Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
springboy

Today at Springfield

Recommended Posts

Had a bit of craic today at Springfield. Had a little standing comp at a 52 yard elevated target in the wind. At one point we were all standing there like a firing squad. Of course I got it first time with my old nail lol. 

Edited by springboy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucky one then Stan ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, holly said:

Lucky one then Stan ??? HOLLY

No just pure skill. 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pride cometh before a fall Stan ??? HOLLY 

 

PS Maybe as soon as next week .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good Stan! We had a deluge at Iceni which cleared enough to stick a course out enjoy the site of leaves whirring around in the sunshine.  Rather nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were lucky with the weather today. I think we had it all last night 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, holly said:

Pride cometh before a fall Stan ??? HOLLY 

 

PS Maybe as soon as next week .

Always the same Dave. Practice standers the week before but when it comes to the comp it all goes up the wall lol 

Edited by springboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to take 8 of the boogers and i hate standers with a passion . Wednesday i will try to improve the longer ones . i have a few ideas . ??? HOLLY 

PS The best one is to get little jack to take em for me . :Spike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a picture of you all but can’t upload it as says can only upload up to 512kb 👎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ozz3y86 said:

I have a picture of you all but can’t upload it as says can only upload up to 512kb 👎

 

Here you go, just before you put it down:

DSC01410.JPG

 

And another with Dave trying Pete's new revamped 9003, which actually shoots superbly now that all it's springs are where they should be..

 

DSC01406.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The face that launched a thousand quips ??? HOLLY 

 

PS surprises me with a mug like that , they let Stan out of Chelmsford nick ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, holly said:

The face that launched a thousand quips ??? HOLLY 

 

PS surprises me with a mug like that , they let Stan out of Chelmsford nick ??? HOLLY

 

It's like the two faces of Field Target, one serious and dedicated, the other, umm well....:grin:

Though give Stan his due he did put the most difficult target at Springfield down, first shot while standing in a stiff wind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only one thing to say ? Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ??? HOLLY:bonk: :Spike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, holly said:

Only one thing to say ? Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ??? HOLLY:bonk: :Spike

 

So he was also lucky when he did it again two shots later and with that old nail of a ProTarget and Zos you probably sold him...🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a zos . did the job . not wonderfully well , not a joy to own but for the money OK . rather have a custom shop or a BSA platinum ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, holly said:

I had a zos . did the job . not wonderfully well , not a joy to own but for the money OK . rather have a custom shop or a BSA platinum ??? HOLLY

 

I was considering one for my Anschutz BR rifle and stuck a TR Tasco on it instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old 6-24 TR is a decent scope , i own one . my Bausch and Lomb 6 to 20  is better though . once owned by sandy at ETL ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, holly said:

The old 6-24 TR is a decent scope , i own one . my Bausch and Lomb 6 to 20  is better though . once owned by sandy at ETL ??? HOLLY

 

Ah the lovely Sandy, great shot with her Hubbie who’s name escapes me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alec or Alex Curtis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NatS said:

Alec or Alex Curtis 

 

Ah yes, totally henpecked but they were a great couple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first rifle (the titan) was from Sandy.  Brother got his daystate from them as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sandy was a really good shot ., Alec was a twit . he always carried his rifle on a sling over his neck and shoulder . when he got up from shooting . he would push it around his body on the sling . the amount of times the scope or the rifle hit something on doing it , was legend . oh well /?? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, holly said:

sandy was a really good shot ., Alec was a twit . he always carried his rifle on a sling over his neck and shoulder . when he got up from shooting . he would push it around his body on the sling . the amount of times the scope or the rifle hit something on doing it , was legend . oh well /?? HOLLY

 

I think it was Alec who dropped his rifle on the scope when one of the quick-releases on the sling did just that. Not pretty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 7:28 PM, Eaton Rifles said:

 

So he was also lucky when he did it again two shots later and with that old nail of a ProTarget and Zos you probably sold him...🤣

The Zos is on the Walther. I’ve got a BSA Platinum on the Pro Target. Heavy -swearword- lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pro target is a heavy rifle to start with Stan . which is why i sold mine ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s nothing compared to the Walther. Now that is a heavy beast. I ain’t weighed it but it’s got to be pushing 16 pound. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, springboy said:

It’s nothing compared to the Walther. Now that is a heavy beast. I ain’t weighed it but it’s got to be pushing 16 pound. 

 

That's why RobF took his walther stock to the saw mill and chopped half of it away....:grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×