Sign in to follow this  
holly

Does The Lane You Start On Decide Your Score ?

In some ways i think it does . Woody started on lane one sunday . i started on Lane 17 . now i don't compare my self to Woody as is . but Lane one is inside right of kill . the lanes after that gradually get more windy . . lane 17 was damn windy . so there was no chance to settle into it , with a couple of good lanes . bit like starting on a standing lane really , unsettling . so what do you think ??? HOLLY

I started on a standing lane at the ETL 50 and a kneeling lane at ICENI, both days I had my best comp shoots.

I started on a standing lane at the recent Iceni WL shoot and missed both.

I started on a sitting lane with Nat at the Kent Woodsmen WL and also missed both.

I think all that tells me is that I'm -rubbish- regardless of where I start....:grin:

• Haha 1

Get your old ass back on AA Col . those light weights are as cliffy says " Fools Gold " ??? HOLLY

Just now, holly said:

Get your old ass back on AA Col . those light weights are as cliffy says " Fools Gold " ??? HOLLY

Not these kiddies mate.

KW was a combination of bad back and scope gun bouncing around on the turret down the M20.

Iceni was just not having enough time to get to the furthest lane and then getting settled before the off....:grin:

Renumber the lanes and see if your theory still stands. 

Does your theory work on other shoots?

Lane one target one on sunday was a 37?yards stander. Inside right,dont think so, wobble and hope

6 hours ago, holly said:

In some ways i think it does . Woody started on lane one sunday . i started on Lane 17 . now i don't compare my self to Woody as is . but Lane one is inside right of kill . the lanes after that gradually get more windy . . lane 17 was damn windy . so there was no chance to settle into it , with a couple of good lanes . bit like starting on a standing lane really , unsettling . so what do you think ??? HOLLY

Did someone call LOL, it was good to see and hear you on Sunday buddy.

But what was lane 1 Hol's and what was lane 20?  Both standers I believe, tasty long ones in each lane as well mate. 😉

I started on a kneeling lane at the ETL 50. Got them both and it pushed my confidence to do well on the day. Wouldn’t fancy starting on standers though,I need a few lanes to get into the swing of it for standers. 

Well i got the close one ? ole . well done by the way woody even if you did stuff all our averages , grrrrrr . on lane twenty i got the long one . probably luck . the point of this was not for me to cry but to ask what shooters think of where your starting position can help or hinder your score . same sort of thing really with GPs morning or afternoon . ??? HOLLY 

PS that has done it now JH will be on with a rant or two . 

I think the biggest factor with a start isn’t so much which lane, but where in the course you start.

So for instance if you start say lane 8 of a GP and then have the long trudge back for those earlier targets as opposed to starting lane one and getting a straight run through.

I think the break while you walk back with all your kit is detrimental, but is all part of the game and is infinitely preferable to the alternative which in the old days was a three hour wait to feed onto lane 1...😳

Pity we cannot have the same system we have now with only 40 targets  . it just takes to long now ??? HOLLY

16 minutes ago, holly said:

Pity we cannot have the same system we have now with only 40 targets  . it just takes to long now ??? HOLLY

Problem with only 40 targets is that spread is tiny with the big boys as it is with 50 targets.

It would take longer to sort out all the resulting shoot offs than the Competition itself.

Plus people want value for money and driving 300 miles and staying overnight for 40 targets is just plain naff.

I often get to start on a discipline lane at MFTA shoots no idea why? I much prefer to get a few off the bag lanes under my belt before I get to a discipline lane. It’s all a state of mind really.

The only shoot off would be at the last one Col . not a problem . sides people like a shoot off to see who cracks ??? HOLLY

11 hours ago, Darron said:

I often get to start on a discipline lane at MFTA shoots no idea why? I much prefer to get a few off the bag lanes under my belt before I get to a discipline lane. It’s all a state of mind really.

The occasional start on a positional is ok but any more than one a season and I’m gonna chuck my dummy and sue...😉

Tempting fate here Colin ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

Tempting fate here Colin ??? HOLLY

Luckily I set the lanes....:grin:

On 11/15/2018 at 11:37 AM, Eaton Rifles said:

Luckily I set the lanes....:grin:

Unluckily for me Gilly does 

Darron , what has happened to the man who was gonna crush all the opposition under foot . has reality set in . if it has . i will offer twenty quid for your rifle . Cheers HOLLY

On 11/17/2018 at 8:59 AM, Darron said:

Unluckily for me Gilly does 

I’d stamp your feet, Chuck a few dummies and threaten to sue mate, that’s victimisation that is, so Holly says...😉

On 11/17/2018 at 11:16 AM, holly said:

Darron , what has happened to the man who was gonna crush all the opposition under foot . has reality set in . if it has . i will offer twenty quid for your rifle . Cheers HOLLY

Holly good to hear from you old boy! Take a look at MFTA WL standings and feel free to repost complete with apology! 

To save me toiling through a bunch of northern monkeys Darron . astound me me with your positions in the WL ??? HOLLY

H I J K L M O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z AA AB AC AD AE AF AG AH
Team
Masters
BFTA no Firstname Surname Club Grade
Rounds
B7 Pts
B7 Tgs
R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6 R7 R8 R9
R10
R1% R2% R3%
R4%
R5%
R6%
R7%
R8%
R9%
R10%
IR 12 21095 Dean Burfoot HARRIERS AA 3 291.4 107 37 38 32               100.0 100.0 91.4 0.0 0.0          
IR 31 20692 James Osborne DOWRY HILL AA 3 289.3 106 34 37 35               91.9 97.4 100.0 0.0 0.0          
IR 11 21700 Darron Hillier BLACKBROOK AA 3 283.8 104 37 34 33               100.0 89.5 94.3 0.0 0.0          
IR 22 20517 Neil Thorneycroft FAR COLEY P 3 283.7 104 33 37 34               89.2 97.4 97.1 0.0 0.0          
IR 23 20182 Keith Hassall FAR COLEY A 3 278.3 102 31 37 34               83.8 97.4 97.1 0.0 0.0          
IR 32 21652 Ian Shaw BLACKBROOK AA 3 270.4 99 31 34 34               83.8 89.5 97.1 0.0 0.0          
IR 33 21041 Mark Henson CASTLE AA 3 267.9 98 33 31 34               89.2 81.6 97.1 0.0 0.0          
IR   21768 Paul Mangham CASTLE A 3 261.6 96 34 33 29               91.9 86.8 82.9 0.0 0.0          
IR   21475 Roger Dyson Purley Chase AA 3 259.4 95 31 32 32               83.8 84.2 91.4 0.0 0.0          
IR 21 21794 Karl Morris CASTLE B 3 258.2 95 30 38 27               81.1 100.0 77.1 0.0 0.0          
IR 13 20115 James Griffiths HA

Note the absence of Gilly I couldn’t cut and paste that low down lol

2 hours ago, Darron said:

Note the absence of Gilly I couldn’t cut and paste that low down lol

:rofl2:

Harsh and that's before he has the snowdrifts to contend with...🤣

I was gonna say what happened to Gilly when he got a 21?

Just now, NatS said:

I was gonna say what happened to Gilly when he got a 21?

Daz offered to reset his windage turret for him before the start....:rolleyes:

Not Bad Darron . were the rest of em shooting Springers then ??? HOLLY

14 hours ago, holly said:

Not Bad Darron . were the rest of em shooting Springers then ??? HOLLY

No not all of them just Gilly by the look of it lol

• Haha 1