Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Rifles

Yin Tong pellets....

Yes, we have a tin landing at Springfield tomorrow courtesy of Andy.

It will be very interesting to see how these medium-heavies perform.

Certainly from the photo Andy sent they look extremely well formed which doesn’t surprise me as the Chinese are supreme at copying something and making it better...just ask the Russians after they lent a couple of SU27’s to the Chinese on the premise it was try before they buy.

They reversed engineered them, upgraded the avionics and added a full glass cockpit.

Then to add insult to injury, gave the Russians back their planes saying ‘thanks but no thanks as we have better’....🤣

Wasn’t it a Chinese space station that fell out of the sky? 😂

Im impressed, Colin manage to get off topic in 1 post . HE would be so proud

12 hours ago, dc1 said:

Im impressed, Colin manage to get off topic in 1 post . HE would be so proud

Half off-topic if you don’t mind, par for the course here...🤣

Steering back on-topic, they looked very nice a sort of semi-pointed design and quite long.

Unfortunately my barrel didn’t like them, tried a group at 55 and you could drive a bus through it plus I had one that actually spiralled (like an out of control space-station?) and hit sideways...🤣

So many thanks to Andy for splashing out £18 to try these but I think I’ll stick with the heavies...👌

Think some of the problem is that they're not making them to the 'normal' (supposed) head sizes of 4.51/4.52/4.53, but are sticking to the 4.49/4.50 sizes, which might well work out to 10m, but not to 50m

It’s been proven time and time again. Head size is nonsense,it’s the batch that makes a difference. When you get a tin of 4.52’s and there are a mixture of anything between 4.49-4.55 it says a lot really. Best way is to just try them in your barrel. 

1 hour ago, springboy said:

It’s been proven time and time again. Head size is nonsense,it’s the batch that makes a difference. When you get a tin of 4.52’s and there are a mixture of anything between 4.49-4.55 it says a lot really. Best way is to just try them in your barrel. 

Which was why I put the 'rider' of "supposed" in my post - I've a couple of guns that shotgun with smaller (supposed) head sizes, '4.50' gives up to 1" at 30 yards, yet (supposed) 4.52/4.53 give tight groups - and I've a couple more that will group with 'supposed' 4.52, yet if I use 'supposed' 4.51 or 4.53 I get larger groups, so perhaps you've found that head size is nonsense, but I'll stick with the pellets that I know give the 'best' results through each of the guns that I have.

5 hours ago, springboy said:

That may be true of JSB's. But head size of the chinese pellets is much more consistent :)

In defence of the 9.5gr pellets I tried it may well be that particular weight just doesn't work at the spin rate and velocity of my barrel as I've heard good things about the 8.4gr flavour.

17 hours ago, SuffolkRifle said:

Which was why I put the 'rider' of "supposed" in my post - I've a couple of guns that shotgun with smaller (supposed) head sizes, '4.50' gives up to 1" at 30 yards, yet (supposed) 4.52/4.53 give tight groups - and I've a couple more that will group with 'supposed' 4.52, yet if I use 'supposed' 4.51 or 4.53 I get larger groups, so perhaps you've found that head size is nonsense, but I'll stick with the pellets that I know give the 'best' results through each of the guns that I have.

Correlation does not equate to causation.