Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Rifles

So....round 4 of the Winter League at ETL

What was wrong with Dan rifle.

8 hours ago, RN10 said:

DC mentioned afterwards that he was getting 40fps variation which is never going to be good.

Strange as it wasn’t cold or anything.

Also the course was shall we say mini-kill rich and of course Dan the Man’s Nemisis is reducers...😉

OK then . luckily i  can come to the rescue here . what Dan needs is three different pellets in three different pouches ( labelled of course )  Expresses for the close ones , ( ten to 25 yards ) . 8.4s for intermediate ) 25 to 45 )  and heavies for the longuns ( 45 to 55 ) . simples . no Dan don't thank me . ??? HOLLY 

Let me guess you could a few lane in forget which pellet was for what range. They would love you at a chronological. 

1 hour ago, holly said:

OK then . luckily i  can come to the rescue here . what Dan needs is three different pellets in three different pouches ( labelled of course )  Expresses for the close ones , ( ten to 25 yards ) . 8.4s for intermediate ) 25 to 45 )  and heavies for the longuns ( 45 to 55 ) . simples . no Dan don't thank me . ??? HOLLY 

You're a genius...:rolleyes:

Of course i did exactly that , well with 10.06 and 7.9s once apon a time in a comp at the old springfield . i am afraid to say it did not work . ahh well , good idea ? poor execution ??? HOLLY

Just now, holly said:

Of course i did exactly that , well with 10.06 and 7.9s once apon a time in a comp at the old springfield . i am afraid to say it did not work . ahh well , good idea ? poor execution ??? HOLLY

Did you have your glasses on or did you just take a lucky dip into the mixed pellet pouch...:grin:

The reason it did not work is cos i found it takes about five pellets for the barrel to get used to the new pellet  . thus my other idea of getting a golf trolly to carry two rifles . ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, Eaton Rifles said:

You're a genius...:rolleyes:

Colin......... really.....

1 hour ago, holly said:

The reason it did not work is cos i found it takes about five pellets for the barrel to get used to the new pellet  . thus my other idea of getting a golf trolly to carry two rifles . ??? HOLLY

I'm sure that would go down well at GP's 'Hold on dear chap while I switch to my standing iron'

....:grin:

On 12/2/2018 at 3:03 PM, holly said:

So i hear the Colin was well into the 30s . see my encouragement worked ?   all you need now is a course at carisbrooke on the magic course and you will be away ??? HOLLY

Wardy made me laugh. He asked Colin how did he do and when he told him,wardy said “Come on. What did you really get?” 😂😂

19 hours ago, RN10 said:

Dan was behind it ??? HOLLY:poster_oops:

Wardy had stopped shooting before Colin got going properly ??? HOLLY

3 hours ago, Siy-co said:

Colin......... really.....

Simon the truth would out in the end ??? HOLLY

17 hours ago, springboy said:

Wardy made me laugh. He asked Colin how did he do and when he told him,wardy said “Come on. What did you really get?” 😂😂

The boy has no faith in the old dog I see.

Well I'm not quite ready to join Holly in the toothless, hairless, erm mentally challenged ranks just yet...:grin:

Won't be long heh heh heh . the kids will drive you to it ??? HOLLY

PS Penury and the loony bin is all you have to look forward to . my advice is to post the 9003 to me and end it all .

I think you’re right, about the kids.

i think the next few years will be interesting especially when they discover alcohol and boys/girls.

Thanks for the kind offer on the 9003 but it pleaded with me not to be sent to you, can’t think why....😉

Well you won't get many offers like that Col . that is for sure ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

Well you won't get many offers like that Col . that is for sure ??? HOLLY

That’s true, thankfully....🤣

I will take that as a Maybe ??? HOLLY

6 hours ago, holly said:

I will take that as a Maybe ??? HOLLY

Only if I carp it before you mate...😉

You know you a wanna ??? HOLLY

Just now, holly said:

You know you a wanna ??? HOLLY

Carp it?

Not yet thanks....:grin:

I have ten pounds in exchange for your 9003 . a fairer deal you won't find ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

I have ten pounds in exchange for your 9003 . a fairer deal you won't find ??? HOLLY

Make that gold (not any of that nazi stuff you found mind) and you have a deal my man....:grin:

I would like a 9015 , just to say i have one . but if i was in the market for a FT rifle to pup . it would be the HFT 500 . secondhand at around £ 550 . ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

I would like a 9015 , just to say i have one . but if i was in the market for a FT rifle to pup . it would be the HFT 500 . secondhand at around £ 550 . ??? HOLLY

Here we go again, are you going to get another GC stock as well....:rolleyes:

No in my bid to get back into A grade . i must concentrate on only two rifles . one for the winter . one for the summer . would like a new scope though ??? HOLLY

14 hours ago, holly said:

No in my bid to get back into A grade . i must concentrate on only two rifles . one for the winter . one for the summer . would like a new scope though ??? HOLLY

A new scope when you have in your possession one of the finest optical apparatuses known to man, I.e. a March x60?

😉

True But i want a March 80 ??? HOLLY