Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Rifles

The World Renowned SEFTA Winter League....

55 minutes ago, holly said:

we will see ??? HOLLY

A minor speed-bump on the path to glory.

In truth I should have given it up as a bad job after a few lanes as the combination of my back and the scope/rifle seemingly wanting to do it own thing was not good.

I suspect that the trip down the M20 upside down in the gunbag didn't do it any favours but even so everything seemed ok on the zero range beforehand, weird one.

I should've stayed in bed as well. Oh well onwards and upwards!

well you got the same as Steve Nat's ? so it could not have been an easy course . KW is pretty open . maybe you and the mob have been in the woods to much at Iceni ? ??? HOLLY

Nah brain was just mush..  no excuses.

Hmmmmm Mush Brain heh . i thought that was colins excuse ??? HOLLY

PS personally i am waiting for colin to come out with the " Oh Damn , the sling swivel screw was loose . ? well i knew it could not be me .:bonk:

will Colin be down the Club this sunday sorting out his cannon . will he find a screw loose . yep i think it was a nut . a nut behind the trigger ??? HOLY

Just now, holly said:

will Colin be down the Club this sunday sorting out his cannon . will he find a screw loose . yep i think it was a nut . a nut behind the trigger ??? HOLY

Hopefully, need to get it sorted before the massacre at Iceni...:grin:

Remember what happened to wayne at KW  . when he used the lighter pellets . i very much doubt it was you . i think it was the pellets ??? HOLY

4 hours ago, Eaton Rifles said:

Hopefully, need to get it sorted before the massacre at Iceni...:grin:

Massacre? Because of shooting ability or course design? :tease:

2 hours ago, SteveC200 said:

Massacre? Because of shooting ability or course design? :tease:

.........already thinking about shot analysis stat for z shaped reducer target in tower, will it achieve the highest miss rate of the season, or has evil Steve turned over a new leaf🤪

2 hours ago, Tartan said:

.........already thinking about shot analysis stat for z shaped reducer target in tower, will it achieve the highest miss rate of the season, or has evil Steve turned over a new leaf🤪

Has someone been leaking information? 😁 

It won't be too bad, it's got a good spread of targets. Wind will be the decider.

Colin is prepping the way in case it is a disaster and then he can say . "well i told you so " ??? HOLLY

On 10/26/2018 at 12:28 AM, holly said:

Colin is prepping the way in case it is a disaster and then he can say . "well i told you so " ??? HOLLY

Nonsense, I don’t need to prep. a disaster these days...🤣

So did Wardy kick your old ass today again colin ??? HOLLY

11 hours ago, holly said:

So did Wardy kick your old ass today again colin ??? HOLLY

Good day today, during the week I’d taken the scope/rail off and basically started again.

Very cold down Springfield with a keen wind hitting from the right and left to varying degrees.

First time out with his 9015/20-50 combo and we both dropped five each so not bad considering.

Nat stole the show again at Iceni by only dropping one albeit on a 30 course, so the transition to Winter looks pretty painless so far.

Yep just hoping for less brain mush and a relatively pain free week in prep for next weekend :beg:

• Like 1

Pity you lot cannot shoot our course . brain mush does not come into it . you start with a good brain . then end up with mush if it is windy . so no excuses for  iceni then all . colin will take the course by the throat and rip a 21 out of it . oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ??? HOLLY

13 minutes ago, holly said:

Pity you lot cannot shoot our course . brain mush does not come into it . you start with a good brain . then end up with mush if it is windy . so no excuses for  iceni then all . colin will take the course by the throat and rip a 21 out of it . oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ??? HOLLY

Iceni is not known as 'the green hell' for nothing, though less of the green this weekend methinks.

Still it is what it is and we shall embrace it's devious glory nonetheless...:grin:

I always found Iceni when the leaves are off the trees , very difficult on a windy day . the hardest bit used to be around the pond . which is now over grown .. we used to turn left there and shoot across the pond and keep on going down to the last lane . where that 52 yard target is now on a post i think . ??? HOLLY 

PS what makes ours more difficult is that it is shot in a circle . as you get used to one bit , it changes as it changes direction . plus one part of it is on the side of a hill . left to right at one end and right to left at the other . or maybe not . bitch . 20 to 30 mph winds are average .

4 minutes ago, holly said:

PS what makes ours more difficult is that it is shot in a circle . as you get used to one bit , it changes as it changes direction . plus one part of it is on the side of a hill . left to right at one end and right to left at the other . or maybe not . bitch . 20 to 30 mph winds are average .

Sounds like the sort of course to tempt Jon out of retirement...:grin:

Too far to go sorry.

Just heard this morning there was an over range target yesterday, some people hit so what, but the grading was pulled when a certain person in authority missed it.

Another nail in the coffin for FT just get on with it.

Now you know why i dont shoot, aboves one of dozens similar the last few years.

1 hour ago, Jon said:

Too far to go sorry.

Just heard this morning there was an over range target yesterday, some people hit so what, but the grading was pulled when a certain person in authority missed it.

I heard the same. Apparently it weren’t BFTA rules and the fact that people had already shot it still didn’t stop some people moaning about it. 

I have no setting past 55 yards . so if in doubt i just aim at the top of the kill . usually does it ??? HOLLY

14 hours ago, Jon said:

Too far to go sorry.

Yea I did see that debate going on.

In my opinion if it was found to be over-range then everyone should have been given it regardless.

Or on the other hand , why should those of less ability gain from that lack of ability . as dave would say . just saying ??? HOLLY

So Iceni next for the SEFTA . no pressure of course colin . well for some of us BUT not for you dear boy . should you fail to beat 30 . i look forward to welcoming you down into B grade . ??? HOLLY :Grumpgramp::Spike

4 hours ago, holly said:

So Iceni next for the SEFTA . no pressure of course colin . well for some of us BUT not for you dear boy . should you fail to beat 30 . i look forward to welcoming you down into B grade . ??? HOLLY :Grumpgramp::Spike

Just remember to step to one side as I plummet past...😉

Just hang onto Nat's coat tails as she rockets into the lead Col ??? HOLLY

15 hours ago, holly said:

Just hang onto Nat's coat tails as she rockets into the lead Col ??? HOLLY

Sounds like a plan....:grin:

Anyways, I shall be treating my rifle like the crown jewels Sunday and we'll see how it goes at Iceni though the weather looks a trifle blowy for Sunday and we all know what that means...:rolleyes:

It means Easy Peasy for a man of your seniority Col ??? HOLLY