Sign in to follow this  
holly

Central winter league , round one . Carisbrooke .

Gents , round one of centrals winter league is next sunday . the 21St  at carisbrooke . the course is now ready to go . all that is left to do is put the strings on em . oil and paint . it is we hope a course for all . enough hard targets for the big boys to squabble over in there quest to be the man . and enough targets for the B and C graders to  enjoy . roll up roll up ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

Gents , round one of centrals winter league is next sunday . the 21St  at carisbrooke . the course is now ready to go . all that is left to do is put the strings on em . oil and paint . it is we hope a course for all . enough hard targets for the big boys to squabble over in there quest to be the man . and enough targets for the B and C graders to  enjoy . roll up roll up ??? HOLLY

I bet there's a gale and the pirates won't sail....:grin:

We are expecting 12-13  MPH . ish . experts only need apply .  so nobody from SEFTA is expected colin . ??? HOLLY

Just now, holly said:

We are expecting 12-13  MPH . ish . experts only need apply .  so nobody from SEFTA is expected colin . ??? HOLLY

We shall be battling it out at Round One of the SEFTA Winter League mate, i.e. the only one not to be square at.

Well at least it is not supposed to be raining . so good luck to all i say .and may the best region win . ( Central ) ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

Well at least it is not supposed to be raining . so good luck to all i say .and may the best region win . ( Central ) ??? HOLLY

That's done it, we're now getting all yours plus whatever Gordon had cooked up for KW....:rolleyes:

Bring your brollys ??? HOLLY

9 hours ago, holly said:

Depends on what forecast you look at.

MetCheck is now saying 4-5mph. 

Netweather says 7-10mph

We will just have to see on Saturday. 

more wind , more interest ??? HOLLY

18 minutes ago, holly said:

more wind , more interest ??? HOLLY

Quite the opposite I would have thought for the Rock...:grin:

The leaves are coming off the trees now big time . so any wind will be magnified  . but it is nowhere near as bad as it gets . when all the leaves are gone . you start to doubt you can actually shoot at all . ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

The leaves are coming off the trees now big time . so any wind will be magnified  . but it is nowhere near as bad as it gets . when all the leaves are gone . you start to doubt you can actually shoot at all . ??? HOLLY

Sounds perfect for Jon....:thumb:

Jon i am afraid is now just talking a good shoot Col . it is the old story , those  that can  do . those that can't . become gun smiths  ??? HOLLY  :Grumpgramp:

12 hours ago, holly said:

Jon i am afraid is now just talking a good shoot Col . it is the old story , those  that can  do . those that can't . become gun smiths  ??? HOLLY  :Grumpgramp:

Is that your excuse and you’re resolutely sticking to it?  😉

No that is Jons excuse ??? HOLLY

Well, the best of luck for Sunday while you duke it out in the lower rankings of the Winter League.

Of course the we will be taking part in the Premier League fixture at Kent Woodsmen but will spare you a (very short) thought...:grin:

Ha ha Col . you can kid your self my son . BUT we all know the big boys will be in the IOW , knocking the metal down . ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

Ha ha Col . you can kid your self my son . BUT we all know the big boys will be in the IOW , knocking the tea down . ??? HOLLY

:rolleyes:

There are three lies . the cheque is in the post . i love you and colin always tells the truth ??? HOLLY

Course is now done . one target altered as it looks to be a almost windless day . let the best man win ??? HOLLY

20 hours ago, holly said:

There are three lies . the cheque is in the post . i love you and colin always tells the truth ??? HOLLY

Not quite says the quickest draw of the Wild West...🤣

You better get some sleep colin . if you are gonna get in the 30 s ??? HOLLY

Well that did not go to plan ? the ferry most were on coming over to the IOW . hit a small boat coming in . then went aground in thick fog . so those that got hear just had a shoot . top score was steve privat with a 38 ex 40  .  all said they enjoyed the course in very low wind . some you win . some you lose ??? HOLLY

PS 34 ex 40 for me . 

Yep 30 from andy . cliff church 35 . bazza 36 ??? HOLLY 

PS and no i did not do open class . 8 -covered in gore- standers .

Pity about the ferry, was anyone onboard the yacht at the time?

Looking at the photo Rob posted the ferry was off-route quite a bit when it ran aground but that might been in an attempt to miss the yacht.

Nobody hurt  .  the boats hit were parked up i believe on the near side going into the estury . only need to get a bit off course there in the fog and your in trouble . small boats getting hit there is not as rare as you might think ??? HOLLY

16 hours ago, holly said:

Yep 30 from andy . cliff church 35 . bazza 36 ??? HOLLY 

PS and no i did not do open class . 8 -covered in gore- standers .

The same as me Holly. Got all my standers just missed 3 of the 4 kneelers one by a country mile with a twitch.

Anyway loads of tea and biscuits consumed yesterday, and free breakfasts for those stuck on ferry.

Glad to hear positive feedback on the course, goes to prove you don't always need rafts of long targets. Hieght and direction changes can make the difficulty. Course bar 1 target will stay out for a few months.

If , big if i can stay in the 30s ,i can get back into A grade ??? HOLLY

22 hours ago, holly said:

Nobody hurt  .  the boats hit were parked up i believe on the near side going into the estury . only need to get a bit off course there in the fog and your in trouble . small boats getting hit there is not as rare as you might think ??? HOLLY

When you look at the google map image Rob posted it look like the ferry has to thread it's way through a mass of moorings to get to it's destination. Surely that's a bit flawed?