Sign in to follow this  
holly

The Pellets ?

Well there is another new pellet out . from QYS .. uttings are supposed to have em . but don't . matt manning on the airgun show was raving about em .they are from china . now you would think this might be a chance to get the price of pellets down , right . wrong , but i will when they become available try a tin ??? HOLLY 

Forgot to add  4.50s  , 8.48 grain . 775 fps gives 11.31 ??? HOLLY

The only way these will be cheap is direct from China in bulk and then you'll get hammered on the freight.

By rights the European pellets 'should' be cheap except that there are too many people with fingers in the pie.

As i understand it . it is down to AA and Rightstate driving the price up . why do you think the price shot up ??? HOLLY

At a recommended retail of £11.99 for 500, more expensive than JSBs - somebody is raking it in

11 hours ago, SuffolkRifle said:

At a recommended retail of £11.99 for 500, more expensive than JSBs - somebody is raking it in

Yep exactly, just over ten years ago pellets were £3.50 for a tin, the price of raw materials went up as China went into over-drive, but since then they've normalised but of course prices haven't dropped to match. 

No wonder they call England treasure island ??? HOLLY

4 hours ago, holly said:

No wonder they call England treasure island ??? HOLLY

Yep that’s the problem, we pay top dollar for everything and subsidise everyone else.

America and france have the right idea . get your -bottom- out the door and protest .??? HOLLY 

PS now where did i put my yellow vest .

I have tried these pellets. Very very well made, very consistent in weight and head size, moreso than jsb. I think they just a morph of their 10m match pellets. My fwb 800 prefers them to any other pellet. A real tack driver ( 5p peice at 50m 30 shots) The only fly in the ointment is they seem to be very barrel fussy seeming to prefer the tighter match type barrels. With my Ftp I get occasional flyers whereas the fwb I get none. 

Holly pm your address Ill send you some 

Done  ,Cheers young man good of you . i am pretty happy with the air arms  . but as ever we are always seeking the Edge . ??? HOLLY

posted today

On 1/2/2019 at 10:48 AM, DTM said:

I have tried these pellets. Very very well made, very consistent in weight and head size, moreso than jsb. I think they just a morph of their 10m match pellets. My fwb 800 prefers them to any other pellet. A real tack driver ( 5p peice at 50m 30 shots) The only fly in the ointment is they seem to be very barrel fussy seeming to prefer the tighter match type barrels. With my Ftp I get occasional flyers whereas the fwb I get none. 

Holly pm your address Ill send you some 

Sounds encouraging but not surprising to be honest.

The Chinese excell at taking something and making it better/cheaper. The only problem you get is when things like dies start to wear and they won't replace them.

Judging by how well the Chinese shooters are doing Worldwide it wouldn't surprise me if these pellets were from the same stable that produce their match pellets.

Ive bought enough boxes to last me a good while :)

Just now, DTM said:

Ive bought enough boxes to last me a good while :)

Cheers for that . i look forward to it . always amazes me that some shooters will not try new things . ??? HOLLY

PS See how long it take uttings to get some more ?

Well that was quick , pellets arrived  today . gotta say a VERY good looking pellet . i  really like the thick well formed skirt seat . shame i cannot try em till next week . ??? HOLLY 

PS Cheers for that DTM good of you . will return the favour if i can . :thumb:

PSS . will try weighing some later on ..

Looking at the specs, if they are 'true' to size at 4.50, they won't probably suit any of my guns, as they all seem to prefer at least 4.52 pellets,  though might see about getting a tin or two, just to see if any of the guns will group well with them. 

Suck it and see . i am not so sure it is the head size in a lot of rifles but the fit from the tail that gives some rifles good windage . i do like a good strong skirt on a pellet . 775 is what i run my rifles at  anyway . it is the lother walther barrel that i think these pellets might suit . yes i have a good feeling about these pellets . ??? HOLLY

On 1/5/2019 at 1:22 AM, holly said:

Suck it and see . i am not so sure it is the head size in a lot of rifles but the fit from the tail that gives some rifles good windage . i do like a good strong skirt on a pellet . 775 is what i run my rifles at  anyway . it is the lother walther barrel that i think these pellets might suit . yes i have a good feeling about these pellets . ??? HOLLY

Well they are from the same stable that make their Olympic winning pellets so you never know.

I might have to make some direct enquiries about these ands see what the minimum is they'll ship to the UK...:grin:

But first a tin to make sure they are what they say they are  . gonna try the ones DTM sent me tuesday ( steyr ) and wednesday . ( shutz ) . supposed to be windyish . so we will see ??? HOLLY 

Anyone got a pic of the lid? 

37 minutes ago, springboy said:

Anyone got a pic of the lid? 

QYS-FT-Domed-Hi-Res.Plastic-Tub.jpg

👍

Those are the same as the ones Ron at our club had the other week. He gave grandad a few to try in his 800. They looked well made but the skirts where thicker than average. 

Yes much thicker Stan . i like that . whether they will like my barrel is another thing . hopefully so . find out tomorrow on the WL barrel ??? HOLLY

No Uttings have em at £9 something . plus a deal for 10 tins or more . usual rip off . but at least no worse than anybody else . cept daystate ??? HOLLY

2 minutes ago, holly said:

No Uttings have em at £9 something . plus a deal for 10 tins or more . usual rip off . but at least no worse than anybody else . cept daystate ??? HOLLY

Except that they're out of stock.....:rolleyes:

Perzackerly dear boy ??? HOLLY