Sign in to follow this  
holly

SEFTA Regional Team & Kit . Prizes .

The regionals is galloping up , back in the day when i was Comp sec . i was given around £750 for prizes and team kit . now old john walker stopped that . saying that it was needed for the region to buy some land or some such . which of course will never happen . now john has gone . so why not put it to the next meeting that the winter league money once again is used for what it meant for . prizes and kit . ??? HOLLY 

PS or at the very least a hat and petrol money . have a look at the kit that is still going around that was given out to team members . hats . the black and whits jackets . shirts . fleeces . and so on . i am sitting in one of the blue hooded light summer fleeces as i write . all with the SEFTA emblem on . 

Its that time of year again😁

• Like 1

You wouldn't be sitting on the Rock petrol can in one hand, match the other by any chance....:rolleyes:

Personally I think there should be a small allowance to go towards fuel costs for the team.

Nothing as lavish as George's £180 to cover the cost of his 4.2L Jaguar run to BFTA meetings but you get the idea.

Apart from losing Choppers to Fenlands I think we have a fairly good chance of picking up a gong considering the wealth of talent available in SEFTA at the moment.

It just depends on people having the willingness to travel for the Region. At least this year it's Blackrock so fairly close to Brum and only a couple of hours on a Sunday morning if you're not doing the Masters.

2 hours ago, dc1 said:

Its that time of year again😁

That's funny dave , you always seemed happy to wear it ??? HOLLY 

PS Still got the Black fleece have you ?

2 hours ago, Eaton Rifles said:

You wouldn't be sitting on the Rock petrol can in one hand, match the other by any chance....:rolleyes:

Personally I think there should be a small allowance to go towards fuel costs for the team.

Nothing as lavish as George's £180 to cover the cost of his 4.2L Jaguar run to BFTA meetings but you get the idea.

Apart from losing Choppers to Fenlands I think we have a fairly good chance of picking up a gong considering the wealth of talent available in SEFTA at the moment.

It just depends on people having the willingness to travel for the Region. At least this year it's Blackrock so fairly close to Brum and only a couple of hours on a Sunday morning if you're not doing the Masters.

Colin you are selling your self short But if that is what you all want to do ., good luck ??? HOLLY

3 hours ago, Eaton Rifles said:

Apart from losing Choppers to Fenlands

Say what??

Funny I have been moaned at this week for wearing my 2006 Blue top all the time. Black and white coats have worn well. 

Good Kit Keith ??? HOLLY 

PS Choppin is shooting fenlands this winter . he says shooting the same grounds is hampering progress with his new kit ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

That's funny dave , you always seemed happy to wear it ??? HOLLY 

PS Still got the Black fleece have you ?

Always happy to answer the call mate,

Think a couple of things should be cleared up here. Jw may have proposed the stopping or cutting of budget for clothing but it would have been voted on and on as a region. If passed then it wouldve happened.

Jc hasnt gone to fenlands, he couldnt commit to wl team this year , so has been attending other regions shoots as and when he is able to.

1 hour ago, dc1 said:

Always happy to answer the call mate,

Think a couple of things should be cleared up here. Jw may have proposed the stopping or cutting of budget for clothing but it would have been voted on and on as a region. If passed then it wouldve happened.

Jc hasnt gone to fenlands, he couldnt commit to wl team this year , so has been attending other regions shoots as and when he is able to.

Ahhh, excellent news, let's hope he gets his new kit sorted in time.

Just out curiousity what is it as I saw he was selling his 8002?

as you should know Dave it was proposed by John who was the man at the top . so although most did not know what they were voting for . they passed it . but as said as long as you are happy getting nothing . as per wales . good luck to you ??? HOLLY

You can always tell when it's Regionals time as you bring out the usual to try and wind that nice Mr Walker up...Shooo!   :grin:

I like john and get on fine with him , . talk to him on the e mails . really it is your region if you don't want £ 20 petrol money and hat . fine  .Luck at the regionals .  ??? HOLLY

Did I miss something, when did Holly get voted back into the SEFTA committee, I thought he had retired to the Isle of Pensioners.

It is your region , if that is what you want ? nothing . then fine ??? HOLLY

Just now, holly said:

We don't get nothing Holls, there is always something like the very nifty Regional hoodies or the hats, it's just a question of balancing buying stuff with having enough dosh in the bank to buy other stuff like trophies.

SEFTA aren't like the BFTA with £30k sitting in the bank otherwise someone would have run off with it by now no doubt....:grin:

Holly to be fair Wales was 3 years ago? Things have moved on since.

2 hours ago, holly said:

Last year SEFTA income from the various shoots was £1546, we spent £1458 of that on trophies, badges, Inters clothing/hats and shoot fees for the Inters weekend. That doesn’t leave much change for things like replacing radios, Chrono, etc. Things have changed since your time, not sure where you found £750 for Inters clothing, that’s half the income and shoot fees haven’t gone up since your time.

The prizes were Roughly  £ 350 . the rest of the average £750 was made up of team clothing . i used to ask what we had from lord briscoe and spend it . all bills provided .   there was no chrono unless the clubs ( springfield and Kent woodsmen )  Ian  for instance supplied it . any radios were either owned by the clubs or individuals . also clubs mostly supplied the stop watches . or supposedly the club marshals watched the timing . it is not curridge park any more ian . so why not give the people going some encouragement ??? HOLLY

Did you actually read my post...............take the little number away from the big number.................that’s what’s left.

Ian £ 750 ish  was the income from the winter league only . so it was spent on prizes and clothing   . the only other income was from GPs if any were held and that  went to the club who held it . as said . watches , chronos , radios were provided by the clubs . i think the only other expenses was paying the area sum to the BFTA for the regional team  on the sunday . the saturday was a freeby .HOLLY 

The SEFTA team will be getting limited edition hats...🏆

Holly you did this the two years I was sefta comp sec, I’d have thought you’d have plenty of time to think of something else to try and wind people up, what will the central team be wearing this year? 

Im sure one of them will tell you 😘

24 minutes ago, Dave Hat said:

Holly you did this the two years I was sefta comp sec, I’d have thought you’d have plenty of time to think of something else to try and wind people up, what will the central team be wearing this year? 

Im sure one of them will tell you 😘

Pink frillies as usual, or at least that’s how they shoot, especially when Holly’s In the team...🤣

Didn’t anyone tell you Dave. All the SEFTA team will be getting fully sorted 9015’s with 80x March scopes but keep it under your hat!! 😉

On 1/18/2019 at 7:57 PM, Eaton Rifles said:

The SEFTA team will be getting limited edition hats...🏆

MSGA small.jpg

Hahaha classic Steve...🤣

12 hours ago, SteveC200 said:

MSGA small.jpg

14 hours ago, SteveC200 said:

MSGA small.jpg

Nice hat! Who gave one to Holly to try?

But ...but ..but............SEFTA has always been great...

19 minutes ago, Siy-co said:

But ...but ..but............SEFTA has always been great...

Exactly!