AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Air Arms NJR100 regulator problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 guidodg

guidodg
  • Member.
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:not religion...
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Cape Town

Posted 23 July 2002 - 02:00 PM

I have an Air Arms NJR100 which I bought in 1993 from Nick Jenkinson\Link Arms . The rifle is set up with a regulator extension for approx 18.5 ft\lbs
I am having a problem with the NJR100 regulator.
The rifle was clocking about 870fps consistently for about 60 shots with H&N barracudas. Recently the power went down so I opened it up to give it its 2 yearly service. I refilled the regulator to 140bar. The velocity now is very erratic. It starts off at 700fps [at 180 bar fill press] and creeps up to 900+ then creeps down again over 40 shots.[it seems to be consistent for a few shots when the fill press is around 155 bar] I have tried adjusting the striker spring screw and the striker screw itself but cannot come right. What is the difference between these 2 adjustments? What do you suggest?
The striker is clean and has no oil on it.
Thanks
Guido Del Giudice www.delgi.com
Cape Town
South Africa

aconfused.gif

#2 Rod

Rod
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Rough/Clay Pigeon Shooting, Pest Control/FT, Coarse/Sea Fishing
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Dorset

Posted 25 July 2002 - 08:02 PM

Guido,

Perhaps a quick email to Nick might point you in the right direction. I think this is Nick's latest email address maybe NeilM can confirm.

link.arms@zoom.co.uk

Hope it works out, thumb.gif

Rod

#3 Jon

Jon
  • 5,693 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Staffs

Posted 25 July 2002 - 09:49 PM

You need to replace the PTFE seal every time you alter the reg pressure.
PTFE has no memory- Once disturbed it inheritantly will not go back in the same place as it was before it was slackened off.
Bearing in mind the seal is not working it has let in whatever pressure you have filled the air tube to, ie 180 bar and you may have a minor problem letting the air out of the reg- use a longer screw down the thread to force the valve off its seat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users