AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

One pot tasty dish.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 potshot

potshot

"One Shot Potshot"

• 2,210 posts
  • Interests:All things Airgun. Wildlife Filming, Cooking, RC Helicopters and fine Whiskey.
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Lancashire

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

Ok so faced with a dilemma, I had a call saying family was coming to dinner on Saturday for lunch on Sunday. What to cook, do I go for the usual Sunday roast or something different...
Something different. Take a good kilo of your best game trimmings...(boneless meat). You need half a pound of dry haricot beans and a large spud pealed with a big full flavoured onion.
Soak the beans overnight in lots of fresh water....the meat needs marinating in lots of garlic and olive oil and don't waste the marinade.
On the morning, place the meat, chopped onion and diced potato in a larger even proof dish and add a small heap of salt and a good sprinkling of pepper to the mix...cover with water and add the rest of the marinade and cook in a slow oven at 150 deg for at least an hour.
In a large pan with lots of salt cook the beans for about twenty minutes on a rolling boil, drain and add to the now slow cooking game...add a good heaped table spoon full of tomato purée and enough water to cover...(or white wine) cook for another three hours checking on the water or wine level and don't let boil dry, the water/wine level needs to reduce by half. By now the meat and beans will be falling apart and cooked to perfection and a nice thick potato thickened Gary will surround but not swamp the mix...the smell will have your guests salivating....not quite ready to serve...cook some good spuds, preferably new ones with lots of salt to flavour....I cook mine slow for about an hour but never let them boil, until they are tender. Keep the meat hot but not cooking.
Serve with the spuds and a good nugget of crusty bread and a very nice quality red wine...I defy anyone to say this is not one of the best dishes you have ever tasted.
My guests decided to stay on a night looking for a good feed on Monday, unfortunately for them They had to close the door behind them when they left as I had to go to work at 07:30 am.

#2 Mick G

Mick G
  • 1,213 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Powys

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

Just my sort of meal, easy to eat and tasty!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users