AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

The Christmas theme is now active.
If you do not see any changes simply scroll to the very bottom of the page and look for Change Theme, located very bottom left. Click on that link and select the Christmas theme.

Photo

GC2 Action .

• Please log in to reply
932 replies to this topic

#211 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

Well here we are again , trying to get the old gun up to speed . zeored it last weekend and shot it on the course . got a 38 ex 40 . sounds good BUT the ones i missed were due to shooting low on all those past 50 yards . when i mesured the hight of the scope above the barrel it was half an inch short of the three and a half inches it should have been . does not sound much but believe me it matters . put a couple of half inch lifters on tonight and will test it tomorrow . only problem i can see is if the scope does not have enough elevation to get me down to 8 yards . fingers crossed ??? HOLLY

#212 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

Good day at Spring today . beautiful weather , wind a bit strong . did not get far with zeroing as the rifle would not go down to 8 yards on the present mounts ??? HOLLY

#213 PaulD

PaulD

• 777 posts
  • Interests:Field Target, Air Rifles, Classic motorcycles and just starting out on digital photography after years om 35mm
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:north west uk/Warrington

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

I do believe you owe me a Hobnob old fruit for commission as agreed thumb.gif

#214 springboy

FT Extraudinair

• 2,378 posts
  • Interests:Shooting,Fishing,and my family
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:essex

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Sat May 26 2012, 18:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good day at Spring today . beautiful weather , wind a bit strong . did not get far with zeroing as the rifle would not go down to 8 yards on the present mounts ??? HOLLY

Looks like you're gonna have to poke and hope thefinger2.gif laugh.gif thumb.gif

#215 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(PaulD @ Sat May 26 2012, 21:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do believe you owe me a Hobnob old fruit for commission as agreed thumb.gif

Paul . i am on my way down to sainsbuds to get a tin of mixed broken biscuits as we speak . worth all of the 50 p investment . good luck tomorrow ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

#216 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE(springboy @ Sat May 26 2012, 21:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like you're gonna have to poke and hope thefinger2.gif laugh.gif thumb.gif

Learnt all i know of poke and hope off you stan ??? HOLLY

#217 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

Fitted my new super delux downward sloping high mount and fingers crossed . that will sort it , think that might do the trick ? but if not might nick the twenty fifty lupe off the wife's rifle and put it on the GC2 ( they can't touch you for it ) ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

#218 Ghilliez

• 2 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (mainly rabbits), Target Practice, Plinking.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:North Conway, NH

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Thu Nov 26 2009, 14:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks to Rockdrill on here i have finally managed to get a GC2 action .my old one was just about putting in the tight groups that GC2 owners expect and the rest of you mugs are lucky if you get once a year at christmas ? and now to finnish the winter league with a flourish . by god you boys do not know what you are missing . still hang on . that is you lots strong point ? missing that is . keep practicing boys ??? HOLLY Grumpgramp.gif

Holly, what are the specs of your rifle? Velocity? The ammunition you use?

#219 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

Howdo , i have three . one is bullpupped . two in conventional stocks . they are all MK11s . two of them are upgraded , two have MK111 internals ( more shots , easier to cock ) . they all like different pellets but having said that early 7.9 grain prems ( Die Two ) are the pellet of choice .over hear we run em at 810 fps for just under 12 foor pounds . GC2s like to be shot . the longer the harder the better they shoot . my oldest one 1987 will hold groups with anything . Luck HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

#220 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

Much better today at spring . wind was less , the new bridge mount with the 5% downward bubble worked a treat . groups were good and i came in on zero on the mark with only 55 yards being two clicks out . 8 yards was acheived easily . all in all a very good day and the weather was beautiful ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

#221 PaulD

PaulD

• 777 posts
  • Interests:Field Target, Air Rifles, Classic motorcycles and just starting out on digital photography after years om 35mm

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Sat May 26 2012, 23:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paul . i am on my way down to sainsbuds to get a tin of mixed broken biscuits as we speak . worth all of the 50 p investment . good luck tomorrow ??? HOLLY smile.gif thumb.gif

Excellent my owd cockney sparrow ill look forward to shareing them at a dunking session at MAD in a couple of weeks thumb.gif
And thanks for the luck, i ended up winning "B" grade today smile.gif started off really poorly by double dinking my first lane and missing one in the second, by lane six i was five down sad.gif i managed to re-group and finished on a respectable (for me) 42. Looking forward to the next one now back down at MAD thumb.gif

#222 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(PaulD @ Sun May 27 2012, 21:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent my owd cockney sparrow ill look forward to shareing them at a dunking session at MAD in a couple of weeks thumb.gif
And thanks for the luck, i ended up winning "B" grade today smile.gif started off really poorly by double dinking my first lane and missing one in the second, by lane six i was five down sad.gif i managed to re-group and finished on a respectable (for me) 42. Looking forward to the next one now back down at MAD thumb.gif

If you get down to spring on the saturday i will show you the error of your ways paul and let you shoot a decent rifle . a GC2 . oh and well done at tawd . now get back to work ??? HOLLY

#223 PaulD

PaulD

• 777 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE(holly @ Sun May 27 2012, 21:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you get down to spring on the saturday i will show you the error of your ways paul and let you shoot a decent rifle . a GC2 . oh and well done at tawd . now get back to work ??? HOLLY

Hopefully i will be at Springfield on the Saturday but unless your GC2 is a left hooker i wont be able to shoot it sad.gif we do have a lefty version at Tawd which i have shot a few times and i must say it is very nice indeed. I like the engineering that goes into them, they are beautifully made and put together, that's one of the reasons i like the Feinwerkbau so much with their build quality. Unfortunately it looks like ill be back at work in the next few weeks as ive just passed the treadmill test to get my HGV back sad.gif ah well it was nice not having to get up in the middle of the night for work cool.gif

#224 Ghilliez

• 2 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (mainly rabbits), Target Practice, Plinking.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:North Conway, NH

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

Very nice, Holly. smile.gif

I have an RWS 350 Diana break-barrel, wood stock, Illuminated Leapers 3-12x44AO SWAT Accushot Rifle Scope, Dragon-Claw bipod, with .22 cal ammo Superpoint 14.5 grains sharp, and Kodiak Copper Plated .22 Cal, 21.12 Grains, Round Nose.

Very nice gun, shoots real smooth. Kills rabbits in the blink of an eye. smile.gif

#225 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

well the end of the season is nigh and time the old GC2 was brought out the cupboard again . cannot afford a new lupe so looking for a Mk111 big nikko to put on top of it . will i hope do the Essex 50 and the Iceni open and then wipe the boys eyes with it in the winter league . you cannot keep a good rifle down ??? HOLLY :abiggrin: :thumb:

#226 springboy

FT Extraudinair

• 2,378 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

Is this the same GC2 you threatend us all with before.

#227 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

Yes stan and the only reason i did not kick ass with it was i had the scope mounted to high last time out . that will NOT happen again ( i hope ) the GC2 as it ages gets better stan ( unlike you and dave ) quality will tell . as you wil find out at Iceni for there open ??? HOLLY :thefinger: :atounge: :thumb:

#228 springboy

FT Extraudinair

• 2,378 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

We'll see how it goes at Iceni.

#229 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

This calls for a quid in the hat i think stan ??? HOLLY
PS no new rifles allowed .

Edited by holly, 23 August 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#230 springboy

FT Extraudinair

• 2,378 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

Yeah go on then. My 12 year old PT should qualify.

#231 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Right my new ( to me ) big Nikko MK111 turned up today. first things first , onto 35 mag and had a good long look through it towards the horizon . well that is a supprise . no coloured edging around the outside . i paid good money for a bushnell elite 8+30and it was RUBBISH , it had more colours than a kaliedescope .my old Custom shop was better ( not much ) . so then up the mag to top whack . yep not to dark ( i never use more than 35 mag ) down to 10 and really nice and clear ( as you would expecrt from a £700 scope ) turrets , good clicks . bolted on the sidewheel , smooth but a bit stiff . i wonder if there is an O ring inside ? yep looking forward to using it on the old GC2 . i got that out and put the scope on top . found the gun was empty .( not been used in 6 months ) put some air in . no leaks that i could find . will give it a run out saturday down the club . but cannot set it up properly as i have to practice for the showdown ( some hopes ) . yep let the good times roll ??? HOLLY

#232 dave o

• 51 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:hertfordshire

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

why dont you use it in the showdown holly, as you say you are only there for the badge

#233 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

I would but i have to knock rob out and simon first before i go home ??? HOLLY

#234 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

The old GC2 has been in the cupboard for 7 months now and to show its ire one of the seals on the cocking mech gave up the ghost . just as it was starting to really shoot well . ah wel , gave it bob to sort . hope it does not take to long ??? HOLLY

#235 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

GC2 back now from bob . back in the stock . Big Nikko on board and ready to rock . winter league is go next . kent woodsmen is the venue . all i have to do is set it up and away we go . looking forward to it ??? HOLLY

#236 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Well as usual the course of true love and FT do not go easily ? the main problem was the gun was running slow . 706 fps . when i turned it up to 784 all was well . zeroed easily and grouped on the nose . well it did after shooting it in . GC2s do NOT like being left in the cupboard , they need shooting . a lot of shooting , the more you do , the more they like it and the better they shoot . set up is to morrow . need to do all the close ones , every yard . i do not like doing it , but it has to be done . the standers and kneelers i checked out and found myself well rusty on em . but every thing in it's time . once set up i will try the course and see how it goes . the big Nikko impressed with how easily it is to range with . as i say it is not a Lupe or a sightron or a march but it does a job and does it pretty well too . looking forward to tomorrow and the winter league next sunday ??? HOLLY

#237 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

Well the next time out did not go to plan i am afraid , gun was up and down like a fiddlers elbow and the trigger sears must be a bit worn cos as i decocked it it kept firing , not good and of course not safe . spoke to northern bob the GC2 guru and he said turn trigger weight screw half a turn out and that will give you another part of the sear, hope fully that will do it . try next saturday ??? HOLLY

#238 PaulD

PaulD

• 777 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

Well the next time out did not go to plan i am afraid , gun was up and down like a fiddlers elbow and the trigger sears must be a bit worn cos as i decocked it it kept firing , not good and of course not safe . spoke to northern bob the GC2 guru and he said turn trigger weight screw half a turn out and that will give you another part of the sear, hope fully that will do it . try next saturday ??? HOLLY

Try joining the 21st century and buy summat modern Holly :rofl2: P.s wanna buy a Steyr? :lol2:

#239 springboy

FT Extraudinair

• 2,378 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Try joining the 21st century and buy summat modern Holly :rofl2: P.s wanna buy a Steyr? :lol2:

He's already got one,though he won't admit it. He keeps telling us its the wife's

#240 holly

holly

• 24,417 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Shoot what you enjoy and for me it is the GC2 , nothing comes close . you have something newer but not better ??? HOLLY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users