Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Rifles

So...revisited heavies today.

1 hour ago, holly said:

Terrible . what is  a matter with Clacton and Butlins ??? HOLLY 

It might have been ok in the 30's when you were there but I think the clientele has gone west in the meantime....:rolleyes:

We went to bognor butlins once . never again . every morning there were table empty . where holiday makers had been sent home . for fighting ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

We went to bognor butlins once . never again . every morning there were table empty . where holiday makers had been sent home . for fighting ??? HOLLY

Only Butlins I’ve ever stayed at was Caister, late 70’s soul weekend with Robbie Vincent when he was at Radio London.

My mate Chris borrowed his Dad’s Zephyr and three of us set off through swirling fog confident that it would be clear in Norfolk.

Three hours later our luck finally ran out as Chris drove us into a deep ditch.

We got out ok but that was it for the car. We stood in the road, in the middle of nowhere then started walking as it was freezing.

After half an hour a car came along full of girls who were also going to the weekender so they squeezed us and our bags in and we were back in business.

We had a mega soul weekend but had no choice but to get the train back as the car had a smashed radiator and cracked sump. Surprisingly Chris was never allowed it again which was a bit mean considering we clubbed together to pay for the recovery and repair.

One other thing that stands out was some joker playing ‘pipe drums’ all night on the communal pipe work that ran through every adjoining chalet, that git thought he was Cozy Powell on steroids.

We never did find out who they were.

The Good Old Day's Col ??? HOLLY

PS i was at the other end of the spectrum colin . i was a rocker . we went on weekends away on the bikes  to camp . no girls or very few . just a great big tent a band and beer , beer , beer . only thing better than that was the isle of man in june . for the TT .

On 12/8/2018 at 5:58 PM, holly said:

The Good Old Day's Col ??? HOLLY

PS i was at the other end of the spectrum colin . i was a rocker . we went on weekends away on the bikes  to camp . no girls or very few . just a great big tent a band and beer , beer , beer . only thing better than that was the isle of man in june . for the TT .

Different era but I get what you mean.

TT looks great but standing around all day waiting for the bikes to flash by in a fraction of a second doesn’t appeal, I’d more rather watch it on the box where you can see the whole race.

Got to admire those racers though, absolute balls of steel to do the speeds they do down country roads.

On the island you are part of the racing and the scenery . and you forgot the glorious sound . like a wailing wall coming towards you . when the riders pass you only inches away . it rocks you  . and when the racing is finished . you get to ride that same track back to the hotel and , beer , beer , beer / HOLLY 

PS  sorry ladies you cannot compare . 

Just now, holly said:

On the island you are part of the racing and the scenery . and you forgot the glorious sound . like a wailing wall coming towards you . when the riders pass you only inches away . it rocks you  . and when the racing is finished . you get to ride that same track back to the hotel and , beer , beer , beer / HOLLY 

PS  sorry ladies you cannot compare . 

I thought it was only a real TT trip it if involved camping out in a scrape in the ground for the week and catching your meals by hand and eating raw or am I imagining German manoeouvres again?  :grin:

No Col. mostly we went to a good hotel . back in 63 that was £5 pounds a week , full board  and the ferry was a fiver . if not so well off we would stay at the camp site at sulby glen . great pub . just down the road  ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

No Col. mostly we went to a good hotel . back in 63 that was £5 pounds a week , full board  and the ferry was a fiver . if not so well off we would stay at the camp site at sulby glen . great pub . just down the road  ??? HOLLY

Fiver a week?

That won't even buy you a pint and a bag of crisps now...:grin:

True BUT it was almost a weeks wages for me then ??? HOLLY

4 hours ago, holly said:

True BUT it was almost a weeks wages for me then ??? HOLLY

I can remember my Mum getting £15 a week in the late 60's and our weekly shop was about £5 at that new fangled place called a 'supermarket' along the London Road in Westcliff.

The road a thriving hive of butchers, greengrocers, bakers and even a fishmongers, they all said the 'International' wouldn't last five minutes but it did and they were the ones that went eventually.

It is the law of economics Col ??? HOLLY

PS Pile it high , sell it cheap .

Just now, DTM said:

/me pulls up a sandbag

Ties to Holly’s ankles?

Now that’s an idea....😉

hes so full of hot air you'd need more than 1

An HFT shooter saying i am full of hot air . oh my aching sides ??? HOLLY 

PS that nasty old spring gun has addled his brain .:Spike

10 hours ago, DTM said:

hes so full of hot air you'd need more than 1

True, maybe he could be persuaded that it was a guaranteed way to gain a bit of height...🤣