AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

GC2 Action .

• Please log in to reply
917 replies to this topic

#121 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

Right now we are cooking on gas , simon got a good thrashing at anston . . my tenner will soon be safe i reckon . the NJR action is now with welham but as i am now shooting the GC2 pretty well i will stick with that if it lasts out till GP nine . yehawwwwwwwwwwwwww ??? HOLLY

#122 Piemanlarger

Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 2,594 posts
  • Interests:Ft
    Railways
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:W.Glamorgan

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Tue Jun 29 2010, 18:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right now we are cooking on gas , simon got a good thrashing at anston . . my tenner will soon be safe i reckon . the NJR action is now with welham but as i am now shooting the GC2 pretty well i will stick with that if it lasts out till GP nine . yehawwwwwwwwwwwwww ??? HOLLY

corr, one good day and hes off again!

i wont be working till 1.30am before Gp 7 so your time is up again ???

And lets not forgot that makes it 3 -1 in the Gp series after Sunday. As I can only do 7, 8 & 9 you need all three to claim the 10.

Can he do it!?!?!?

#123 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

Course he can ? castle is the same sort of thing again .wood wise . yep it is gonna be a breeze ??? HOLLY

#124 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

Season over and results wise with the GC2 it was not good . lot of fun trying . but very frustrating . i had a good gun and scope . got the sitters . got the kneelers . but could not get the standers . grrrrrr .even got beat by a welshman . i have been thinking where i could have gone wrong . anyway last week i was expounding to kilty that what you needed for standers was weight ( he was shooting my anschutz , weight 15 pounds ) made me think . my GC2 is quite light . what to do then . did not want to bolt bits to it . brainwave , get a heavy scope . bought a BIG NIKKO diamond MK1 today . weighs a ton , just the job . will try it out monday ??? HOLLY PS watch out piemanlarger . that was just round one .

#125 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

On the subject of the BIG NIKKO . the chap i bought it off had two of em . one was the MK1 and the other a MK111 . well supposedly the MK111 is the daddy . had a look through both and the Mk1 was def the better of the two . clearer on 50 mag and much brighter on 35 where i shoot . plus the MK1 had the nato ret , which i really like . we will see ??? HOLLY

#126 Piemanlarger

Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 2,594 posts
    Railways

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Sat Aug 28 2010, 21:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Season over and results wise with the GC2 it was not good . lot of fun trying . but very frustrating . i had a good gun and scope . got the HOLLY PS watch out piemanlarger . that was just round one .

And I would have whoooped you at the final rd too, if you had been there! so thats 2!

#127 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:12 PM

Round one was the season . bring on round two ??? HOLLY

#128 Piemanlarger

Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 2,594 posts
    Railways

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE(holly @ Sat Aug 28 2010, 23:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Round one was the season . bring on round two ??? HOLLY

You might as well give up now. Tried my new Ev2 for the forst time Thursday, wow, "how do you miss with one of these."

Far easier to shoot than the Njr, far tighter groups, the only way is up!

#129 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

Nice one mate .i hope you do well with it . BUT it will make it all the sweeter when i beat you with the old GC2 ( deserter ) ??? HOLLY biggrin.gif Grumpgramp.gif

#130 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:25 PM

Turns out the BIG NIKKO is a MK11 not a MK1 . green turrets , short eye relief . whatever . i like it and it has all the bits on it you usually have to buy . bolted it on and will play with it tomorrow . might use it at the masters next saturday ??? HOLLY

#131 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

No it is gonna take a while to sort it out . it has a huge sidewheel . never seen one like it . like a sharkfin but longer . bit flimsy . but it gives large gaps between 50 and 55 yards . anyway with it on , i cannot use reach forward mounts to get it back for the sitters .may get another wheel . round one i think . easier to bring my right hand over for ranging on the kneelers and standers . talking of ranging on 35 mag i could make out the difference between 50-52 and 55 yards . no sweat . i went along to all the long targets on the course and tried it out . scary mary came in a dead 55 yards . hairy mary came in at 54 yards and the darkest target we have came in a 52 yards . all correct . no problems there then . i then nerved myself up for the standers , which after all was the reason i bought the scope . if it did not work then the money was wasted . good news . the standers were considerably better . not perfect . but good enought to comtinue with the outfit and see what i can do with it ??? HOLLY PS kneelers and standers i found better on 20 mag ??? HOLLY

#132 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

Could not go to thje masters today .cos our new branch manager decided that drivers should be included in the stock take . ( sod it ) all we actually did was hide behind the bricks and chat . anyway thought i would trundle down the club afterwards and shoot my old GC2 . set up on the range and fired a check group at 55 yards , to see if the zero and lifts were all right after setting it up last week . blooming hell , twelve inches left and five inches high . stop and think about it . oh yes thats right . i put new reach forward mounts on it last monday . ha hem . rezeroed and all was fine . groups opened up a little ( 6 months since last cleaned barrel ) so i did that tonight . but i will say this MK2 Big Nikko really ranges spot on . may look around for a sidewheel secondhand as this sharkfin one is a bit hard to use over the top for kneelers and standers . spose it is like most things scope wise . good and bad ??? HOLLY

#133 HotShot

HotShot
  • 802 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:South Yorkshire

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:36 PM

Glad to see you getting on with the Nikko Holly - strangely enough - I am trying a Leup Comp out smile.gif

Had a 35 mag a few years ago and got on ok with it - got a 45 mag now and it is a superb range finder.

Hopefully I will have it all sussed before the winter league starts.

Dave.

#134 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

Yus mate . they are hard to beat ( 35 mag comp X ) what i would say is to anybody who buys a 35 mag is that the gaps are very large between the ranges ( 100 mil wheel ) . which sounds all right but can be a bit vague . leads to a differ , so when i saw steve paige at the showdown with a really tiny sidewheel on his i straight away asked him where he got it from .i cannot remember who he said made em . BUT he said he had a spare one . gimme gimme it said i . anyway i got it last week and tried it out last sunday on our club course . like most club courses it does not change to much ( the wind is the problem ) so i know most if not all of the ranges . but i always range em anyway . anyway we had our usual club comp . pound in the hat , winner takes all . i had just come off the zero range after setting up the scope sidewheel . went on to the course and gave it my best shot . well the good news was that EVERY range came in spot on the nose . the only one that gave me touble was the 54 yarder . because the gaps between 50 and 55 are so small , all i could tell was it was more that 50 yards ? so i stick on 52 and a half and down it went . ( high mounts flatten out the trajectory further out ) . the Big nikko is a tool to me , it does a job . it ranges as well as my Comp X . but it is -covered in gore- heavy . but of course that is why i want it . so as it makes my standers steady ( i hope ) ??? HOLLY

PS the 45 mag was the one i tried first . it rangefound for ever . BUT it was to dark for the winter league when the rain came and the sun went in . but good luck with it .

Edited by holly, 14 September 2010 - 09:02 PM.

#135 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:03 PM

I bought ten tins of exacts 4.51s to try out . well the GC2 does not get on with em . shame that . they were all right out to 45 yards , but after that started to spread . next up was a tin of air arms 4.52s . straight away they started to group well at 55 yards . so this may well be the way forward with the GC2 . next along was the standers , i have avoided these . cos if it turns out i cannot get em with the extra weight of the Big Nikko on board , then the money spent has been a waste of time and money . on our range at 35 yards is a row of mini kill knock up knock downs . i shot five of em and hit five . moved onto the course . nothing to hard . twenty and 30 yards standers in a slight wind . both down . so it is there if i can do it . looking positive so far . the big nikko is working well to . very positive ranges . i have found that it likes string ends best . not positive enough with the pellet marks if it is gloomy ??? HOLLY

Edited by holly, 19 September 2010 - 06:05 PM.

#136 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

Finished zeroing the GC2/Big Niko today . and marked up the sidewheel and top turret . all was well till i got to 8 yards . i shoot on 35 mag , but you cannot see 8 yards on 35 mag . so down to 10 mag and use a lower graticle on the scope . went two inches high . hey , nah cannot be . but then i remembered the old tasco custom shops . they altered as you changed mag . this does the same . but to be fair as soon as you changed back to 35 mag it was spot on again . you use the cheaper scopes you have to accomodate their little foibles ??? HOLLY PS but the ragefinding is spot on . thumb.gif

#137 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:01 PM

"STANDERS" Having set the old GC2 up yesterday . i tried it out again today and all was well . so decided to try out the standers big time . we have an open section with targets out to 48 yards . started on the 8 yarder , twenty yarder . twenty five yarder . 32 yard mini kill . 43 yarder and finally the 48 yarder . worryingly . i got all of em first shot . we are on our way . gonna use it at the essex 50 to give it a run out ??? HOLLY

#138 Tackleberry

Tackleberry
  • 703 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Petersfield, Hampshire. ENGLAND.

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE(holly @ Sun Oct 3 2010, 19:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"STANDERS" Having set the old GC2 up yesterday . i tried it out again today and all was well . so decided to try out the standers big time . we have an open section with targets out to 48 yards . started on the 8 yarder , twenty yarder . twenty five yarder . 32 yard mini kill . 43 yarder and finally the 48 yarder . worryingly . i got all of em first shot . we are on our way . gonna use it at the essex 50 to give it a run out ??? HOLLY

Sounds like the "Gloves are Off" and Holly's getting ready for some serious action at ETL. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Al.

#139 Siy-co

Siy-co
  • 1,457 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Essex

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

Reading hollies post above ....... I'll shall put out a course especially designed with him in mind ......... now where to put that 11.75 yd stander...he he

#140 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:01 PM

SY-CO , i have a setting for everything . admittedly i don't know where they are . BUT i will find em by the 17th ??? HOLLY

#141 robF

robF
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Mon Oct 4 2010, 17:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SY-CO , i have a setting for everything . admittedly i don't know where they are . BUT i will find em by the 17th ??? HOLLY

LOL... well despite everyone thinking you can't find your own backside, you can be rest assured everyone will be trying to hand it to you biggrin.gif

#142 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:50 PM

Quite interesting actually rob . now last season my average was just over 40 ex 50 , with a good one being 43 .now i was only getting two of the six standers . add the six standers in ( if i got em ) and you are looking at a very good score for an old rifle . now i know this is an if . but you never know ??? HOLLY PS and the groups that old rifle can do at 55 yards is as good as it gets . biggrin.gif

#143 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

Vanity is not usually my strong point . BUT i just bought myself a pair of ray-ban drivers sun glasses as used by tom cruise in "TOP GUN" . oh yes , so now when i "cruise" past mr piemanlarger thefinger.gif next year in the GPs with my GC2 . i will do so in style ??? HOLLY woohoo.gif Grumpgramp.gif

#144 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:31 PM

And what's in the news today ? they are looking for someone to star in TOP GUN 11 . yohooooooooo . i got the looks , i got the glasses . now where are they holding the auditions ??? HOLLY woohoo.gif

#145 Piemanlarger

Piemanlarger

Awesime

• 2,594 posts
    Railways

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:14 PM

With those radar guided missles Holls, you may even hit a stander?

#146 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:22 PM

They call me mr stander ( amongst other things ) ??? HOLLY

Edited by holly, 15 October 2010 - 06:23 PM.

#147 robF

robF
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:25 PM

think you're hearing is going hols... but it does rhyme with that biggrin.gif

#148 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:31 PM

Can i detect a smigeon of jealousy creeping in here ? could it be my perfect tecknique on the old standers . yep i think it is ??? HOLLY

#149 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:40 PM

Well it never went to plan i am afraid .i bought some old stock exacts . very early ones . looked superb . weighed up spot on . took em down the club saturday and ran em through the GC2 . it was very windy . wind was going every where . at first they seemed all right for the conditions . but as the lulls came along in the wind i started to notice that they just would not group properly .tried several places on the course . no good .put the rifle over the chrono just below the legal limit . tried to turn it down more from 793 to 785 again . but all i could get was 791 . must be the bleed valve playing up . so i thought it must be the rifle at fault . so sunday for the essx 50 i took the anschutz 2002 . dave welham has just finished servicing it and it was shooting well . but i have changed the scope over for the winter league and had not finished marking up the sidewheel . so sunday it was straight onto the ETL zero range to get it sorted out . the rifle is very accurate . but with the new pellets it was all over the place . so not the GC2s fault after all . the pellets are to blame . got another tin of my old 8.4s out of the car and all was well . with half inch groups at 55 the norm . i was a bit ring rusty with the shutz . missed a few early on , but once in the groove i did not mis any more ???HOLL

#150 holly

holly

holly

• 23,738 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:12 PM

Well it was not the bleed valve as feared .nope on the GC2 if it gets near the end of the charge . the power goes up over the last few shots .this is what must have happened in this case . been using it now over christmas and no probs so far . started a new barrel cleanning regime , where i clean the barrel after every shoot with WD 40 . i hope this will cut the amount of droppers i get and bring some better groups . the BIg Nikko has been spot on range wise . but every now and then drifts a few clicks . this might be due to me carrying it down the field to the club on my back ( stress ) but may be just due to cheap scope itus .tried an early anshutz butt hook on it . but that did not work , cos then i had trouble cocking the action . so the old one is back on and the other one is on the NJR ( fun innit ) got a comp sunday and i should really use the shutz . but will give it a go with the GC . the bad news is that craig has got his sticky mitts on barrys 8002 . this rifle is deadly accurate . so it may be uphill work getting in the prizes . plus Big Paul has got his Pro Target back from wayne . so he will be looking for last place as usual . The Big Tart ??? HOLLY biggrin.gif woohoo.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users