realised it was a clique . good lads . only Keith and me left ??? HOLLY

Not quite....:grin:

Since when were you in team of legend .  Blue Team  , the Cream ??? HOLLY

Just now, holly said:

Since when were you in team of legend .  Blue Team  , the Cream ??? HOLLY

I'm sure I can find a couple of images of before you were adopted as Team mascot....:grin:

You were in team wally ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

You were in team wally ??? HOLLY

No he was in a team all of his own.

Do you remember Vietnam Wally from ETL?

what do you mean the fella who worked in the music shop in ilford ? had a rapid seven , festooned with military like gadgets . used to run about in the bushes ??? HOLLY

Is that the bloke i heard about years ago that liked to practice his stalking on metal targets?

And thought he was good cos he could get REALLY close to them?🤣🤣🤣

Sounds like him Dave . he left when soft air got popular ??? HOLLY

17 hours ago, holly said:

what do you mean the fella who worked in the music shop in ilford ? had a rapid seven , festooned with military like gadgets . used to run about in the bushes ??? HOLLY

No that was 'Mad Max,' the very short-lived ETL Safety Officer.

He was the one who tried to disarm my Father Christmas target I set up by lepoard crawling out to it with his full army body kit on.

I walked up with a cuppa as he was getting his pliers out and asked what he thought he was doing.

He replied that he was dealing with an UXB and would I stand back behind (the imaginary) cordon.

'Unexploded' I said, 'ahhh well I can sort that' and walked back and attached the battery which caused him to crawl away at a rate of knots.

Good job really as it singed Truffleworth's eyebrows when he put it down....:grin:

Wally was the guy who was English, had emigrated out to the States in the 60's with his family and immediately got drafted for Vietnam ending up flying Huey gunships.

Can't be many Englishmen who fought in Vietnam I wouldn't have thought. I've got a photo somewhere I'll see if I can dig it out.