AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Getting the blood going before a Shoot .

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 holly

holly

holly

• 23,709 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:57 PM

Gents not strictly FT but if you love bikes or just a bit of speed , go onto you tube and type in 2016 ThruxtonAwana  it gets you ride on a thruxton R  in i think it is new zealand . dunno how long this chap will last . but it is good . watch him wipe up the touring bikes on the long sweepies this bike was made for .??? HOLLY

#2 Jon

Jon
  • 5,957 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Staffs

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:04 PM

For pussies that Holls seems NZ just like England overtaking lane nowt on inside because intend turning right three mile ahead.

Try this one twice the speed+ https://youtu.be/BmIr33pekM0

#3 holly

holly

holly

• 23,709 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:23 AM

Now if you wanna see a real right nutter . on you tube some where is a gent who rides around the moscow ring road . when the traffic is either not moving at all or is crawling along . three lanes full up , and he is doing a hundred miles an hour or more between the cars . one slight error , gone /?? HOLLY

PS but i like the thruxton R and he is giving it some berries .

#4 Jon

Jon
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:24 PM

The best one was taken down off youtube around 8 years ago Paris ring road proper camera many near misses 170mph+ between cars 3ft apart swerving to miss or flash past lorry 1/4 mile ahead.

Would have thought had more ponies than around 100hp for a 1200cc, get a lot more than that from a 500.

Old gaffer used to have same engine in the Harley look alike what a tank.

Some good stuff on there Hyabusa turbos, good one in NL or Sweden.

#5 Barry

Barry
  • 742 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Essex

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:04 PM

I may as well join in the non airgun thread...........

I used to have a Hyabusa and used to go to Woodbridge airbase every year for the 2 mile runway flat out runs. I was there when a dutchman with a nitrous, extended swing arm 'Busa made it go 224 mph. They were good meets, 'Busa's up against the Kawasaki 1200's

Fastest mine went with me (may as well have put a sail up) on it was 174mph. It was the fastest bike on the day in the standing quarter though, with a gimp, ex Santa Pod champ riding it. Bog standard out of the box except a bit of mapping on the dyno and a little bypass trick they used to do on 'em to get around the limiter.

ahhhhhh, headier, happy (and more expensive) days.....................

Edited by Barry, 22 June 2016 - 05:07 PM.

#6 holly

holly

holly

• 23,709 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:03 PM

I used to go up the club on my yamaha 350 YPVS . gun on my back round the lanes to the old springfield club . good days . used to howl it round the lanes with the old spannies giving it some .it 250 gearing . you could lift the front wheel in any gear cept top ??? HOLLY

PS riding up the field to the club . the yard dog used to chase me . big -swearword- too .

#7 Jon

Jon
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:43 PM

Mate had one of the first 350's 81 or 82 all the stories front will come up load of bull.

Bearing in mind used to a 125 at 186Lb, gid it revs and dropped the clutch, forks extended got it up to 85 and thought this is slow for a 250 got off and saw 350 think they had around 33hp same as a lighter 125 in 81.

You wouldn't have liked me 79 250 nudging 50 ponies at 187Lb and how they got on with the 500's a few years later running 60 ponies 208Lb I will never know.

Theres a clapped out KX500 on youtube against a Hyabusa

#8 holly

holly

holly

• 23,709 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:59 PM

Mine was a 250 with a set of 350 barrels that came with it . naturally i put em on . and believe me it used to try to kill me every time i went out on it .yes the front wheel would come up . usually in third . and just as you started to lean it over for a roundabout . you would then have to lift it up and be heading for the armco . fact . don't believe it buy one and try it . sold that and bought the flying brick . BMW K75 RT . best long distance bike i ever owned . smooth fast , reliable . cheap ??? HOLLY

#9 FIESTA

FIESTA
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:13 AM

i remember holly comming to the club on his motorbike ,he needs a jet ski now :f2:

#10 robF

robF
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:27 AM

350 ypvs in the garage waiting for my attention

#11 robF

robF
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:30 AM

ghostrider videos of the paris ring road are still up

reminds me of couriering

heathrow to gatwick 1 hour, A roads.

#12 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,522 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:04 AM

Ghost rider's videos are ok but nothing gets close to some of the TT footage... :rolleyes:

https://youtu.be/QVXc29ZgutI

#13 Jon

Jon
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:26 AM

No the original before the imposters about 6-8 yrs ago.

How about this about 500 ponies https://youtu.be/EmnsXTMLzCE

Still got the knobblys on poor start not that far behind a Busa https://youtu.be/ACjnSBEblhY

RD350LC about 168Kg with 39 ponies, 125 83.5Kg 31 ponies half the weight, 250 84Kg 39 ponies twice the RD power to weight ratio except mine ran 51hp couldnt hold the thing, animal old school porting, reeds, head far quicker than full blown one off works bike.

#14 holly

holly

holly

• 23,709 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:55 PM

money is getting better on the YPVS but the RD 400 s money is just silly . good bike but not a patch on the  350 . best of the lot i had was a RD 250 coffin tanked . on a longish run it just used to go better and better as the -rubbish- blew out the pipes . so smooth . coming back from snetterton ( great track ) i blew of a big harley . well pleased with that . he would pass me on the straights but i got him back on the bends and roundabouts . yeah , love it ??? HOLLY

#15 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,522 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:57 PM

money is getting better on the YPVS but the RD 400 s money is just silly . good bike but not a patch on the  350 . best of the lot i had was a RD 250 coffin tanked . on a longish run it just used to go better and better as the -rubbish- blew out the pipes . so smooth . coming back from snetterton ( great track ) i blew of a big harley . well pleased with that . he would pass me on the straights but i got him back on the bends and roundabouts . yeah , love it ??? HOLLY

Surely the comparison there is like saying that you beat an artic in a sports car?  :)

#16 holly

holly

holly

• 23,709 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:10 PM

No not at all . the big harleys can move on the right road . but with some twistys a 250 cc two stroke can more than give em a run for there money ??? HOLLY

#17 holly

holly

holly

• 23,709 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:50 PM

Remember there is no replacement for displacement ??? HOLLY

#18 Jon

Jon
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:26 PM

Displacement carries weight and girth can be ok for straight line stuff.

Of course can always add a supercharger or turbo for minimal weight.

When I was a naughty boy used to play with unrestricted 250's round country lanes beat me on straights but no match round bends in a Fiesta 950.

Have a look at that Top Gear episode with the Atom against superbike.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users