Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Rifles

SEFTA WL Round 6 - 13th January....

13 minutes ago, holly said:

May the Gods of wind go with you . i would recomend a smelly smoke before starting but of course that would be a bit naughty . good treatment for your problem . will be legal   sooner or late .??? HOLLY:thumb: 

Yep it probably would help!

5 hours ago, holly said:

PSS And wind and Lights Col ?

You called?  :grin:

2 hours ago, NatS said:

Yep it probably would help!

But you'd probably be giggling at the targets:awink::qq:

On 1/11/2019 at 2:36 PM, Eaton Rifles said:

Has he looked at the weather forecast?

At this rate you'll have to deploy sea anchors on the Rock for the weekend....:grin:

So still as a still thing then Mr E

My Money is on the Sy-Co . his standers are his Rock ??? HOLLY

I have mentioned the story of chocolate Tim .who when we went to the Welsh GP . decided to have a quick smoke before hand . to calm his nerves .  well he was calm OK. when we had finished the course , we asked Tim how he had done . 9 he he said ex 40 . he said i knew it was lousy but i did not care ??? HOLLY:Spike

Well, that was a windy one, lots of taking shed loads on one target and going straight on the next, lovely stuff.

Dan and Ian C. topped the day on  34, I felt happy to keep in the threes with a 30...👍

Yes it was a tad windy today. I was happy with my 31 which was better than last weeks efforts with less wind. I found the wind to be predidictable which helped a bit 

Good one Stan . grandad was not happy ??? HOLLY 

So was it a Day for the Heavies ??? HOLLY

Well Dan got top score with his  😉

Yes well done to the beard to be feared BUT what did the Natinator get ? HOLLY

PS and of course the Groucher .

scores are up on STB

A cheeky little 91.1%

Brutal today I thoigjt, though course was about perfect for conditions. Well done ETL 

Edited by dc1
  • Like 1

So it would seem after a windy shoot that the 8.4s are the better pellet ??? HOLLY

Definitely holly, you stick with them  :)

2 hours ago, dc1 said:

A cheeky little 91.1%

Brutal today I thoigjt, though course was about perfect for conditions. Well done ETL 

91.1%............ how quaint..

52 minutes ago, holly said:

So it would seem after a windy shoot that the 8.4s are the better pellet ??? HOLLY

Well if you consider that joint top was with a heavy and an 8.4, it would seem that as usual youre talking -rubbish-

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Well if you consider that joint top was with a heavy and an 8.4, it would seem that as usual youre talking -rubbish-

Diplomatic....

1 hour ago, NatS said:

Simple economics Nat's . i have got so many . i have to stick with em ??? HOLLY

30 minutes ago, dc1 said:

I wonder why dave it was top heavy with 8.4s . hmmmm  ??? HOLLY 

PS Did Simon beat you Again Dave . this won't look good on the old resume . and with an old fire stick like a 2002 / lupe . 

2 hours ago, holly said:

I wonder why dave it was top heavy with 8.4s . hmmmm  ??? HOLLY 

PS Did Simon beat you Again Dave . this won't look good on the old resume . and with an old fire stick like a 2002 / lupe . 

"an old fire stick"...................... unbelievable!

giphy.gif

He's just jealous Si as he spends his entire week tweaking this, gluing that and then finds during testing it makes diddly squat difference.

Whereas your good self just picks the rifle up every couple of weeks, tops it up, uses pellets direct from the tin and yet still puts in half decent scores....:grin:

Well to be honest Holly, I'm a great believer in doing what's right for you.   Some might get on with expresses, some with heavies.  No right or wrong, whatever suits you

Personally yesterday was a good test, found some shots where I over egged it and also some where I needed to give more.  Still learning, but most important of all... still enjoying. 

• Thanks 1

Jealous ? nope done all that . like to do a comp now and again GP wise but they are too long and too hot nowadays . the best of it was marshalling and 40 targets . this nowadays is far too slow . as for pellets . go with the flow . 8.4s will remain top sellers i think . mainly cos your range finding must be very good , for the big uns . still who knows perfection may be around the corner ??? HOLLY

4 hours ago, holly said:

Jealous ? nope done all that . like to do a comp now and again GP wise but they are too long and too hot nowadays . the best of it was marshalling and 40 targets . this nowadays is far too slow . as for pellets . go with the flow . 8.4s will remain top sellers i think . mainly cos your range finding must be very good , for the big uns . still who knows perfection may be around the corner ??? HOLLY

Well you will decide to shoot Devon in the middle of a heatwave whilst wearing your winter finest....:grin:

I think you were lucky to survive that to be honest.

Last year was not a problem . the year before nearly killed me , literally . the bike is making me fitter . ??? HOLLY 

PS I expect to kick your old ass as usual this year Col .:Spike

16 hours ago, holly said:

Last year was not a problem . the year before nearly killed me , literally . the bike is making me fitter . ??? HOLLY 

PS I expect to kick your old ass as usual this year Col .:Spike

I think you have selective memory kicking in there Holls, the only ass-kicking I remember is yours from both myself and my partner in crime the wee canny Scot aka Neil Mac....:grin:

No i don't remember any of that . you must have had a brain out Col ??? HOLLY:Spike

4 hours ago, holly said:

No i don't remember any of that, I must have had a brain out Col ??? HOLLY:Spike

It was either rather sprinting to the car at the Euros or East Devon that would have caused this brain-fade...🤣