AirGunForum uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Important Announcement!

The Christmas theme is now active.
If you do not see any changes simply scroll to the very bottom of the page and look for Change Theme, located very bottom left. Click on that link and select the Christmas theme.

Photo

A Pup With A Good Trigger ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 holly

holly

• 24,426 posts
  • Interests:FT . archery . walking
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:East london

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:52 PM

As ever i look for a pup with a good trigger . the only one out there seems to be the FX . but of course it comes with a smooth twist barrel . now neil say's that he thinks there have been developments of it . and in some of the pics . it looks like there are lines all the way up the barrel . is this crimping as is usually found just at the end of the smooth twist barrels , to increase spin . or i wonder is this just cosmetic . anybody know 

??? HOLLY

#2 Darron

• 1,126 posts
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:West Midlands, Walsall

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:20 AM

I’m having a pup made based on a Daystate with electronic trigger for silhouette work and a bit of rough shooting I will let you know more in the new year.

#3 springboy

FT Extraudinair

• 2,380 posts
  • Interests:Shooting,Fishing,and my family
  • Region OR County OR State of residence:essex

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:11 PM

I thought you could request a Walther barrel for the FX instead of the smooth twist

#4 holly

holly

• 24,426 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

The trouble is that news and info is short on the ground . i may get another EV2 action to have another go at pupping one . ??? HOLLY

#5 Graham2

• 106 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

The original SmoothTwist process utilised the hydraulic swaging process only on the last couple of inches, which gave rise to the name SmoothTwist.

Now that Fredrick Axelsson has had the system for a number of years, he has found that the new method, where the whole barrel is swaged, is better- I guess the barrels should now be called TwistTwist!

I'm not really sure in what way the barrels are better, as I thought the whole idea of SmoothTwist was to uniform and improve the pellet as it travelled up the honed part of the barrel, before it was given a little twist at the end, without the pellet being deformed too much. 

I'll call Ben Taylor in the morning and find out what I can.

#6 Matt

• 1,571 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

I always fancied trying a bullpup for the sillies at nefta darron, but I always prefer something a little bit more front heavy, all the bullpup I have tried felt quite neutral to me.

Matt

#7 holly

holly

• 24,426 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:52 PM

Pretty easy thing to sort as long as you rifle has a rail underneath at the front /?? HOLLY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users