AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Mediterranean meat balls.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 potshot

potshot

"One Shot Potshot"

• 2,213 posts
  • Interests:All things Airgun. Wildlife Filming, Cooking, RC Helicopters and fine Whiskey.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Lancashire

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

My take on this wholesome recipie.

Bone and mince a medium rabbit, four pigeon breasts and a half pound chunk of fatty belly pork...add a packet of Aldi roasted veg cus cus, salt and pepper and one large egg to bind...mix to mush and form into golf ball size balls, shallow fry all over until crisp on the outside and still rare inside.....don't worry the rest of the cooking will cook them thoroughly.
Make a simple vegetable bolognese sauce, with two tins of chopped tomatoes, one large pepper, a large courgette, handful of mushrooms one onion and a slug of olive oil. Fry the sauce ingredients in a large metel oven proof dish until they are cooked and the oil starts to separate from the tomatoes...salt and pepper to taste....to complete the dish place the part cooked meat balls into the sauce including the cooking juices and carefully cover them with the sauce....if the sauce is too thick boil a kettle of water and add enough water to cover the meat balls and gently mix in.....cook on a low heat for one hour adding a small amount of water as it evaporates....the meat balls will absorb moisture from the sauce as they cook and the dish will take on a rich tomato and gamey flavour, it will also thicken naturally...serve with your preferred pasta and a nice topping of Parmesan cheese. I drink a good red with this and a nugget of ciabatta to sop up the sauce.

#2 steveh

steveh
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, golf, football
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:E London/Essex

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:16 PM

This sounds really nice, the Woody's are gonna take a pounding in Essex this weekend lol. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users