Sign in to follow this  
holly

Main shoot rules

Just as i thought i was doing better on the standers . i saw the new main shoot rules . minis on standers and kneeling lanes . Ohhhhhhh Mother . anyone for Open ??? HOLLY

Haha I thought the same!

You could do open Nat's might stop Ian Challis winning em all ??? HOLLY

Thought had crossed my mind  😉

If you win a GP in open . you get a very nice glass plate and stand  . the feeling of relief when you get to a long stander is palpable . excellent another gimme .  then watch the pinched features of your shooting partners . yes there are some good things in open Nat's ??? HOLLY

It should be classed as "PCP" open as springers aren't eligible for open class :(

We had 25mm standers at the Worlds in Wales, typically I missed pretty much all the 40mm full-size standers and hit all the 25mm ones, go figure...🤔

1 hour ago, DTM said:

It should be classed as "PCP" open as springers aren't eligible for open class :(

Who says? I've not seen anything that says they can't be used for open.

Springers aren't eligible for PCP class, that was a recent rule change, which makes perfect sense.

Nope . no springer's in Open Class thank you . nasty noisy smelly things . urgggh ??? HOLLY

19 hours ago, Eaton Rifles said:

We had 25mm standers at the Worlds in Wales, typically I missed pretty much all the 40mm full-size standers and hit all the 25mm ones, go figure...🤔

Simple it’s a case of aim small miss small. If all you had was a 25mm to kill at but the target actually fell if you hit 40mm around it you would be surprised how many more standers you hit.

You been at the christmas Booze Darron ? not sure that makes a lot of sense ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, Darron said:

Simple it’s a case of aim small miss small. If all you had was a 25mm to kill at but the target actually fell if you hit 40mm around it you would be surprised how many more standers you hit.

Funnily enough Mr Evans said the same and for a change I think he was right.

Maybe we need a contrasting painted circle in the middle....😉

Funnily enough.. standers weren't my issue today, just everything else!

Standers Nat's are ALWAYS an issue ??? HOLLY

PS Ban standers . Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh .

12 hours ago, holly said:

Standers Nat's are ALWAYS an issue ??? HOLLY

PS Ban standers . Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh .

....Or create open class.....Yaaaaay....😉

Now we are talking ??? HOLLY

I must admit that after the shoot Sunday where there were more than a few reducers I felt a bit more confident on them than usual though having to give wind on a 30yd reducer does always add a certain amount of pucker value to the shot.

With the way GP's were going with scores I guess more and more reducers will be the norm until we end up at HFT proportions I guess.

Only if the shooters turn up for those events Col ??? HOLLY

31 minutes ago, Eaton Rifles said:

I must admit that after the shoot Sunday where there were more than a few reducers I felt a bit more confident on them than usual though having to give wind on a 30yd reducer does always add a certain amount of pucker value to the shot.

With the way GP's were going with scores I guess more and more reducers will be the norm until we end up at HFT proportions I guess.

I don't think this will ever happen, 8 and 2 is just about right. Very few people have cleared a GP so I can see no reason to make them any harder, if anything they need to be made more creative and interesting to shoot than the boring growler where you wish you'd zero'd at 47yds.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PelletOnPellet said:

I don't think this will ever happen, 8 and 2 is just about right. Very few people have cleared a GP so I can see no reason to make them any harder, if anything they need to be made more creative and interesting to shoot than the boring growler where you wish you'd zero'd at 47yds.

Agreed Martin, my initial look at the course seemed like there were reducers on every other lane, but after a pre-shoot inspection the numbers were right.

Poor Dan must have wondered what he'd wandered into.

1 hour ago, Eaton Rifles said:

Agreed Martin, my initial look at the course seemed like there were reducers on every other lane, but after a pre-shoot inspection the numbers were right.

Poor Dan must have wondered what he'd wandered into.

I think if you put them all close together it can really feel like that, I think doing that knocks peoples duck off a little, especially if it's your last 10 lanes.

Well it certainly didn’t do Dan any favours Sunday though I did hear he had gun issues as well.

The issue he had was probably talking to croucher . the looser  rubbed off on him ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

The issue he had was probably talking to croucher . the looser  rubbed off on him ??? HOLLY

Was a funny day going by the scores, all the usual suspects seem to have suffered either with the course, equipment or weather.

Always a good day when the Groucher gets his ass handed to him colin . oh yes ??? HOLLY

6 hours ago, holly said:

Always a good day when the Groucher gets his ass handed to him colin . oh yes ??? HOLLY

I hear DC has had to make an emergency divert to the Rock to personally hand something to you and apparently it’s ticking.

Expecting a new alarm clock are we?  🤔

He cannot make it Col , cos he is still stuck in a Cafe ??? HOLLY

That’s ok. I won’t feel so bad when I miss standers 😂

9 hours ago, springboy said:

That’s ok. I won’t feel so bad when I miss standers 😂

Random Stan, has that tarmac dust finally taken effect?

On 12/4/2018 at 12:08 PM, PelletOnPellet said:

Whilst I enjoyed all the GPs I did this year none seemed to need long targets. For me the bits that stood out.

Rivington - windy but some great targets hit

Nelson - HOT

East Devon - great mixture but warm

Bisley - never shot the last 5-8 lane area before.

Far Coley - The pond and bomb hole

Anston - Never been but will. Shock of 2 sub 35yds on a lane had us looking for the standing sign.

Springfield - Seeing labradar chrono in action