Sign in to follow this  
holly

Now there is a Funny Thing ?

Got the Steyr out last night to have one more go at fitting the smaller wheel on the March  ( which came off twice in Comps ) . after much fiddling ,  it was clear it would never stay on as is  . sending it off to grandad for some work to get it to fit . as i like a small side wheel . smaller the wheel , smaller the error . anyway i thought as i have it out . i will adjust the back lens , so the cross hairs are clearer . took off the rubber eye piece and looked through it to adjust . now i had not touched it and the cross hairs were now clear and black . moreover the image which i have always thought was dark . was a lot lighter . i had not done anything except take the rubber eye piece off . the eye piece was level and not cutting off any of the vision . so why should it make the image brighter and the cross hairs focused . ohwer mother ??? HOLLY

PS Look's like i am gonna join the hoodie boys .

Edited by holly

does big ben have more error when you look at it than your analogue wrist watch?

I cannot see it at all from the IOW Rob ??? HOLLY:soj::thumb:

Cos you inadventadly twisted the ocular adjuster pulling it off maybe

You really do have weird eyes as most (i.e. all) normal shooters find that the scope view is ‘enhanced’ using a scope ‘enhancer’, the clue is in the name.

Because spurious light is eliminated so that only the scope’s image assails the eyes then it appears more vibrant, contrasty and punchy, a bit like you after a few Ziders.

Anyways, I digress, I’m with DC on this one, I.e.it wasn’t set right in the first place and pulling the boot off you actually focussed it properly....😉

Nope the occy Bell was locked . it may be conversing with you and bazza that has addled my brain . either way if it works . no 80 mag . will give it a whirl tomorrow i think . cos it is gonna be rainy and dull tomorrow ??? HOLLY 

PS out my back window at about 47 yards is a massive old fir tree . it's branches hang down a long way almost to the ground . the bark on the base of the tree is always in the shadow . not easy to range on , even though it is very ridged ( i would love to put a target on it ) now the lupe will range it . but the march always has a job . but today it did it easily . so am i dreaming . will see tomorrow .

11 hours ago, holly said:

Nope the occy Bell was locked . it may be conversing with you and bazza that has addled my brain . either way if it works . no 80 mag . will give it a whirl tomorrow i think . cos it is gonna be rainy and dull tomorrow ??? HOLLY 

PS out my back window at about 47 yards is a massive old fir tree . it's branches hang down a long way almost to the ground . the bark on the base of the tree is always in the shadow . not easy to range on , even though it is very ridged ( i would love to put a target on it ) now the lupe will range it . but the march always has a job . but today it did it easily . so am i dreaming . will see tomorrow .

Maybe, maybe all this exercise with the electric bike has finally improved your eyeballs, either that or time away from the 'dodgy' sites while out on the bike...:grin:

Dunno , we will find out if it is wishful thinking tomorrow ??? HOLLY

21 hours ago, holly said:

Dunno , we will find out if it is wishful thinking tomorrow ??? HOLLY

Well, lovely and sunny out there today or is the new excuse now that it is just too damn bright....:grin:

No the image is slightly brighter without the eye shade . but really in all conditions , 30 mag for me is best . i only use it in the summer anyway ??? HOLLY

7 minutes ago, holly said:

No the image is slightly brighter without the eye shade . but really in all conditions , 30 mag for me is best . i only use it in the summer anyway ??? HOLLY

Still should be the other way round....:rolleyes:

Nope it changes very little in the heat ??? HOLLY

2 minutes ago, holly said:

Nope it changes very little in the heat ??? HOLLY

Keep up Holls, we're talking about light not heat....:grin:

Same difference to the march . only thing it does not like is low winter sun . it will white out . the lupe on the other hand does not like changes in light or heat/cold .??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

Same difference to the march . only thing it does not like is low winter sun . it will white out . the lupe on the other hand does not like changes in light or heat/cold .??? HOLLY

Marches are amongst the best at not whiting-out as their very expensive lenses resist the flare that causes the problem. 

I reckon you must have one of those Chinese Marches called a Manche?  👍