holly

Winter Draws On ?

I know i have said i will use my shooting jacket in the winter league , BUT when it gets really bitter i may well change my mind . brrrrrrrrr . so having got my old winter league parka out the cupboard . i had to admit that like old Groucher it is well , maybe a bit past it . 15 years of winter league has taken it's toll .right onto the Bay to see what is about  . i liked the look of a parka called Didrikson . swedish  . now they know a thing or two about keeping warm . so looked up the reviews , yep good . so i ordered one . got it today . now that brothers of the slug is what i call a parka . dunno if it will do anything for my shooting . but it will laugh at the weather . recommended brothers and sisters ??? HOLLY :thumb::)

I think a photo is in order so we can see how good it is? 👍

I cannot put a photo on here , it says i am using too much memory or some such ??? HOLLY

9 minutes ago, holly said:

I cannot put a photo on here , it says i am using too much memory or some such ??? HOLLY

True, I guess what's left is prone to overload...:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, holly said:

I think the mods have applied a drivel filter to your account :)

Well that has done it then . that is me out . ??? HOLLY  :Grumpgramp:

PS and thought it only applied to the welsh .:Spike

Here you have Holly demonstrating the before and after of how to save on those pesky heating bills.

Step one at the top is to buy a genuine Finnish Parka online for £630 (very nice quality wouldn't you agree)

Step two is to turn off the heating completely whilst wearing said Finnish parka and so save £280 over the Winter!!!

Result wouldn't you say Ladies and Gentlemen....:rolleyes:

P1010005.JPG

P1010001.JPG

Us the air freshener cos someone smells like a Moose?

Btw, HOW MUCH FOR A PARKA?????

Just now, dc1 said:

Us the air freshener cos someone smells like a Moose?

Btw, HOW MUCH FOR A PARKA?????

Well, it is a Genuine Finnish Parka, why Holly's one even has the name 'Simo' inside and a couple of bullet holes courtesy of the 1939-40 Winter War.

Btw probably the Finnish forests were just a tad colder than Stalingrad in '43 but that's another story.

Did you want two DC, I'm sure Holly could get you a couple for a £10 discount....:grin:

They only do toy sizes 

Not so XL is 48 ? they do bigger . you do not need to wear anything underneath except a shirt . might take the hood off as it gets too warm . you boys can laugh but i will be warm . ??? HOLLY 

PS they are Swedish Not Finnish , it cost me from flea Bay £60 posted . secondhand but in very good condition . new price £170 ish . depending on where you get it from .

I may have to get a new camera , as this one makes me look like an old man ??? HOLLY

7 hours ago, holly said:

I may have to get a new camera , as this one makes me look like an old man ??? HOLLY

I would as the smile shutter is broken as well...😉

I had just come back from the club and was frozen trying various shooting jackets . if i want any decent results . i think it is a case of a new bigger shooting jacket  so i can get a  nice wooly pully under it . shame ??? HOLLY

Edited by holly

36 minutes ago, holly said:

I had just come back from the club and was frozen trying various shooting jackets . if i want any decent results . i think it is a case of a new bigger shooting jacket  so i can get a  nice wooly pully under it . shame ??? HOLLY

I think you're going down a blind alley personally.

Have you tried fitting your shooting jacket under this parka?

Nope not enough room  and far to awkward . intershoot do some budget jackets in a large sizes . might end up looking  like mr blobbie  . yep if i can get a sweat shirt and a light fleece under a shooting jacket . i think that will save me from the dreaded lurg .??? HOLLY 

PS Why shooters wear those plastic things i cannot see . they do nothing for your shooting . cept  make you sweaty .

Well the die is cast . ordered a new Gimp Coat . we will see if it works out . if not it goes on flea bay ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

Well the die is cast . ordered a new Gimp Coat . we will see if it works out . if not it goes on flea bay ??? HOLLY

Very nice, looks like lots of support there Holls, though I would run it past the EFTA if you're planning of using it at the Worlds next year....:grin:

5aaa5843aadb8bd9ee366ef35486bc6c.jpg

Nat's is getting one for her Hubby for Christmas i hear ??? HOLLY  

PS Steve already has one . big Paul was the model for this one . and colin sells em . 

PSS Order incoming from Jon , Stan and Bazza .

Have found that if you wear a Winter Cycling top ( very long back ) under a hooded top . it stops it riding up as you sit to take a shot > ??? HOLLY

15 hours ago, holly said:

Have found that if you wear a Winter Cycling top ( very long back ) under a hooded top . it stops it riding up as you sit to take a shot > ??? HOLLY

Winter thermals that tuck under each other do the same mate...:grin:

Well it worked well today . wore the gimp . for the next one i should have the new Gimp ??? HOLLY

15 hours ago, holly said:

Well it worked well today . wore the gimp . for the next one i should have the new Gimp ??? HOLLY

Becoming quite the Gimp-Meister aren't we. No wonder your postie looks at you a bit askew....:rofl2:

Holly using his Army spec ops training in sitiuational awareness ..........models the latest in WL shooting apparel

HOLLY BEAR.jpg

1 hour ago, Siy-co said:

Holly using his Army spec ops training in sitiuational awareness ..........models the latest in WL shooting apparel

HOLLY BEAR.jpg

Classic Simon, there you go Holly and with no M-16 to save you this time....:grin:

Just now, dc1 said:

Thats a very slimming parka

The camera never lies........... cough cough!

This rather fine piece of clothing can be worn not just for FT but for more formal occasions like addressing the prolitariate....... bbrrrr! chilly in Red Square comrades

STAL.jpg