Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Rifles

Big bad Dave might be staging a come-back...

Not Dave Cordery ??? HOLLY

If it is Mad Bad Dave . i had his old Ripper for a while . last seen he was at Springfield . he bought a EV2  and my spare 20=50 . good out fit ??? HOLLY

Well he's registered on the SEFTA site so he mustbe keen.

Or Mad Nat's ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

Not Dave Cordery ??? HOLLY

Bingo, got it in one.

He contacted me last night asking about gear, who's still on the scene etc.

We quickly went from 9015 and March 80 to EV2 and an indeterminate scope but what the hell it makes no difference what you shoot initially right.

So, does anyone know of a nice EV2 going begging as Dave needs one and he sounds like a lad in a hurry.

For those that don't know Dave was an old skool shooter who's main claim to fame was playing rounders for the Southern Fairies at one World's at Newbury and knocking the ball all over the county. That boy should have been in major league baseball.

Is that Dave with the glasses?

Just now, springboy said:

Is that Dave with the glasses?

Yes, always wore a red baseball cap, went out with Fleur who was Bazza's Shirley's daughter.

Nikki saw I was talking to him last night and said that if he came back to FT she would feel obliged to also make a return to whoop his ass as she had done a few times.

I reminded Dave of this and he remembered very clearly the crushing humiliation of losing a shoot-off to a 'girl' at an Iceni shoot back in the day.

The funny thing was that Chris Lowe also suffered a similar defeat a few months later at ETL and he was one of the most vocal that day.

Be good to see him again. Last I saw him was when Springfield had the ground at the koi farm 

No stan he came back to springfiel;d as is . he was there for around a month . bit like richard douglas did too . careful with EV2s . lot of em about but not many good ones . he is not a small lad so he could handle a FTP 900 . grandad has got a spare 2002 in a nice stock . got a silencer on it and with that on it shoots spot on . he got it for Matt . but he now has Peters old steyr ??? HOLLY

Not a bad rifle Col . but not the quality of a good 2002 ??? HOLLY

I would have matched my Blue stock RN against a 2002. 

Yeah well you sold it so you can't Keith ??? HOLLY

It's the old story that pretty much any sorted rifle will shoot similar for what we want from them.

Ah but there are rifles and rifles . remember you had a lot more success with your old 2002 ??? HOLLY 

PS not too late to buy it back off the groucher .

Just now, holly said:

Ah but there are rifles and rifles . remember you had a lot more success with your old 2002 ??? HOLLY 

PS not too late to buy it back off the groucher .

Not that 2002, that was the one I bought off Stuart that had the WE stock.

My best 2002 was the blue one with the x40 comp., that was the best one.

22 hours ago, holly said:

No stan he came back to springfiel;d as is . he was there for around a month . bit like richard douglas did too . careful with EV2s . lot of em about but not many good ones . he is not a small lad so he could handle a FTP 900 . grandad has got a spare 2002 in a nice stock . got a silencer on it and with that on it shoots spot on . he got it for Matt . but he now has Peters old steyr ??? HOLLY

FTP900? You’d have to have had a labotomy to even go there when a 9015 is only £100 dearer. I know they’re cheaper secondhand but that proves my point

I think he wants to start cheap and take it from there, so hence the EV or Pro-Target route.

2002 £600 in a target stock . cheap as chips ??? HOLLY

10 hours ago, holly said:

2002 £600 in a target stock . cheap as chips ??? HOLLY

He’s bought the Pro-Target and is looking at a 20-50 to top it off, so hopefully we’ll see him down at Springfield after Christmas if not before. 

2 hours ago, RN10 said:

Some come back some are leaving .

As the Eagles always said you can check out but never leave, that's FT...:grin:

Keith is leaving and Simon is having his Shutz for spares and i am having his lupe . nice one ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

Keith is leaving and Simon is having his Shutz for spares and i am having his lupe . nice one ??? HOLLY

Vultures all o ye...😳

And Colin you can have Keith Wig ??? HOLLY

3 hours ago, holly said:

And Colin you can have Keith Wig ??? HOLLY

No apparently he's given it to you along with his uncle's spare teeth...:grin:

No worried about the hair . one less thing to do in the morning . might take you up on a nice pair of choppers ??? HOLLY

Dave now has a gleaming 20-50 courtesy of that nice Mr Walker, so he has the rifle and now the scope and he's headed to Springfield next Sunday for the Christmas shoot so it will be interesting to see if he still has the fire to compete, I'm sure he has as FT is like crack, once you've had that first hit you always want more....:grin:

Your not talking about Big Pauls Crack are you ??? HOLLY