AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#1 holly

holly

holly

• 24,385 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:02 PM

I see Matt say's that the new production 9015 rifle is on it's way over to him from Anschutz to test . with respect to Matt . i doubt that the small amount of shooting matt can get in with his family commitments is a true test of a FT rifle . send it over here matt and i will shoot the -swearword- to death ??? HOLLY

PS  no don't thank me . 

#2 dc1

dc1
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:52 AM

Youd have to get one of those bullpup kits,wiv the high quality coathanger trigger linkages for it first

Edited by dc1, 22 April 2017 - 06:52 AM.

#3 Darron

Darron
  • 1,126 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:West Midlands, Walsall

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:12 AM

Handing Holly a 9015? Would be like handing my great grandfather an iPad.

#4 Matt

Matt
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:25 AM

Holly,

Have bought 50 tins of Jsb ready for the task, also is the reason I'll probably not be shooting gp for at least the first half of the season.

Be good to see how it compares with jons conversions and compare it with the rifle jack had.

Matt

#5 holly

holly

holly

• 24,385 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:18 AM

50 tins ? hmmm what will you do in the afternoon Matt ??? HOLLY

PS unless an unbiased shooter gets it to test . it really means nothing . the man to send it to really then is the piemanlarger . he will test in on a proper course at his club . and everybody knows he will NOT suck ass . 

PSS or Neil . plus he can put the results in shooting sports . 

Edited by holly, 22 April 2017 - 10:19 AM.

#6 Matt

Matt
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

PS unless an unbiased shooter gets it to test . it really means nothing . the man to send it to really then is the piemanlarger . he will test in on a proper course at his club . and everybody knows he will NOT suck ass . 

PSS or Neil . plus he can put the results in shooting sports . 

Lol unbiased.  You've talked some rubbish in the past Holly but my god that lol I'm speachless.

Also you suggest I suck ass, think I've mentioned before don't fantasize about me I don't like it - especially when I get to hear what they are.

The rifle is the first one off the production line - I will test it as it is (as I have always done in a completely neutral position).  If it is poor it will be reported it is poor.

As for future tests I have two teams of shooters available to me to conduct further tests.

Matt

#7 NeilMac

NeilMac
  • 3,037 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, horses, cycling, archery
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Somerset

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:09 PM

So after all this extensive testing is done first by you Matt and then by the RWS teams, is there the slightest danger that customers, like me, will actually be able to BUY one?

And if it turns out to be poor and in need of further modification, isn't promoting a product that cannot be bought (as practiced by Air Arms on a regular basis) a really good way of getting potential early adopters, like me, to spend their money somewhere else?

#8 holly

holly

holly

• 24,385 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:47 PM

Your sponsored Matt . are you really gonna go against anschutz . i wish you luck with it but as it stands you have already  had a knock back from the world champ for what ever reason . . good testing equals . good products . ??? HOLLY

#9 Darron

Darron
  • 1,126 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:West Midlands, Walsall

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

PS unless an unbiased shooter gets it to test . it really means nothing . the man to send it to really then is the piemanlarger and everybody knows he will NOT suck ass . 

No no Holls he only gave up for lent lol

#10 holly

holly

holly

• 24,385 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:40 PM

I seem to remember buying my GC2 MK 11 . it was waterproof . it was reliable . it was accurate . it was adjustable and it looked fantastic and still does . nobody modded it . nobody tuned it , they just shot it and won things . ??? HOLLY

#11 Matt

Matt
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:28 PM

So after all this extensive testing is done first by you Matt and then by the RWS teams, is there the slightest danger that customers, like me, will actually be able to BUY one?

And if it turns out to be poor and in need of further modification, isn't promoting a product that cannot be bought (as practiced by Air Arms on a regular basis) a really good way of getting potential early adopters, like me, to spend their money somewhere else?

Nothing stopping you buying one.

My testing remit is to basically compare it with the one i already have and pass back my thoughts on where it sits within the market.

You are free to spend your money wherever you want, i cannot force you to buy something, nor will I promote something i do not believe to be a good product...Hence the reason i don't work for magazines and the ilk.

I don't know how many ruag are buying in for the first batch that's upto them, nor do i know how many are being bought by the other Anschutz distributors around the world. Finally i don't have an idea how many rifles are being produced by Anschutz themselves for the first batch of rifles (unlike airarms Anschutz produce a bigger range of products from air rifles to bullet rifles).

Matt

#12 Matt

Matt
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:41 PM

Your sponsored Matt . are you really gonna go against anschutz . i wish you luck with it but as it stands you have already  had a knock back from the world champ for what ever reason . . good testing equals . good products . ??? HOLLY

I like the term sponsored, the teams will be sponsored i will not be.

As regards knock back from a world champ speak to jack first on his thoughts, then speak to Jon and finally speak to the person who tested the rifle after it was returned. Understand what your talking about rather than just make up scenarios to fit what you want.

Hhhhmmm going against Anschutz​, my ethos with regards all my involvement with any manufacturer is to help them produce a product that i would be prepared to spend my money on. So if this puts me against Anschutz or kahles or whomever then i will do it - sometimes they listen sometimes they don't...but at least i don't just sit there bemoaning this of that manufacturer without trying to do something.

Good testing doesn't always equal good products, as i have found people are finicky and can at times just follow the crowd just to be seen to be doing the right thing as opposed to free thinking and buying what is the right product.

Don't believe me if you choose to, but ultimately I'm the one too busy to attend shoots trying to get the products sorted rather than attending the events to enjoy the hobby i used to really love.

Matt

#13 NatS

NatS
  • 1,110 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Suffolk

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:54 AM

Looking forward to seeing how the teams get on today.

#14 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,936 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Essex

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:31 AM

I seem to remember buying my GC2 MK 11 . it was waterproof . it was reliable . it was accurate . it was adjustable and it looked fantastic and still does . nobody modded it . nobody tuned it , they just shot it and won things . ??? HOLLY

So if it's that that good why aren't you shooting it? :grin:

#15 Matt

Matt
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

So holly did you speak to jack and the two people who tested the rifle?

Matt

#16 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

I couldn't do the GP yesterday so headed over to Springfield in order to test some pellets and shoot their permanent course. Quite a few FT shooters there surprisingly and in no time I had an orderly queue to try my 9003.

I think all were pretty impressed including Kilty who shoots a 9003 himself, so much so that I think Jon will be getting a couple of calls from shooters looking to upgrade to 9015's.

#17 SuffolkRifle

SuffolkRifle
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:30 PM

I couldn't do the GP yesterday so headed over to Springfield in order to test some pellets and shoot their permanent course. Quite a few FT shooters there surprisingly and in no time I had an orderly queue to try my 9003.

I think all were pretty impressed including Kilty who shoots a 9003 himself, so much so that I think Jon will be getting a couple of calls from shooters looking to upgrade to 9015's.

Should've popped up to Iceni Colin - and tried the gun that was doing the rounds there (thanks to Todd), most had broad grins on their faces after they tried it - about the only thing that NatS missed was when she tried a couple of standing shots at the rack of chicken sillies at 29 yards (gun was too light for her)

#18 dc1

dc1
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:32 PM

So if ypur 9003 was so impressive why would peeps want the 9015?

#19 NatS

NatS
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

Yesterday was a good day :D

#20 SuffolkRifle

SuffolkRifle
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

Yesterday was a good day :D

Biggest grin I've seen on your face for ages, plus you got a good score :cheers:

#21 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

Because in essence it is a 9015 even though it says 9003 on the sticker...but keep it quiet Dave we don't want that Rock Hopper getting hold of classified information....:grin:

#22 dc1

dc1
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

Because in essence it is a 9015 even though it says 9003 on the sticker...but keep it quiet Dave we don't want that Rock Hopper getting hold of classified information....:grin:

Ahhhh I see, wont tell a soul

#23 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

Should've popped up to Iceni Colin - and tried the gun that was doing the rounds there (thanks to Todd), most had broad grins on their faces after they tried it - about the only thing that NatS missed was when she tried a couple of standing shots at the rack of chicken sillies at 29 yards (gun was too light for her)

i tried Jason's impact when he first got it at ETL, very nice for the couple of shots I tried but then the trigger locked up and jammed permanently. Apparently quite a common problem Jason found out afterwards.

#24 SuffolkRifle

SuffolkRifle
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:06 PM

No problems with the one we played with, think there must have been something like 150 shots put through it - the trigger 'lock-up' is down to a loose sear pin (since been rectified with a 'retro-fit' new one) in that if the gun was fired even slightly canted, it'd work its way out & jam against the stock.

#25 Eaton Rifles

Eaton Rifles
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

No problems with the one we played with, think there must have been something like 150 shots put through it - the trigger 'lock-up' is down to a loose sear pin (since been rectified with a 'retro-fit' new one) in that if the gun was fired even slightly canted, it'd work its way out & jam against the stock.

Aha good to hear they got a handle on it and sorted the problem. I think Jason had one of the first in the country so that's what you get for being an early adopter...:grin:

I do like the easy barrel swap feature and the take down to pack away.

#26 NatS

NatS
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:22 PM

Trigger took some getting used to as it was a tad long on the first stage and heavy @ that. Accuracy wise it was hitting everything I wanted to lol. Always like testing other rifles.

Coupled with my 9015 being tip top yesterday, it was a good day.

#27 dc1

dc1
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:12 PM

Trigger took some getting used to as it was a tad long on the first stage and heavy @ that. Accuracy wise it was hitting everything I wanted to lol. Always like testing other rifles.

Coupled with my 9015 being tip top yesterday, it was a good day.

So it was a junior junior version ??

#28 holly

holly

holly

• 24,385 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:32 PM

So holly did you speak to jack and the two people who tested the rifle?

Matt

Yes Jack Just grunted ??? HOLLY

#29 Matt

Matt
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

So no then.

Any rumours you'd like to start?

Matt

#30 holly

holly

holly

• 24,385 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:08 PM

I don't start rumours Matt . i for one am fed up with firms bringing out kit that then has to be sorted out before you can reasonably expect good reliable performance .. name a modern FT rifle that has worked out of the box  . why do you think Jon and nick make a living sorting out kit . good testing would prevent that . do not give kit to the people who will say . yes great . give it to the people who will say . if it is so . that is -covered in gore- awful . get it right . ??? HOLLY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users