AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Bunny Burgers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Axe_*

Guest_Axe_*

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

This is a recipe that I made for a BBQ and have continued to make ever since. It went down a storm with those that tried them I hope you do to, enjoy!

Bunny Burgers

Ingredients
1.25-1.5 lb of Rabbit Meat
1.5 lb of Pork Belly
1 Large Onion
170 g Pack of Paxo Sage & Onion Stuffing
1 tsp Ground Cinamon
Olive Oil

Method
Finely chop the onion and gently fry in the oil until pale gold, put to one side and allow to cool. Cut the rabbit and pork into 1 inch chunks and run through a course mincer. Using a pestle & morter grind to a powder, the course grains of sage & onion stuffing and add to the mince with the remainder of the packet. Add the cooled onion and a large teaspoon of ground cinamon. Mix well and divide into portions and round into a burger shape around 1/2 inch thick. You should get around 14-16 burgers.

#2 Guest_Noid_*

Guest_Noid_*

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

I generally do a similar thing with pork (yet to get my first bunny) but i have to use something to "bind" it or they disintegrate so i normally use an egg.

I assume you are using the stuffing mix as a binder? They stay together well?

#3 Guest_Axe_*

Guest_Axe_*

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:59 AM

Noid the bulk agent in stuffing is rusk which is widley used by commercial sausage and burger makers. It works a treat and helps to reduce the moisture which is usually the downfall of a burger holding its shape. I prefer a coarse mix which also helps and I tend not to bother them too much whilst cooking, just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users