Glen Newman 27
Chris Hepworth 24
Adam Riffert 22
Geof Ames 22
Geoff Hawes 20
Richard Bright 14
John Watson 4

Golde Bunny  John Watson

Cheers Cliff, good shooting today in a typical Bisley wispy wind.

Note to self, need to practice the standers more only got 3/8 today missed 3/4 of the short positionals. Also need to get routine sorted as loaded 2 pellets on two lanes resulting on a miss.

Great to shoot round with Dave C today.

Bragging rights are even today with Holly but I get a point more on the handicap.

Enjoyed the course today, plenty of long ones which went down. When.i look at the misses 5 positionals,  4 for wind (3 not enough and 1 to much) and one for poor technique.

A little break before Buccs in 3 weeks.

Nice one Cliffy, glad to see all that crusin’ hasn’t taken away your FT skills.

Also good to see that our resident Rock Chimp scraped home with a 3 in the score though I bet the lane lane was a pucker job sliding down the scorebord by his fingernails...🤣

Cheers Bisley, great course but loooooooonnnnnnnggggg! Great company with Andy. Couldve gone so very wrong, 4 down in first 6 lanes but held on so happy with that

2 hours ago, dc1 said:

Cheers Bisley, great course but loooooooonnnnnnnggggg! Great company with Andy. Couldve gone so very wrong, 4 down in first 6 lanes but held on so happy with that

So Holly wasn’t the only one hanging on by his fingernails then...👍

How come you had such a dodgy start?

49 minutes ago, Eaton Rifles said:

So Holly wasn’t the only one hanging on by his fingernails then...👍

How come you had such a dodgy start?

The wind was either a steady breeze or nothing. With everything being wet not much moved indicating what it was doing. When you thought there was something nothing happened but even on the same land you got different amounts. 

1 lane had around a 40 then a near 55 yd targets. I got both but the shorter was inside edge the longer i gave about nearly 3" outside edge to get it. 

If you cannot say anything good about a course , don't say anything . i think it is time that the winter league adopted a formulae . for instance . 40 yards average . it is no good saying to me that this is how it is nowadays . cos if it is . it should not be . imagine a young fella and his dad  turning up there for a first taste of FT shooting . and get a course that Nick Jenkinson would have had trouble with in his prime  . yes i know it was probably  raining when the course was put out and i know it is a pain . but these things have to be considered ??? HOLLY

PS for my part , far to many mistakes . held my average of 50% on positionals . so all the hard work on standers is paying off . if uncle neil manages to service my shutz . it might well be out at buccs . it was as dark as the insides of Cliff Churches Wallet in that wood .

Hey dont get me wrong, im not knocking the course in any way. Any course i dont build or take in is ok with me

Dodgy start due to sneaky bisley wind and proof that i was alive, mega pulse ,just couldnt settle

My view is that you don't look after the established shooters in the winter league . they are bought and paid for . the winter league is an ideal entry for the new and younger shooters . if you don't think i am right . go and have a look at a HFT event . they are heaving with shooters . i don't say they have to be easy . i just say reasonable . for that what is needed is a formulae . for me that will be 40 yard average . ??? HOLLY

• Like 1