Sign in to follow this  
DTM

FWB 800X

I got a club somewhere :)

The reason I asked about seals is I did the tissue test and it fails miserabley. Perhaps it not being used for ages is the reason I'm not gettin a good seal.

Which ones it blowing at, transfer port or bolt to barrel.

Looking down the bolt should see a blue seal all to easy to shoot out when rifle bolts not closed.

Any parts get them from Europe before Brexit. If parts not in stock in UK dont be surprised to be waiting 9 months on, the German way.

Posted (edited)

feels like its blowing from both. blue seal is in there. I will ring and order seals from centra

Edited by DTM

On 10/8/2018 at 5:25 PM, DTM said:

I got a club somewhere :)

The reason I asked about seals is I did the tissue test and it fails miserabley. Perhaps it not being used for ages is the reason I'm not gettin a good seal.

Before you junk the seal, dig it out, wash it in hot not boiling water and then work in some quality silicone grease with your fingers. Replace and prosper..👍

will do cheers

Treat o rings the same especially the silicone grease when reassembling and they will reward you by not leaking all over the shop.

When I rebuilt my 1980  TB Sirrooco the O rings were a bit manky due to the mineral oil crystalising. I washed & greased them stuck back in and they've held the same pressure since May so all is good...:grin:  

Did the wash n grease and what a difference. Gun sounds completely different too. Had a chat to the guy at centra and ordered some replacement seals just in case :)

Make sure the bolts closed or the blue seal will be shot out never to be seen again.

5 hours ago, DTM said:

Did the wash n grease and what a difference. Gun sounds completely different too. Had a chat to the guy at centra and ordered some replacement seals just in case :)

Did you repeat the tissue test to see if the majority of the air is going down the barrel now?  😉

yes i would say 75% better but still getting a puff of air from it. will have to wait for new seals which will eliminate the problem I hope.

Any Pics ? and have you had a chance to use it yet ? HOLLY

11 hours ago, DTM said:

yes i would say 75% better but still getting a puff of air from it. will have to wait for new seals which will eliminate the problem I hope.

Is there a way to adjust the bolt position, I know nothing about 800's but I would guess there is a way to bring the breech closer to seal properly.

You do it on Anschutz's by lifting and twisting a hexangonal bolt on the cocking link and I'd imagine FWB's have a similar system?

i haven't rtfb yet :)

800x.thumb.jpg.981090f3c1485b8dafac9b6eb2bea164.jpg

only did a 30 yd zero test on it so far. 5 shots and couldnt see the pellet hole getting any bigger. I may have to take up benchrest shooting with this gun lol.Oh, and it's No 22

Edited by DTM

9 minutes ago, DTM said:

800x.thumb.jpg.981090f3c1485b8dafac9b6eb2bea164.jpg

only did a 30 yd zero test on it so far. 5 shots and couldnt see the pellet hole getting any bigger. I may have to take up benchrest shooting with this gun lol.Oh, and it's No 22

And with no sights😂😂😂 im impressed!!!

being a boinger boy. pcp's are easy :)

When i rule the world . Boinger's will be banned . nasty noisey smelly things . urgggh . ??? HOLLY

well hft and Ft are being made to easy these days hft'ers resting gun on the ground and only have to judge range n wind. Ft'ers only have to keep gun stillish and judge wind. At least the hft'ers shoot in all weathers,  FT'ers seem to be averse to strong wind n rain. The only challenge left is to shoot a springer where you have to concentrate more on your technique. Not like the point n shoot PCP brigade. 😄 

I'll get my🧥 :Grumpgramp:

I beg your pardon . at buccs winter league last year . it ######ed down . to the point where the water was taking the mud downhill in a river . we shot . i am afraid with the springers you are :beatdeadhorse:  ??? HOLLY

18 hours ago, DTM said:

i haven't rtfb yet :)

Hahahaha...is Holly your Dad?   :rolleyes:

I used to deliver down in wales ??? HOLLY😃:Spike

On 10/11/2018 at 9:19 AM, Eaton Rifles said:

Is there a way to adjust the bolt position,

No need to everything perfect its German.

Seen a few transfer port o rings get nicked.

Anchutz that eccentric cam is not for adjusting bolt to barrel its purely for bolt to transfer port where many come from factory just thrown together not lining up. Even when they are aligned most will still blow out needing extra sorting which should have been done at factory.

20 hours ago, holly said:

I beg your pardon . at buccs winter league last year . it ######ed down . to the point where the water was taking the mud downhill in a river . we shot . i am afraid with the springers you are :beatdeadhorse:  ??? HOLLY

Got a picture somewhere of the state of ground, rifles and shooters.

I adjust my 2002 by just moving the barrel back and forth . two allen bolts , easy peasey . ??? HOLLY

new seals arrived this morning. Once fitted no more air leak 😄

Excellent , now give the springer away and join all us normal people . Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ??? HOLLY

PS Cept Colin of course .

23 hours ago, Jon said:

No need to everything perfect its German.

Seen a few transfer port o rings get nicked.

Anchutz that eccentric cam is not for adjusting bolt to barrel its purely for bolt to transfer port where many come from factory just thrown together not lining up. Even when they are aligned most will still blow out needing extra sorting which should have been done at factory.

I’m used to the adjustment on the 2002 which is the same so assumed the cam was for that as well. Lucky really as I haven’t needed to adjust mine as you did it...👍

It does not need adjusting as you hardly ever shoot it ??? HOLLY

Adjust the cam so transfer port lines up. Ink marker comes in handy then wipe it off after.

Then will need to get the right tension on the barrel of which theres probably two imprints where all it will want to do is go in that same place. Get it right and it will leave skirt flush upon closing.

Now if it has been alright in the past and suddenly develops a blast or TP not lining up, straighten the cocking link. Cant really overdo it as when closing it will bend back to normal. Had to do that about 6 times in 8 1/2 years.

Seen loads come brand new not centred up and of course barrel put in leaving the two imprints.

Even worse is when they send out TP blowing, daylight seen underneath.

My working parts on my old shutz are so worn they are self centering  now ??? HOLLY