Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Rifles

So...revisited heavies today.

Tried them a while ago and the couple of batches I had were like one of Holly’s groups .i.e a shotgun, so I quickly discounted and went on to settle with JSB Expresses.

Anyways, had an hour this afternoon in my garden so did a test with JSB Expresses, heavies and finally sniper mediums.

Shot three groups off the knee at 30yds, Expresses were a tight clover, snipers were a shotgun and surprise the heavies were a single hole.

i suspect that it’s down to the cleanliness, or not of the barrel as it has only had a single VFG felt through it after last Sunday.

i find that the Expresses need a properly clean barrel to perform but more importantly it would seem that the havies favour a bit o’ dirt.

Obviuosly 55yds is a world of difference from 30yds but I shall have to investigate this further....🤔 

That’s what I found when I tested them a couple of years ago. Very accurate pellets and seemed very predictable around the 35-40 yard mark. Not a lot of difference at longer ranges than 8.4’s and no noticeable advantage regarding wind either. My gun runs around 11.2 ft1b with 8.4’s but these pushed it to 12.3 ft1b as I weren’t gonna use them I didn’t adjust power. Excellent pellets though and really well made. I shot round with Andraos he was using them and he had about 4 splits and they all went over. Range finding has to be spot on though. 

Theyre -rubbish-, dont waste your time

My thoughts exactly DC 😉

1 hour ago, dc1 said:

Theyre -rubbish-, dont waste your time

1 hour ago, NatS said:

My thoughts exactly DC 😉

Funny that....:rofl2:

The key to shooting the heavies is a good range finding scope . i like em . i sent the Chopper a tin to try ??? HOLLY

12 hours ago, holly said:

The key to shooting the heavies is a good range finding scope . i like em . i sent the Chopper a tin to try ??? HOLLY

I'll like them if they're now as good as 55 as they are at 30.

They  were better at 55 on our range . producing one hole groups off a bench . they do fall down on very open blustery grounds i think . but in a wood , excellent ??? HOLLY

First day In Poland I found in the light switching wind they were better than the 8.44's. My partner was choosing edges or just outside and missed quite a few due to choosing incorrectly. I didnt come out of kill all day and put in a respectable score :) Missed all the standers but I never hit them anyway.

Edited by DTM
  • Haha 1

Yes in my tests i found really is was twitchy winds that they were best in . they seem to be able to ignore slight winds . pays your money and takes your choice ??? HOLLY

12 hours ago, holly said:

Yes in my tests i found really is was twitchy winds that they were best in . they seem to be able to ignore slight winds . pays your money and takes your choice ??? HOLLY

I will give them a good going over at range Saturday and see what I conclude; seems to be that if your barrel likes them you're minted.

Remember Col . you have gotta be yard ( or more ) perfect .but good luck . hope you get back up there ??? HOLLY

19 hours ago, holly said:

Remember Col . you have gotta be yard ( or more ) perfect .but good luck . hope you get back up there ??? HOLLY

Ranging has never been a problem as I have the best reticle for a backup bracket...👍

I think they will be a better pellet for you in the long run . with more predictable windage ??? HOLLY

26 minutes ago, holly said:

I think they will be a better pellet for you in the long run . with more predictable windage ??? HOLLY

Possibly, we shall see. I do so hate following fashion...:grin:

Well Col , you are running out of things to try . so if it works , it works ??? HOLLY

10 minutes ago, holly said:

Well Col , you are running out of things to try . so if it works , it works ??? HOLLY

I never run out of options mate, much like yourself adversity is the mother of invention....:grin:

Then get your ass into gear and invent ??? HOLLY

28 minutes ago, holly said:

Then get your ass into gear and invent ??? HOLLY

Is that better than outventing from your ass?   :rolleyes:

Your Jokes Colin are around the same as your shooting at the mo . Dire ??? HOLLY:beatdeadhorse:

8 hours ago, holly said:

Your Jokes Colin are around the same as your shooting at the mo . Dire ??? HOLLY:beatdeadhorse:

I object to the ‘at the moment’, they’ve always been dire...😉

This weekend is a fresh start . walk onto the zero range . look left and right and tell all and sundry . that you see only losers . ??? HOLLY  :Grumpgramp:

PS Then Run .:Spike

6 minutes ago, holly said:

This weekend is a fresh start . walk onto the zero range . look left and right and tell all and sundry . that you see only losers . ??? HOLLY  :Grumpgramp:

PS Then Run .:Spike

Funnily enough someone else up t'North started doing that and it didn't end well for them...:grin:

Desperate Darron ? surely not . i thought he was all conquering . a true  FT warrior .??? HOLLY

9 minutes ago, holly said:

Desperate Darron ? surely not . i thought he was all conquering . a true  FT warrior .??? HOLLY

It wasn't our Daz, even he's not that dense to wander onto a zero range and declare 'I don't know why you ******'s bothered turning up now I'm here'.

Now with you it would be hilarious because you're deluded...:grin:

we want Names . name the names and do the walk of shame ??? HOLLY

49 minutes ago, holly said:

we want Names . name the names and do the walk of shame ??? HOLLY

Sorry, no names, no pack drill....:grin:

Well I've been trying to get hold of the same batch I've currently got... seems they're all out.  Poop!!

What batch you after Nat I have 9 tins of 66050018 for sale 

That's the ones :) don't suppose you'd post??