Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Rifles

SEFTA WL round 3 Springfield....

Round three will find the intrepid lads and lasses of SETFA trudging down the field to the autumnal hell that is Springfield.

Questions have to be asked:

Will Wardy’s spectacular return to top-flight FT continue?

Will Stan get out of bed?

Will the Shead Duo keep their stellar shooting form?

All this and more Sunday week so book your places at the only FT show worth turning up to...😉

More like a snooze fest . same old same old , trying to knock down a few tin chickens . Yawnnn ??? HOLLY:bonk:

1 hour ago, holly said:

More like a snooze fest . same old same old , trying to knock down a few tin chickens . Yawnnn ??? HOLLY:bonk:

Maybe at Carrisbroke, but at Springfield it only top flight stuff mate, incisive one hit kills and everything.

Big Paul reckons he has a plan to stop the Eley Express in his tracks, we shall see....:grin:

Just now, Eaton Rifles said:

Maybe at Carrisbroke, but at Springfield it only top flight stuff mate, incisive one hit kills and everything.

Big Paul reckons he has a plan to stop the Eley Express in his tracks, we shall see....:grin:

That plan may be Ozzie...

5 minutes ago, NatS said:

That plan may be Ozzie...

Very true...:grin:

Naw You boys and girls don't scare us . Springfield is for pussy's . big Paul would not know a good course if he fell over it . stand clear and let the Men get to work ??? HOLLY

11 hours ago, holly said:

Naw You boys and girls don't scare us . Springfield is for pussy's . big Paul would not know a good course if he fell over it . stand clear and let the Men get to work ??? HOLLY

That’s what all the FT super-stars said before they turned up at the GP....😉

My self , if it had not been for a broken leg  and disclocated  shoulder ,  i am sure i would have won it ??? HOLLY

40 minutes ago, holly said:

My self , if it had not been for a broken leg  and disclocated  shoulder ,  i am sure i would have won it ??? HOLLY

Mere bagatelle for a VC recipient like yourself I would have thought...:rolleyes:

Ahh yes VD and Scar ??? HOLLY

18 hours ago, holly said:

Ahh yes VD and Scar ??? HOLLY

You and 'back door' Mickey must have hammered those German fleshpots...:grin:

Not me . i used to hold the money of those who went in . i had better indoors ??? HOLLY

16 hours ago, holly said:

Not me . i used to hold the money of those who went in . i had better indoors ??? HOLLY

I think you're right there...:grin:

My old Man who knew a thing or two . told me " one woman at a time son "  he was right . ??? HOLLY

12 hours ago, holly said:

My old Man who knew a thing or two . told me " one woman at a time son "  he was right . ??? HOLLY

My Grandad said pretty much the same except when he was telling me about the three day party after Paris was liberated.

That sounded like all the parties that there has ever been altogether, and then some...:grin:

Different days , different sways Col ??? HOLLY

37 minutes ago, holly said:

Different days , different sways Col ??? HOLLY

Very true and he did have the tattoo to prove it when he got back; a nice French can-can girl on his forearm...:grin:

When i was in france . i went into a cafe and asked if they had frogs legs . they relied yes . so i said hop over the counter and get me a cheese sandwich . Bom Bom ??? HOLLY

29 minutes ago, holly said:

When i was in france . i went into a cafe and asked if they had frogs legs . they relied yes . so i said hop over the counter and get me a cheese sandwich . Bom Bom ??? HOLLY

I can imagine they found you about as amusing as we do....🤔

Weather update for Sunday: windy and cold, ah so that will be a Springfield WL fixture then.

currently showing a low of 6 degrees which is the switching point for most guns/scopes....😉

35 minutes ago, Eaton Rifles said:

Weather update for Sunday: windy and cold, ah so that will be a Springfield WL fixture then.

currently showing a low of 6 degrees which is the switching point for most guns/scopes....😉

Ah, positively balmy then - missed the Iceni round due to returning from Norway (bobbing about on the North Sea (swell was dropping from 6 metre waves) whilst you were shooting it) - the wind at the North Cape would've blown the pellets back down the barrel (almost blew the bus off the road at a couple of places - mind you it is about 300 metres above sea level) temps were down to -9 C during the day

Just now, SuffolkRifle said:

Ah, positively balmy then - missed the Iceni round due to returning from Norway (bobbing about on the North Sea (swell was dropping from 6 metre waves) whilst you were shooting it) - the wind at the North Cape would've blown the pellets back down the barrel (almost blew the bus off the road at a couple of places - mind you it is about 300 metres above sea level) temps were down to -9 C during the day

Sounds like a great reason to give that place a miss until at least midsummer...👍

Just now, Eaton Rifles said:

Sounds like a great reason to give that place a miss until at least midsummer...👍

That's the next trip - to try and see the midnight sun - the Northern Lights played 'hard to see', always showing up just as I'd got nice and warm in bed. Great trip though, planning on going again in a few years time when the sun spot activity is higher though.

1 hour ago, SuffolkRifle said:

That's the next trip - to try and see the midnight sun - the Northern Lights played 'hard to see', always showing up just as I'd got nice and warm in bed. Great trip though, planning on going again in a few years time when the sun spot activity is higher though.

If it’s the northern lights you’re after isn’t Iceland a pretty good bet?

I have seen the light ? but it turned out to be train coming the other way in the tunnel . ??? HOLLY

11 hours ago, Eaton Rifles said:

If it’s the northern lights you’re after isn’t Iceland a pretty good bet?

Iceland is stunning, if you go further than the touristy bits!  We went to the westfjords (Súðavík) a few years ago with our Icelandic friends and some of those roads were truly terrifying (if you're scared of heights and sheer drops).  However the scenery more than made up for it! Plus it was June and we had 24 hours of daylight. 

1 hour ago, NatS said:

Iceland is stunning, if you go further than the touristy bits!  We went to the westfjords (Súðavík) a few years ago with our Icelandic friends and some of those roads were truly terrifying (if you're scared of heights and sheer drops).  However the scenery more than made up for it! Plus it was June and we had 24 hours of daylight. 

Excellent, always been on my bucket list of places to go...:grin:

My mate went out there . caught pneumonia and it killed him . just saying like ??? HOLLY

By the way Col , you need a three in front of it sunday ? if is as hard to do as it was at North Oxon . good luck to you ??? HOLLY

By the way , my money is on the Sy Co . he is hot to trot . beware Dan Eley ??? HOLLY