Sign in to follow this  
holly

Central Winter League . this sunday , at the Buccs

Right Brothers and sisters of the slug . this is the one of interest . i think they will be trialing the GP course for next year . supposed to be according to bazza a hell of a course .  so if you think you are up to it . this is your chance to get away from mickey mouse courses and get some in . be there or be square ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

Right Brothers and sisters of the slug . this is the one of interest . i think they will be trialing the GP course for next year . supposed to be according to bazza a hell of a course .  so if you think you are up to it . this is your chance to get away from mickey mouse courses and get some in . be there or be square ??? HOLLY

Sorry mate, I'm errr washing my hair otherwise you know I'd be there....:grin:

Might see the groucher and simon ??? HOLLY

3 hours ago, holly said:

Might see the groucher and simon ??? HOLLY

You  might, those boys turn up at the opening of an envelope so the promise of a burger is like nectar to a bee...:grin:

At Northfield i think it was they had a hut , as i passed it on the course . i had a cup of tea and a burger . yum . i was in C grade then . i am heading that way now .??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

At Northfield i think it was they had a hut , as i passed it on the course . i had a cup of tea and a burger . yum . i was in C grade then . i am heading that way now .??? HOLLY

Sounds like a plan, a bit like inflight refuelling I like....:grin:

No time for that at the Buccs this weekend . only time for knocking down serious targets ??? HOLLY

9 hours ago, holly said:

No time for that at the Buccs this weekend . only time for knocking down serious targets ??? HOLLY

So, Schultz/March 60 time or have you bottled it and headed for Steyr sanctuary already?

Bear in mind that Sunday will be 3 degrees rising to 7 at the most....👍

Mr Shutz will be on the course sunday all things being equal . after Neil gave it a look over , it has been running spot on at 772 FPS . shooting well . only down side is the old git behind it ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

Mr Shutz will be on the course sunday all things being equal . after Neil gave it a look over , it has been running spot on at 772 FPS . shooting well . only down side is the old git behind it ??? HOLLY

Well, there always has to be one weak link, still I’m sure you’ll give it your best shot mate...🏆

It is all i can do . looking forward to it . fingers and everything else crossed ??? HOLLY 

PS Andy says he is now shooting spot on . so it will be nip and tuck .

3 hours ago, holly said:

It is all i can do . looking forward to it . fingers and everything else crossed ??? HOLLY 

Sounds like a head to head and with the cold a worthy Winter League fixture....:grin:

3 hours ago, holly said:

No Andy said he believes he has found why he was missing high on standers. Time will tell.

However digging out the old thermals ready. 

The club has gone soft . thermals without a drop of snow on the ground ? noway hosay . shorts should be the order of the day ??? HOLLY

Shame to say i cannot now go . never mind i am sure bazza and andy will put in a good score ??? HOLLY

Looks like a solo run to buccs , assuming i get up in time

Says the weather should be OK in the morning up to one Dave ??? HOLLY

All this building up for weeks, practicing until your fingers bleed and now you can’t go?

Sounds like you’re going soft or is it the prospect of 2 degrees and freezing rain....🤣

We were down there today, didn't relish the idea of rain in 3 degs but that's course building for you. 

The ground is pretty sheltered, despite there being less foliage on the ground the rain didn't seem to get in and it was far from unpleasant. As tomorrow is supposed to be drier I'm quite looking forward to it. The course is in the other side of the woods from the plinking range and will shoot almost 360 degrees and looks interesting.

9 hours ago, robF said:

We were down there today, didn't relish the idea of rain in 3 degs but that's course building for you. 

The ground is pretty sheltered, despite there being less foliage on the ground the rain didn't seem to get in and it was far from unpleasant. As tomorrow is supposed to be drier I'm quite looking forward to it. The course is in the other side of the woods from the plinking range and will shoot almost 360 degrees and looks interesting.

Sounds promising Rob especially if it's supposed to be the GP tester. Pity that our Champ. couldn't make it to show everyone how it's done...:grin:

17 hours ago, Eaton Rifles said:

All this building up for weeks, practicing until your fingers bleed and now you can’t go?

Sounds like you’re going soft or is it the prospect of 2 degrees and freezing rain....🤣

No could no go family matters . shame as i was looking forward to a new course . ??? HOLLY

Shame you couldn't make it Hols, hope things get better and you can make the next one.

Well I enjoyed the course seems a lot of things went right for me today.

No Holly so a quiet trip.

Hit all kneelers standing

Hit only 1 standers but got two as a faceplate hit on the other and it fell over.

Missed only 2 others due to wind drift.

Finished on a 36 and beat Bazzas 35.

Pity the wind did not join us.

• Thanks 1

Yes thank you Rob , believe me so do i , Andy did well . getting the kneeler's standing is excellent . only two off the top score . could be the first step to AA grade . this should make him fave for the Club Christmas champs . as for Big Bazza . i don't know . is the old chap past it ? has he been listening to Colin . Hmmm ??? HOLLY