AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

new shooting range open

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 viper77765

viper77765
  • 56 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:middlesbrough

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:33 PM

i am new to this site so i think this is the right place to put this anyway new shooting range open in elwick just out side hartlepool

if you check out this site there is a map to the range covered fireing point just short of 100 yards (96 aprox)

all targets available we also have a shop so if you need supplies no probs

www.bdfirearms.piczo.com

and click on woodview target centre we do rifles pistols archery crossbows so something for every one

#2 Guest_sniper22_*

Guest_sniper22_*

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:23 AM

good luck with the new venture. heres a few things ive learned in 18 months from running bolton air gun society -

get a website
keep the spark there with new and differing choices of shooting treat everyone like an equal, not a dummy thats bought the wrong gun
keep the advertising up - business cards in local shops and posters. then do your homework by sending an unknown into the shop asking where the local ranges are. if they dont mention yours, ask why not.
make sure your insured.
most of all, wear a flak jacket because the chances are youll be targetted for back stabbing somewhere down the line.

ENJOY AND REMEMBER - ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM.

#3 raygun

raygun
  • Administrators
  • 8,567 posts
  • Interests:Airgunning
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Bolton

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:07 PM

Good luck with your range.

Looking at your website you seem to be catering for a wide range of enthusiasts.
Very much a one stop shop, hope you do very well.

ATB
Ray.

#4 Guest_airsniper_*

Guest_airsniper_*

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:46 PM

Good luck with the new range. thumb.gif

Im trying to think what the 'BSA Underlever Pneumatic' is that you havefor sale on your site. unsure.gif

ATB
Ian smile.gif

#5 Guest_Big Red_*

Guest_Big Red_*

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:05 PM

The best of luck chaps.

Im up in N Yorks in a few weeks and will drop in to see you. thumb.gif

#6 Guest_airsniper_*

Guest_airsniper_*

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(Big Red @ Mon Aug 7 2006, 19:05) View Post

Im up in N Yorks in a few weeks and will drop in to see you. thumb.gif

Now, you be nice to the 'natives' RED awink.gif
REDS lovely really when you get to know him.

ATB
Ian smile.gif

#7 viper77765

viper77765
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:04 PM

ok i will look forward to meeting you big red you are welcome to come shoot

viper

paul

www.bdfirearms.piczo.com

there is a mp there to the range and pics

#8 Guest_Big Red_*

Guest_Big Red_*

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(viper77765 @ Fri Aug 11 2006, 22:04) View Post

ok i will look forward to meeting you big red you are welcome to come shoot

viper

paul

www.bdfirearms.piczo.com

there is a mp there to the range and pics

Cheers viper Ive already printed one off. smile.gif

P.s.
Just one tip for your new venture. Don’t try to jump all over other peoples posts with cheep shot advertising like some other clubs, it just gets tedious. Instead, do your best for the members and let them sing its praises (word will soon get round) thumb.gif

Edited by Big Red, 12 August 2006 - 04:12 PM.

#9 clubshot

clubshot
  • Member,
  • 3,845 posts
  • Interests:All forms of Shooting. Especially Practical Pistol.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:North London

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:50 AM

http://www.bdfirearm...com/?cr=6&rfm=y

Interesting - Best of luck

BOB/R

#10 Guest_Grasshopper_*

Guest_Grasshopper_*

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:10 PM

First post on here (been on the other "BBS" for a short time). So, by way of an introduction I thought I would just chip in regarding the Woodview Target Centre.

As you will gather from the posts, Paul basically runs the show and it is a really good place to improve your shooting and learn about new and old shooting related kit. I have been a fair few times now and from starting by using one of the clubs Webley Raiders I now have an AA S410C and BSA Airsporter. Some of us bring our own targets to shoot at as well as using the extensive range the club has, from basic card holding targets, spinners and knockdown targets, we even did some HFT practice last Sun with knock down targets from about 8 meters out to about 50. Oh and there is also a chronograph just in case you were wondering what sort of power you were running.

If anybody is new to shooting and wants to try out a few different types of air rifles and pistols before you decide if it is for you then everyone will make you welcome.

Anyway I just wanted to say it is a real friendly club in an excellent location (well unless you live down south that is), heck it even has a real toilet with hot water clap.gif

Anyway Paul puts the effort in so I just thought it was worth saying so.

Regards

Chris

#11 viper77765

viper77765
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:43 PM

thanks for the post Chris appreciate it.

thank you

paul

#12 Guest_Big Red_*

Guest_Big Red_*

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:51 PM

A Trip to Woodview

Droned over to the East for a few weeks caravanning last week and wile I was over there I called in at woodveiw Farm Shooting range.

I found it very easily off a ruddy great duel carriageway, just outside Hartlipool.
My first impression was one of the size of this place. They have a large modern farmyard with stables and equestrian type thingies scattered around with ample parking for all visitors. After a quick wander over to the range itself these guys could easily hold a national comp with facilities most of us can only dream of. Large meadows for camping, large clubhouses, toilets and hot and cold running loons dressed from head to toe in cammo firing ceramic ball bearings at each other in the adjoining woods.

This is a club for all. Paintballers, Archers, Airgunners and tactical siege overthrowers. Yes they even have a mock house complete with bedrooms and the like that they fill with terrorist type cut outs, storm the building and paintball kick some target ass.

To say that this club is only a few months old it won’t be long before they are a leading venue in the country. The members I met there are full of the enthusiasm you only get from a new venture and the interest form new members will swell its ranks to a club worth local competitions.

At the moment air gunners use a large flat field strewn with paper targets, drop downs and spinners with a variety of home concocted targets such as used co2 bulbs on string and such like. The great thing is if you get there early ‘you’ decide where and what you shoot at. The field is around one hundred yards long with a high bank mounded at its far side but I doubt even the best shot would seriously wish to try and shoot that far. These are all shot from a large golf driving range type shelter with benches sandbags and cushions to rest your aching bones on. I can’t wait until a serious H.F.T. course is set up in the adjoining woodland, that’s when a challenge (from me) will be sent out and a few like minded chaps take a trip out there and hold a good old FT/HFT competition.

The trooper leading this new venture (Paul) is a fine chap, determined to uphold both the safe and fun sides of our sport and with his friendly and welcoming, professional outlook will in no doubt make every success of this new club. My very best wishes in the future and I hope all your problems are small round and full of paint.

Edited by Big Red, 03 September 2006 - 09:13 PM.

#13 viper77765

viper77765
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:08 PM

Thanx guys for all your post i very greatfull

#14 Guest_Gar73_*

Guest_Gar73_*

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:43 PM

With there only being as far a I know Lincs HFT Club and Renishaw Anston HFT in the North East region advertising as HFT clubs I think the way forward in this part of the Country is a another HFT club with a dedicated HFT course. Thorn Dell is not far away but the feeling i get is that there No1 priority is FT and HFT second. I could be wrong!!!.

To attract members and to grow the club it has to be linked to something either FT or HFT and for me HFT is really growing quickly and has good potential for drawing people to join and to partake. Anyway only my 2p. smile.gif

#15 viper77765

viper77765
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:29 AM

http://www.bdfirearms.piczo.com

#16 Guest_landyloony_*

Guest_landyloony_*

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:49 PM

NIce one viper looks like a good set up I'll have to nip down sometime as just bought my first gun so want somewhere to have a practise and get the hang of things

#17 Guest_Gar73_*

Guest_Gar73_*

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:51 PM

Is woodview open weekdays during the Holidays before 6pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users