AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Photo

Squirrel Stirfry.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 reggiemental

reggiemental
  • 7 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Suffolk

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Well, for my sins, you might enjoy this, my first post on this website......

A few years ago, whilst engaged in one of those Farmers Union Pigeon shoot days with a 12 bore S.S., It was pointed out to me a squirrel dray. I watched as one squirrel dashed inside, the other, more observant chap put a barrel into the dray and obliterated it's structure and out tumbled two rather, bereft of life, squirrels. Splendid he whispered to me, I shall have a pigeon and squirrel stirfry tomorrow. I had to know about this of course and this is the recipe he told me  :::

As many stripped squirrels of meat as one or, more can eat at one sitting.

Same with Pigeon breasts.

Marinate them in Balsamic  Vinegar for a bit, maybe a bit of Mustard if you want it.

Fry up in a wok with a mite of Olive oil until tenderish. (Pigeons a mite longer than squirrel)

Add any vegetable matter one enjoys in stirfries i.e. peppers, onions, mushrooms etc.

When nearly cooked, throw in some beansprouts and egg noodles, maybe a tad of chilli seasoning and Soy Sauce or, Oyster sauce. Pour on the marinade and let steam for a little while.

Experiment with above until you perfect it to your taste, we are all different in epicurean delights....

I have eaten loads of these stirfries since then, I shoot a bunch of them with the HW77 over a few weeks and, the wifely woman and I then sit down to a real feast with a decent bottle of Cabernet and a c.d. of light music in the background... excellent.

#2 Lydford

Lydford
  • 1 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Gloucestershire

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

This sounds amazing! I have three squirrels in the freezer and I bagged a nice brace of plump pigeons yesterday.

Saturday evening I will probably give it a go ...

#3 Shootist

Shootist
  • Member.
  • 477 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:Derbyshire

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

I wish someone would change the title of this thread. Due to screen colours and old eyes, every time I see it I read it as 'Squirrel Stiffy'. Rather disturbing, that.

#4 bruno527

bruno527
  • Member.
  • 2,377 posts
  • Interests:country side management, hunting,fast cars,women...good ale &amp; a game pie !!<br /><br />some times all together.... niiiiiiiiice!
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:gods county, in't hills !! N Yorks

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

I wish someone would change the title of this thread. Due to screen colours and old eyes, every time I see it I read it as 'Squirrel Stiffy'. Rather disturbing, that.

depends how you think !! :0

#5 steveh

steveh
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, golf, football
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:E London/Essex

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:08 PM

Sounds puka, might give the bunnies a break on next hunt and stock up for this.

Steveh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users