AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Shooting Clubs in the leicester area

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rabbit hunter001_*

Guest_rabbit hunter001_*

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:30 PM

sign_help.gif I am looking for a shooting club in the Leicester area for air rifles. I have been to Kibworth not very impressed at all, saw the advert in airgun world that states "three under cover air rifle ranges" got taken down to one with 8 or so chairs and was told thats the air rifle range, there is one more near the entrance but thats only for competitions. Any ideas??

#2 Rutty

Rutty
  • 78 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Midlands

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:47 PM

Leicester & District Smallbore Rifle Club

Rutty

#3 baron

baron
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Air rifle and air pistol target shooting and collecting and renovating old Webley pistols and BSA rifles. Organizing and running County and Midland Rifle Leagues(air rifle and rimfire) <br />bench rest shooting
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:midlands

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(Rutty @ Sat Jul 18 2009, 14:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Leics and District has probably the best facilities in the county for air gun shooters and also have a FT section (Dowry Hill FT )

The club do 10 metre Match Rifle, 20 yard Sport Air Rifle(LSR) , 25 yard Benchrest Air rifle, FT in the woodland area and allow airguns on the 100 yd range, 50 yard range and on both indoor and outdoor 25 yd ranges
Check out their web site
Baron

#4 itsray

itsray
  • 18 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Leicestershire

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:11 PM

Yes, its a very well managed and set out club with a (really genuine) indoor range plus an FT one too catering for many small bore disciplines with a slight let down being that the opening times are limited to certain days and then only afternoons until early evening. Sundays being an exception from 10:00 to evening. The cost of membership for an adult is £165.00 and Junior £65.00. That said there are no other costs per visit other than for ammunition and targets.

Those prices are reasonable if you are a regular shooter and compare them with Kibby which is £4.00 per visit for a member and £8.00 for a non-member.

You takes your pick and pays your money.

There are other ones in Leicestershire but are infrequent and not particularly well set up, the best one being at Loughborough. There is also the 'Boinger Bash' near Hinckley (Quigley Hollow farm) held infrequently and is for springer fanatics. It is a great day of fun for all ages and gender and comaradie, well worth a visit. Give the 'Bucket' at 75m a go and see how good you are with a springer!

I too had hoped that there were more ranges and clubs in Leicestershire but sadly there is not.

There may still be one in Anstey near Leicester but last time I checked it was very, very expensive and rather shall we say 'up market' to be polite.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users