Sign in to follow this  
springboy

Today at Springfield

Had a bit of craic today at Springfield. Had a little standing comp at a 52 yard elevated target in the wind. At one point we were all standing there like a firing squad. Of course I got it first time with my old nail lol. 

Edited by springboy
  • Like 1

Lucky one then Stan ??? HOLLY

15 minutes ago, holly said:

Lucky one then Stan ??? HOLLY

No just pure skill. 😂😂😂

Pride cometh before a fall Stan ??? HOLLY 

PS Maybe as soon as next week .

Sounds good Stan! We had a deluge at Iceni which cleared enough to stick a course out enjoy the site of leaves whirring around in the sunshine.  Rather nice.

We were lucky with the weather today. I think we had it all last night 

1 hour ago, holly said:

Pride cometh before a fall Stan ??? HOLLY 

PS Maybe as soon as next week .

Always the same Dave. Practice standers the week before but when it comes to the comp it all goes up the wall lol 

Edited by springboy

I have to take 8 of the boogers and i hate standers with a passion . Wednesday i will try to improve the longer ones . i have a few ideas . ??? HOLLY 

PS The best one is to get little jack to take em for me . :Spike

I have a picture of you all but can’t upload it as says can only upload up to 512kb 👎

9 hours ago, Ozz3y86 said:

I have a picture of you all but can’t upload it as says can only upload up to 512kb 👎

Here you go, just before you put it down:

DSC01410.JPG

And another with Dave trying Pete's new revamped 9003, which actually shoots superbly now that all it's springs are where they should be..

DSC01406.JPG

The face that launched a thousand quips ??? HOLLY 

PS surprises me with a mug like that , they let Stan out of Chelmsford nick ??? HOLLY

30 minutes ago, holly said:

The face that launched a thousand quips ??? HOLLY 

PS surprises me with a mug like that , they let Stan out of Chelmsford nick ??? HOLLY

It's like the two faces of Field Target, one serious and dedicated, the other, umm well....:grin:

Though give Stan his due he did put the most difficult target at Springfield down, first shot while standing in a stiff wind.

Only one thing to say ? Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ??? HOLLY:bonk: :Spike

25 minutes ago, holly said:

Only one thing to say ? Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ??? HOLLY:bonk: :Spike

So he was also lucky when he did it again two shots later and with that old nail of a ProTarget and Zos you probably sold him...🤣

I had a zos . did the job . not wonderfully well , not a joy to own but for the money OK . rather have a custom shop or a BSA platinum ??? HOLLY

15 hours ago, holly said:

I had a zos . did the job . not wonderfully well , not a joy to own but for the money OK . rather have a custom shop or a BSA platinum ??? HOLLY

I was considering one for my Anschutz BR rifle and stuck a TR Tasco on it instead.

The old 6-24 TR is a decent scope , i own one . my Bausch and Lomb 6 to 20  is better though . once owned by sandy at ETL ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

The old 6-24 TR is a decent scope , i own one . my Bausch and Lomb 6 to 20  is better though . once owned by sandy at ETL ??? HOLLY

Ah the lovely Sandy, great shot with her Hubbie who’s name escapes me.

Alec or Alex Curtis 

4 hours ago, NatS said:

Alec or Alex Curtis 

Ah yes, totally henpecked but they were a great couple.

My first rifle (the titan) was from Sandy.  Brother got his daystate from them as well.

sandy was a really good shot ., Alec was a twit . he always carried his rifle on a sling over his neck and shoulder . when he got up from shooting . he would push it around his body on the sling . the amount of times the scope or the rifle hit something on doing it , was legend . oh well /?? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

sandy was a really good shot ., Alec was a twit . he always carried his rifle on a sling over his neck and shoulder . when he got up from shooting . he would push it around his body on the sling . the amount of times the scope or the rifle hit something on doing it , was legend . oh well /?? HOLLY

I think it was Alec who dropped his rifle on the scope when one of the quick-releases on the sling did just that. Not pretty.

On 11/12/2018 at 7:28 PM, Eaton Rifles said:

So he was also lucky when he did it again two shots later and with that old nail of a ProTarget and Zos you probably sold him...🤣

The Zos is on the Walther. I’ve got a BSA Platinum on the Pro Target. Heavy -swearword- lol 

The pro target is a heavy rifle to start with Stan . which is why i sold mine ??? HOLLY

It’s nothing compared to the Walther. Now that is a heavy beast. I ain’t weighed it but it’s got to be pushing 16 pound. 

1 hour ago, springboy said:

It’s nothing compared to the Walther. Now that is a heavy beast. I ain’t weighed it but it’s got to be pushing 16 pound. 

That's why RobF took his walther stock to the saw mill and chopped half of it away....:grin: